Honored Contributor

Re: Search your own posts

[ Edited ]

debc wrote:

The search button has a drop down menu and users is one of them.   Just type in your user name and go.   It will take you to your name with information.  One of that is a thought bubble with the number of posts you have.  That is clickable.

activities searchactivities search

This is interesting, @debic!  However, for some reason, I don't see those 3 things listed to the right of my name (or anyone else's) when I look at the profile page.

I'm using a Mac, and tried both Firefox and Chrome to see if there was a difference...  no luck.  (All software is up-to-date.)   It might be that all my browser add-ons are interfering.  Not sure, just tried it quickly.   I'll have to play around with those and see if that's the problem.

Good of you to add this helpful tip, which seems to be working for just about everyone! Robot Happy

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@debc wrote:

The search button has a drop down menu and users is one of them.   Just type in your user name and go.   It will take you to your name with information.  One of that is a thought bubble with the number of posts you have.  That is clickable.

activities searchactivities search

This is interesting, @debic!  However, for some reason, I don't see those 3 things listed to the right of my name (or anyone else's) when I look at the profile page.

I'm using a Mac, and tried both Firefox and Chrome to see if there was a difference...  no luck.  (All software is up-to-date.)   It might be that all my browser add-ons are interfering.  Not sure, just tried it quickly.   I'll have to play around with those and see if that's the problem.

Good of you to add this helpful tip, which seems to be working for just about everyone! Robot Happy

This isn't in the profiles, it's just a search result.  Here's what I see for you.

doobdoo

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

dooBdoo,

I just searched your name and got the same result as debc, and when I clicked on your post count, it showed me all your posts.  I'm using Internet Explorer, though.

This feature is kind of neat, although I agree it's a little clunky compared to the old "My Activity", and it's also a little freaky to realize that any of us can literally search all of someone else's postings.  (Gotta watch what I say in here!)

Trusted Contributor

Re: Search your own posts

[ Edited ]

Evidently it also brought up alternative nic which is I what I saw. Thanks for the clarification though.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Trusted Contributor

Duh. I just got it. Thank you!!!!

Valued Contributor

THANK YOU!!

Fighting for them.( formerly EMTHeart)
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ

Trusted Contributor

It's still very awkward and cumbersome.  You have to type your name in every time. Not to mention anything posted between March 2015 and June 15, 2015 is just plain GONE! You need to bring those back, especially our monthly Book Thread in its own Book forum.  

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Trusted Contributor

@MrsSweetieBear wrote:

It's still very awkward and cumbersome.  You have to type your name in every time. Not to mention anything posted between March 2015 and June 15, 2015 is just plain GONE! You need to bring those back, especially our monthly Book Thread in its own Book forum.  

I agree. It's not the best set up, but hopefully they'll make some improvements moving forward as feedback starts coming in.

I'm glad to see you're still here slogging through this with the rest of us, MrsSweetieBear!Heart

Super Contributor

Finally, thank you for the information, but what a round about ridiculous way of doing things, and most of my posts are missing, they also have the wrong sign up date and number of posts.

Respected Contributor

@MrsSweetieBear wrote:

LOL, well mine is easy to type, but if I had a long name I'd just copy and paste it.  It would be quicker.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*