Esteemed Contributor

Just venting!

I'm just frustated 'cause just when it seems QVC has really upped its game, items never are delivered as stated when ordered.

Ordered NYDJ  jeans on the 10th, the eta has been changed a couple of times, now it's supposed to arrive on the 22nd.

My LG tsv is sitting at the post office - "holding it per customer's request" - NOT!

I believe QVC is doing its part on sending their packages out, but once departed it's pot luck!  My amazonsmile orders usually arrive on time posted , often days earlier!  Wish the Q could get reliable shippers.

I know it won't change, just wishing......

Honored Contributor

Your package might not be sitting at your PO.  

QVC's tracking notifications tell me one of mine is  at my local PO.  My local Postmaster told me USPS never received the package for that tracking #.

He also mentioned a THIRD PARTY SHIPPER.  Who could that be?  He didn't know.  Kachina said her Post Office told her the same thing.  So, I went sleuthing.

The third party shipper is Newgistics.  That speedy shipper that takes forever to return our packages.  It appears UPS is dropping off some packages to a Newgistics facility for them to deliver to USPS.  Newgistics is where my package seems to have disappeared. 

Why is QVC contracting THREE shippers to deliver our packages?  Obviously, to save money.  Well...because of that, QVC might lose money because they are sending a replacement.  I may or may not received the original order.  

As per Kachina, as well, she recommended looking at tracking for QVC, USPS, UPS, to see if their notifications match.  I'd suggest Newgistics as well to see if they are a third party shipper.  None of the notifications matched for my tracking number. 

QVC's notifications were the least truthful saying my package was delivered to my PO, but it wasn't acording to USPS.  Who was posting that incorrect information on to QVC's website?  Newgistics?  

Not saying this is your problem, just making everyone aware.  

Esteemed Contributor

THANK YOU, @Foxxee !  That explains a lot!

Honored Contributor

Re: SHIPPING!!!!!

[ Edited ]

just checked the order I placed Wednesday evening --  it shipped a few hours ago, but its tracking number from UPS is still uninformative.  Most recent previous order arrived a few days early, but with all the weather issues across the nation plus the many illnesses, I am not predicting, but fortunately I don't have imminent need.

The shipping problems are so random --  unless this order adds days, I can still say that over the last 3 years I have been reading about the delays, only one of my orders ever took more days than I thought when I agreed to order--  another winter storm caused that day of delay and now we have way more problems than weather.

Trusted Contributor

The shipping situation is frustrating.  Just wanted to lend my morale support!

I have several items from the Q and Nordstrom's that are a taking a long time to get here-- like over a week to 10 days.  Which is nuts for where I live.  I am in a metropolitan city.  Pre-pandemic I would get things in like a day or two.... Amazon would be same day sometimes!  but I guess those days are over.  

Now, I try to buy locally if I can.  But if it's a good deal or I can't get it nearby, I just try not to think about it.  It'll get here when it does.  The funny thing is, just as all the packages start coming in and I decide-- let's not order anything for a while..... then I find something else to order and the cycle starts all over again.  

So you are not alone!  I am out here tracking and trying to find mine, too.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee - Just FYI, Newgistics was bought out by Pitney Bowes a few years ago, so Pitney Bowes now handles return shipping for QVC—they're responsible for all the "shipping agents" who pick up packages from the USPS hubs. I do not believe PB is doing any outbound shipping for QVC; from what I've experienced, only UPS and the USPS handle deliveries for the Q. (And based on a few posts in the forums, I think there is one wine vendor that has started using FedEx for its shipments.) Perhaps the "third party" that is being referenced is UPS Innovations, which handles small packages that travel through the UPS system until they are handed off to the USPS for final delivery?

