Honored Contributor

@happygolfcartrider wrote:

@handygal2 I think the aswer is that all the shopping channels are now "Infomercials" with the hard sell gotta get it now. I am waiting to here "But Wait" order now and we will double your order, just pay the shipping and handling. LOL   Woman HappyHeart

@happygolfcartrider: Lol. Unfortunately, l wouldn't be a bit surprised!  

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

I started out watching the IM live show last night but I didn't get thru it. I like Isaac but sometimes the host gets in the way of my being able to watch and that was what happened last night so the channel got changed.

QVC can do what they like with their hosts but I choose what and who I watch.  When I don't watch, I tend to NOT SHOP, but the management doesn't seem to get that.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@happygolfcartrider wrote:

Gotta love her! What a trooper! Woman HappyHeart

Its not like she's been walking over hot coals.   In what way has she trooped? 

Shawn has gone through a lot in her personal life but always maintains a very positive persona on air. 

@Lipstickdiva  A positive persona to me would be to do her job and not bring up her personal life at every excuse.   I've gone through a lot in my life too but I don't constantly remind everyone who'll listen. 

I don't think that's what Shawn does but you don't like her so.......

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

I started out watching the IM live show last night but I didn't get thru it. I like Isaac but sometimes the host gets in the way of my being able to watch and that was what happened last night so the channel got changed.

QVC can do what they like with their hosts but I choose what and who I watch.  When I don't watch, I tend to NOT SHOP, but the management doesn't seem to get that.

I bolded part of your post, and wanted to comment on that.   I know others disagree, but frankly I don't think what we post here has any affect on the QVC powers-that-be.   When I started watching, in the 1990s, I also purchased and I was a huge fan.   The reason was that they really were entertaining, and I learned that I could trust what was said...  the quality (Q) was there, along with the value (V), and shipping was excellent (including the return process) so convenience (C) applied, too.   They also had variety, new products, something to keep us interested and curious.  I was an extremely frequent buyer with very few returns. 

The years passed and I've learned I can find better quality, value and convenience elsewhere, and I no longer trust the sales pitches (again, sales styles dictated by the corporation, in my opinion) or the quality of the products.     And there's not nearly as much of a reason to watch (for me, anyway), since it's eerily similar to a very few looooong infomercials being re-aired ad nauseam.   I tune in now and then, often as a result of something posted here.   And think about it...   how many of us post our criticisms on the forums, but we really don't see any related changes?   I think it's because what I wrote earlier is true.   The bottom line is retail sales, and something they're doing is bringing in money.   And the changes we've seen in host presentations, limited variety, and repetition has to be part of what's generating those sales.   Gloomy post, I know.   They lost me a long time ago as a customer and a fan.   I've been posting this same thing for years, and others have, too.  Maybe we're not the target audience.   Not sure.   But I don't think our displeasure with what QVC has morphed into has any effect on the corporation.   One of the strangest things, to me at least, is that they now have more competition,  but they're not favorably competitive if we comparison shop.   There's my rant. 

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor
oh I agree with you, I certainly realize that posting here means nothing to QVC's management. That's there choice and as you say, mine (or ours) is to either not watch or shop elsewhere, both of which I do. Once in a while there will be something I feel like I want to buy but most times these days I don't indulge the urge. I do enjoy many of the posters here which is why I continue to post even though I realize it is futile to expect anything to change. I'd think that the fact that their financials show there are continuing issues would spur them to explore the reasons why, but QVC management seems to prefer to pretend that all is well.
Honored Contributor

I have no doubt that these boards are read by TPTB at QVC.  People have reported receiving telephone calls from QVC over something they posted on this board, like an issue they were having.  This board is used as a tool for QVC.  If there was nothing in it for them, they wouldn't still have it running.  There certainly is no reason for them to have a message board if there wasn't something in it for them.

The problem is, we are just a small blip of QVC shoppers.  While many people on this board might complain about something or someone, there are probably many others who aren't complaining and could even be complimenting certain situations or hosts.   

Esteemed Contributor

I no longer watch QVC live unless I am actually looking for a particular product and want information.  Just try getting help in a store these day!  

I do not like t he hard sell.  I don't want personal problems. I don't want the host to pretend to me just like me or my best f riend.   I don't want constant chatter and host talking over vendor or the other way around.  I just want to find out about the product, all that I can and make up my own mind.    

I have  no opinion about Shawn or any other host.   But if she has had a hard life I really don't want to hear about it, nor do I want to share my life either.  

Respected Contributor

I wonder (after the holiday dust settles and the returns are processed) just how QVC is doing profits wise.

I read something in another thread in which the OP stated that vendor/product companies buy air time and exposure on QVC. Does anyone know if that is true? I thought they just shared the profits.

I know this is very off the topic but I am interested.

Valued Contributor

If QVC depended on me, they would be bankrupt. If has nothing to do with the hosts, it's the items they are selling. When I did ordered it was once or  twice a year. I ordered a handbag 3 months ago, the first time in over 3 to 4 years(Since Barry Cord left) Love Bixby, but nothing interest me.Love B/M stores  and not waiting or complaining about delay deliveries.

Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo  My question doesn't have to do with your reply, but saw your signature line and it reminded me of a question I had. I've seen people's signature lines' in italic, bold, color, etc. but haven't been able to figure out how to do that. Can you help? TIA

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein