Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shawn and Isaac: Rachel Maddow's ""Best New Thing in the World""

It wouldn't have been so bad if they hadn't gone on and on and on and on................

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

This is a kinder discussion... after all, some may like light-hearted banter

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

First, those who are blaming Shawn... she misspoke when she said the words "planet moon" because as soon as she realized what she said, she changed it to "the moon"... and she did know that the sun is a star. It was when Isaac repeated her first words "planet moon" and then started insisting that the moon was a planet is when it all went really downhill.

Rachel Maddow has a wonderful, quirky sense of humor! She uses her humor a lot of times in more serious news stories, and I love watching her. No one, in my opinion, could have presented this particular story better than she did! Even though I had seen the original clip, I just watched Rachel's take on it again, and it has surely brightened my day! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} This "episode" in the life of Shawn and Isaac was nothing short of funny, and Rachel made it hilarious. In the whole scheme of things, I think a lot of people are just taking this way too seriously. I'll bet Isaac's sales go up now because of it - QVC is probably happy as they can be for all the free publicity.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

ETA: It just goes to show that QVC is NOT at all known to a majority of people, and we who post on these boards are just an itsy bitsy number of people in that context.

Honored Contributor

Interesting that this showed up in so many places. The researchers are copy-cats very often, but this is the first time I've seen something be passed around that I've actually seen myself. Fun!

As an aside, sometimes I swear when Shawn and Isaac get started, its because they realize one of them is "n trouble and the other just helps dig the hole even deeper. This time whatever the background, the result was funny. Also, great publicity.

Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2015 lovestoteach said:

Here is an msnbc link to the Rachel Maddow show video segment.

RACHEL LINK

I didn't listen to the whole thing because I went back and watched the show, which was on the DVR... However, from what I saw, Rachel handles the incident/episode with a friendly sense of humor.

I love the way she repeated the line "Google it, Chunky!"

Respected Contributor

That was just too funny! Thanks for posting this as I missed seeing the segment live. I love the comment about how they ""broke the model""!

Respected Contributor

They certainly have the world talking and QVC is getting a lot of press! Now it may not be for the right reason but still it is free advertising!! It was a crack up moment and very entertaining! I just wish they could tell the difference between lime green and yellow!!! They kept saying that cardigan was lime green and it was yellow!!

Contributor

It was on GMA this morning too.
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/16/2015 gardensla said:

CLIP

Thanks for the link, gardensla.....that was great...love Maddow...

Esteemed Contributor

People have commented on the MSNBC site that, indeed, technically, it is not incorrect to label the Earth's moon a "planet" (the two can be seen as a "binary planetary system"). Some other jargon about planetary bodies' ability to generate light, support life, etc - who knew life on the Q was this esoteric.

Still funny as heck. BTW - "ET" is on tonight.

Cogito ergo sum