Honored Contributor

Just my opinion here, but I think ALL shipping, USPS included is so broke that no one is able to fix it or does not know how or where to begin.  Until there comes a time when someone steps up to the plate and fixes it our packages and mail could be anywhere, anytime, anyplace.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@Foxxee - Just FYI, Newgistics was bought out by Pitney Bowes a few years ago, so Pitney Bowes now handles return shipping for QVC—they're responsible for all the "shipping agents" who pick up packages from the USPS hubs. I do not believe PB is doing any outbound shipping for QVC; from what I've experienced, only UPS and the USPS handle deliveries for the Q. (And based on a few posts in the forums, I think there is one wine vendor that has started using FedEx for its shipments.) Perhaps the "third party" that is being referenced is UPS Innovations, which handles small packages that travel through the UPS system until they are handed off to the USPS for final delivery?

@loriqvc 

If Newgistics wasn't the third party carrier, why did they have all my tracking information on their Newgistics website?  Why did Pitney Bowe's tracking show nothing.  My tracking information wasn't recognized.

Pitney Bowes did purchase Newgistics in 2017, but their name had not been changed to Pitney Bowes. Newgistics may run independently under Pitney Bowes like QVC does under the umbrella of Qurate and Liberty Media.  If Newgistics' name had changed to Pitney Bowes, would they have a website called Newgistics where we can track our tracking numbers?

It's been my experience, too, in the past, that it was only UPS and USPS delivering our packages, but when the Postmaster tells me there was a third party shipper involved in my delivery, that's one more than 2 and equals 3.  

Shipping by UPS and USPS in partnership is called UPS Mail Innovations.  They are packages under 2 pounds.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee - If you Google "Newgistics," the first thing that pops up (at least in my results) is a link to the Pitney Bowes website indicating that Newgistics is now part of PB. I just tried going to newgistics.com, and the site was immediately redirected to a PB site link. So I tried clicking another Google results link for Newgistics "Track a package," and that link also redirected to the PB website. So I'm not sure how any tracking information would be provided via Newgistics.

Really not worth further discussion—it is clear that all carriers are experiencing delays and issues right now...

Honored Contributor

Re: SHIPPING!!!!!

[ Edited ]

@loriqvc 

It's odd we are seeing different things.  

The first thing I see is the Newgistics Logo. No reference to Pitney Bowes on the page anywhere.

Notice at the bottom, it says Copyright Newgistics 2004-2022. The copyright is up to date.  (Please someone don't tell me I'm using something that's copyrighted.  This is a company logo.  I'm not stealing it for my own use.)  

See the source image
Track a Package
INSTRUCTIONS: Please enter one or more Tracking Numbers in the space below to track your package(s). Do not include spaces or dashes when entering tracking numbers.

Next, click the Track button to track your package(s).
FAQ

Click '+' to enter values, '-' to minimize Tracking Values

Enter up to 50 tracking values (one per line)
Copyright © 2004-2022 Newgistics, Inc. All rights reserved. SmartLabel is a registered trademark of Newgistics, Inc.

When I enter the tracking number, this is what comes up.  No reference to Pitney Bowes.

I removed the tracking numbers and destination.  I don't want anyone snooping into my personal information.  Estimation delivery was blank.  

See the source image
Track a Package
INSTRUCTIONS: Please enter one or more Tracking Numbers in the space below to track your package(s). Do not include spaces or dashes when entering tracking numbers.

Next, click the Track button to track your package(s).
FAQ
Tracking Summary
Ship DateTracking NumberReference NumberCurrent StatusDestinationEstimated Delivery
12/29/2021 UnknownIn Transit  
Tracking Details

Ship DateTracking NumberReference NumberCurrent StatusDestination
12/29/2021 UnknownIn Transit 
Event DateEvent TimeEvent DescriptionLocation
12/30/202102:14 PMYour item departed a shipping partner facility at 2:14 pm on December 30, 2021 in SWEDESBORO, NJ 08085. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.SWEDESBORO, NJ 08085
12/28/202109:52 PMArrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting ItemBUTNER, NC 27509
12/28/202108:00 PMPicked Up by Shipping Partner, USPS Awaiting ItemFLORENCE, SC 29501

When I entered the tracking number on Pitney Bowes, this is what I got.

"No package with that tracking number found."

I typed "Newgistics tracking" on Microsoft's search engine, Bing. 

For my own reference, Pitney Bowes is closed today and tomorrow, but I will call them Monday to find out about Newgistics.