Super Contributor

SINCE WHEN DID CLARKS SANDALS, LEXI, COST $79??

[ Edited ]

I was shocked yesterday seeing a Clarls sandal, LEXI model, priced at $79!  Ive been in bed with a virus, so watching too much QVC!  This is ridulous! 

My other whine is about a host who shall be nameless, has to stop name-dropping! She's going to Florida, but had to mention her favorite places - BOCA, PALM BEACH! We know they are the pricey places, so if you're so insecure that you have to keep telling us where you are going, its a pretty sad state of affairs!!  She used to be more humble, but getting LR's show on Monday night, has turned her into a strutting pain in the butt!

Maybe I'll feel better tomorrow! 

Honored Contributor

Re: SINCE WHEN DID CLARKS SANDALS, LEXI, COST $79??

70-75 on most other sites QVC does not offer discounts and the vendor rep does not set the price

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Because i have feet issues over the years i have gotten many shoe catalogs........it surprised me when Aeorosoles, Easy Street, and even Softspots associated with QVC and suddenly their prices went up.............I remember Easy Street was a much cheaper brand 

Respected Contributor

I often buy Aerosoles from Q. I was interested in a particular style but it was not available in the color I wanted so when I checked the Aerosole site they were offering buy on get one % off and free ship.

Same for Clarks.....and maybe other brands......Clarks was offering a shoe for $100 on Q but I bought the same shoe in the store on clearance for $50.00

Many place offer free shipping both ways such as Nordstrom so it pays to comparison shop.

Honored Contributor

All prices for EVERYTHING has gone up so I'm not surprised. I am a Clarks girl tho and have 5-6 pairs and have had them for at least 10 years. However, now they are wearing out and I've had to toss them away. So sad but I've been going to E&bay to find many of the new ones for much less and usually free shipping. There are sales to be found tho and also coupons with free s/h too. Got a pair of Romika sandals for 1/2 off at Nordstrom rack. Still paid $70 for them but will wear them forever---love that brand!!

Honored Contributor

I have a pair of Clarks loafers that I purchased from the Q a few years ago that were $40 and now are $79.  I have a feeling that since the minimum wage was raised so are the prices.  It's ridiculous.  My complaint with Clarks is the shoes are running small.  I never had problems say 2 years ago.  I could  buy any pair of Clarks and they would fit.  Not now, I have to take back a 2nd pair of shoes to Clarks store that I ordered online that are too small and I hate returning.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I don't consider $79 expensive if it's a good shoe. And where aren't prices going up?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

It's not that it's expensive, it's not competitive.

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I don't consider $79 expensive if it's a good shoe. And where aren't prices going up?

Trusted Contributor

There was a time that I could afford Cark's shoes,but not anymore.All way over 100 dollars,maybe for the working gal,but i am retired can not afford those prices.

Respected Contributor

What I do not understand is this: QVC sells in such large quantity that they should be able to sell even cheaper - that would be the draw.  Why would I buy from them when I can order elsewhere cheaper and with free shipping? Sometimes they offer a oto or special price and then it is worth it.  They do sell a lot of shoes and as long as people are willing to spend their prices nothing is going to change. Clarks website has free shipping both ways but prices are no better unless there is a sale going on. You can go to their website and join the mailing list/email list and you will get special sales not advertised.