Honored Contributor

HULAGIRL wrote:

wonderfulworld wrote:

Any person who moves her parents across 4 states so she and her husband can care for them while her father has chemo and her mother is in a wheel chair qualifies as beautiful to me. Her husband too.

EXACTLY!!! 

I've come to the conclusion that some posters don't want to acknowledge a couple of things.   One is the fact that all the hosts and vendors (and QVC) are here to sell.   This is retail sales.   We like it or not, but the tactics used within established standards to sell any merchandise will rear their sometimes ugly head.   So, we'll hear whatever they've been advised is helpful to move the merchandise.    Because otherwise their employment, their livelihood, is jeopardized and others are waiting to step in.  

The other thing is the fact that these hosts and vendors are flesh-and-blood human beings.     Someone's sister, daughter, best friend, cherished and loved.   They're not one-dimensional, not a commodity to be verbally sliced and diced.   If we saw some of the things written here and across the internet about our own family members, or our best friend, I don't think we'd react very charitably.

There are people who want to come to the internet and say hurtful things.   I will never understand why that gives them such pleasure, but it will always happen no matter what we say.   There's a big difference between constructive criticism -- useful, practical feedback -- and personal insults, but unfortunately some people never will take the time to look at the distinction... or perhaps they don't want to.

I agree with both of you, @HULAGIRL and @wonderfulworld.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@happygolfcartrider wrote:

Gotta love her! What a trooper! Woman HappyHeart

Its not like she's been walking over hot coals.   In what way has she trooped? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Its not like she's been walking over hot coals.   In what way has she trooper

Huh? Woman HappyHeart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@HULAGIRL wrote:

@wonderfulworld wrote:

Any person who moves her parents across 4 states so she and her husband can care for them while her father has chemo and her mother is in a wheel chair qualifies as beautiful to me. Her husband too.

EXACTLY!!! 

I've come to the conclusion that some posters don't want to acknowledge a couple of things.   One is the fact that all the hosts and vendors (and QVC) are here to sell.   This is retail sales.   We like it or not, but the tactics used within established standards to sell any merchandise will rear their sometimes ugly head.   So, we'll hear whatever they've been advised is helpful to move the merchandise.    Because otherwise their employment, their livelihood, is jeopardized and others are waiting to step in.   The other thing is the fact that these hosts and vendors are flesh-and-blood human beings.     Someone's sister, daughter, best friend, cherished and loved.   They're not one-dimensional, not a commodity to be verbally sliced and diced.   If we saw some of the things written here and across the internet about our own family members, or our best friend, I don't think we'd react very charitably.

There are people who want to come to the internet and say hurtful things.   I will never understand why that gives them such pleasure, but it will always happen no matter what we say.   There's a big difference between constructive criticism -- useful, practical feedback -- and personal insults, but unfortunately some people never will take the time to look at the distinction... or perhaps they don't want to.

I agree with both of you, @HULAGIRL and @wonderfulworld.

I am seeing good things about Shawn no criticism,no personal insults nor anything hurtful. ??????Woman HappyHeart 

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

So tired of the host bashing!

Respected Contributor

Lets see now, she is a trooper, she takes care of her parents, love her, etc...

How is this host bashing? Woman HappyHeart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Shawn has gone through a lot in her personal life but always maintains a very positive persona on air. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Shawn has gone through a lot in her personal life but always maintains a very positive persona on air. 

@Lipstickdiva  A positive persona to me would be to do her job and not bring up her personal life at every excuse.   I've gone through a lot in my life too but I don't constantly remind everyone who'll listen. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I agree that Shawn, and all the hosts, are there to move the merchandise, and use whatever tactics are necessary to achieve that goal.

But herein lies the problem: Why should they have to be forced to use "tactics" to "move merchandise"?!

In the past, the products were interesting, unique, and reasonably priced. So the hosts/vendors wouldn't have to try so hard. JMHO.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

@handygal2 I think the aswer is that all the shopping channels are now "Infomercials" with the hard sell gotta get it now. I am waiting to hear "But Wait" order now and we will double your order, just pay the shipping and handling. LOL   Woman HappyHeart

Don't worry, be Happy!