Trusted Contributor

Re: S&H is outrageous again!

The OP's argument is a bit silly.

QVC clearly indicates the charges for shipping.  QVC never claims the items will ship separately.  QVC does mot discount for multiple items.  All of this is clearn.

The OP made the deicisiont o purchase the items and is now mad because she did not take the time or effort to look into the this -- nor did she take the time or effort to look into other sources for the books.

Now, the OP is sending the books back and will be responsible for the original shipping costs plus the return shipping costs.  She feels as if she has stood on principle and is cancelling her orders; however, if she decides she wants air fryers, she will not find any with similar capacity at a lower price.

This will ot "tech" QVC a lessong or "show them" that they are wrong.  Instead, this is a expensive, self-taught lessong in misplaced righteous indignation.

Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

I totally agree with you ...it IS unfair!  However, don't forget two books weigh more than one.  It still should entitle us to a discount like we used to get.

If I really, really, really want two of an item?  I place separate orders.

I have also been with Q since CVN started.  I never heard of 'Charter Member' though.

Thus said...as a long time shopper, I am fully aware of the shipping policy and it is upon me to decide if I want to spend the money to ship each item or not.

I don't like it one bit...but it IS their policy.

When I first joined QVC, they sent me a plastic card (same size as a CC) with my name, account number, and it said, "Charter Member" on it.  I kept it for years but over time I somehow misplaced it.  Wish I still had it so I could snap a photo of it to show what I'm talking about.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KYToby wrote:

The OP's argument is a bit silly.

QVC clearly indicates the charges for shipping.  QVC never claims the items will ship separately.  QVC does mot discount for multiple items.  All of this is clearn.

The OP made the deicisiont o purchase the items and is now mad because she did not take the time or effort to look into the this -- nor did she take the time or effort to look into other sources for the books.

Now, the OP is sending the books back and will be responsible for the original shipping costs plus the return shipping costs.  She feels as if she has stood on principle and is cancelling her orders; however, if she decides she wants air fryers, she will not find any with similar capacity at a lower price.

This will ot "tech" QVC a lessong or "show them" that they are wrong.  Instead, this is a expensive, self-taught lessong in misplaced righteous indignation.

KYToby, what part of "it's the principle of it" that you don't understand?

I am a Amazon Prime member also so for now on I will continue to order as many items as I can from them where free S&H and 2-day delivery service is offered.

Honored Contributor

OP mentions being an Amazon Prime member (as am I).  As such, I would never order books from QVC when I can get the same books shipped for free from Amazon.  And often at a lower price

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

WHY would the OP, being a Prime member and knowing that QVC charges shipping, not check the price of the book on Amazon before purchasing at QVC? I never buy QVC-offered cookbooks from QVC unless they are flat only available from QVC.

If the OP insists on the air fryer being 5 quarts, others in the marketplace are more expensive than QVC's price.

So, "for the principle of the thing" the OP has wasted something like $25 on the cookbooks by the time they go back, as they were $5 each cheaper at Amazon with free shipping.

And any 5-qt air fryer she buys in the marketplace will run $15-25 more apiece than QVC's price. Oops.

There's principle, and there's cutting off one's nose to spite their face.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Mimix5Grandies wrote:

I am a Amazon Prime member also so for now on I will continue to order as many items as I can from them where free S&H and 2-day delivery service is offered.

Don't forget you pay $99 a year for Amazon Prime, so it's not exactly accurate to say "free S&H".

I have Amazon Prime and like it, but I don't think it's "free".

Honored Contributor

You were given the total of S&H when you placed/confirmed your order. Where was the "principle" then? I'm sure the Q will do fine w/out your business! Next time, check Amazon since you are a prime member!

Got your knickers in a twist at those who pointed out the obvious. I find that hilarious!

Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

WHY would the OP, being a Prime member and knowing that QVC charges shipping, not check the price of the book on Amazon before purchasing at QVC? I never buy QVC-offered cookbooks from QVC unless they are flat only available from QVC.

If the OP insists on the air fryer being 5 quarts, others in the marketplace are more expensive than QVC's price.

So, "for the principle of the thing" the OP has wasted something like $25 on the cookbooks by the time they go back, as they were $5 each cheaper at Amazon with free shipping.

And any 5-qt air fryer she buys in the marketplace will run $15-25 more apiece than QVC's price. Oops.

There's principle, and there's cutting off one's nose to spite their face.

Ummm, everyone knows, but apparently you don't, that Amazon always has a release date for their pre-ordered books later than the release date that QVC offers.  Meredith's air fryer cookbook still has an Amazon release date in December, the last time I checked.  Sure you pay more for one at QVC but that depends on just how badly you want one or if you need one for a gift and need it quicker than QVC's release date.

All of you so called "Armchair Authorities" need to realize that sometimes it doesn't matter what the cost or inconvenience is, complain enough about something and then maybe, just maybe, things might change!

By the way, remember when items used to cost "$3" or "$5" to ship......according to the customer service rep....."Shipping and Handling" has "gone up again", I take that to mean that there will be no more reasonable S&H charges.  Enjoy your shopping with QVC.

Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Mimix5Grandies wrote:

Don't forget you pay $99 a year for Amazon Prime, so it's not exactly accurate to say "free S&H".

I have Amazon Prime and like it, but I don't think it's "free".

I only paid "$79" for a year's membership, it was a promo.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mimix5Grandies

Fashion items and a lot of items are still $3.00 and $5.00 to ship.  I agree QVC's policy to charge for shipping both ways is a bit over the top.  I recently made some bad purchases and it has cost me dearly to return but I take responsibiity for it.  I still prefer not to keep the item if I dont like it because it wil hang in the closet so I take the loss.  However, whenever I can I order from amazon (depending on what I am ordering) and so many fashion sites that dont charge shipping and refund your total purchase,  Buyer must always beware.