Valued Contributor

Re: S/H on Poo Pourri is 25-30% of the price?

I can purchase Poo-Pourri at my local Bed, Bath, and Beyond with a 20% coupon and no shipping.  I realize not everyone is close to this store but the product is carried in many other establishments.  I can't recall the last purchase I made from the Q.  Most of their items are way overpriced for the quality and the shipping is out of sight.  I've taken my business elsewhere.          docsgirl

Honored Contributor

I have bought and used the drops in a bottle and they work fine.

I wanted to try Poo Pourri for the heck of it but didn't want to be wasteful money-wise and end up with a set I wouldn't use all of if I didn't like one of the scents.

I ended up buying a set on Amazon with free s&h instead of a set I might have bought from QVC, but on QVC the choices of fragrance were limited in the set and I didn't want any of their choices. On Amazon I got to have the scent of my choice as well as free shipping.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Tribesters wrote:

What happened to the $3 S/H on light items? I was looking at the Poo Pourri- one set cost $18 & the other was $22. S/H was $5.50 each. I also noticed the S/H on a nail polish set was $3. I think that would cost more to mail since it is heavier and nail polish is hazardous due to being flammable. Is it just beauty items that have the $3 S/H? I didn't order based solely on the shipping cost. I wonder how many people don't order just because of the shipping cost? I know it's a factor for me. I don't mind paying a reasonable price for shipping but in this case I think it's way too high for these items. Just my opinion....

You can purchase Poo Pourri at Bed Bath and Beyond if you have one locally.

Super Contributor

I also find it quite odd, that the Q will charge $3 shipping for Philosophy huge and heavy packaging...like the 64 oz bath gel, 32 oz bath gel and 2 creams - different sizes, but yes, on that Poo-Pourri they charge $5.50 to ship that and it is quite lightweight.  I bought one, but will not buy another.  It felt very unfair.  I only got it because I wanted to

sample the new fragrances.   Many times, if I find the same book the Q is selling, for more money and high shipping....I go to Amazon and find the same item, for less money and free shipping.  You don't have to have an Amazon Prime account...but you do have to spend $49 to get the free shipping...which I do.  Or, you can pay by the month for Prime ( which we do from Black Friday to Christmas for $10.99 ) and they ship it out so fast, and take care of any issues very nicely.

Valued Contributor

There are also MANY other websites that offer free shipping or shipping discounts if you purchase a certain amount.  I know I would buy a lot more from Q if the shipping were free.  Most of the time, it just doesn't make the product worth it.  

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

You know, I was going to order another of the sets, with the 4 oz and the (3) mini/travel ones, but decided against it due to the shipping. As others have said, other sites have it the same price and free shipping, and some have mentioned, you can get it in some big box stores with coupons (although I am not lucky enough to have any local stores to me that carries it.  We have seen and tried those drops, but the drops did not work for us).  

I agree, it is 1/4th the price of the product. I am now shopping less at the Q and more elsewhere due to the shipping charges. And to return..? Another shopping deterrent with the shipping fees, should something need to be returned.    

Honored Contributor

Before Xmas, I ordered from the Poo Pourri website because I wanted to order what I specifically wanted, not a put-together combo that wasn't of my choices. I got my sizes, my fragrance choice. There is s&h but you get a choice of USPS Priority or UPS depending on what you want to pay. I don't remember but shipping probably gets free over a certain amount. I do remember that I checked Amazon (my go-to) and the Poo-Pourri website wasn't appreciably more expensive.

You can buy Poo Pourri at BBB, Amazon, Jet, Wal-Mart & other places At BBB & Wal-Mart you can just walk in and take it home, no s&h.

BTW - once I ordered, I get 20%+ off offers from the company every week.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I noticed that HSN sells $10 bottles of OPI nail polish with free shipping. That's the way to do it! 

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

Other than adding .50, I don't think the shipping has changed.

I wouldn't give these as a gift or want them given to me.

I love mine, I keep one in myy suitcase so when I travel I can always "smell" good.Woman HappyHeart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Super Contributor

I wish my local Walmarts and the closest BB&B's to me carried Poo-pourri. The local Walmart to me carries some sort of drops that come in like a Visine-type bottle..those did not work for us..Poo-pourri does some kind of 'magic' that works for us. I have no idea why local places near me do not carry it. I have even asked (many times), and I get looked at like I have 3 heads.. Smiley Frustrated