Esteemed Contributor

Re: Reviews are censored

[ Edited ]

I have never experienced that and I have posted both negative and positive reviews.

One thing that does bother me, is that you will leave a review and a month or so later. QVC, will change the configuration. Perhaps it was a two set blanket and now they are offering a three set blanket. 

What you  have taken the time to write about disappears.

Here is another, if you order a TSV earlier then the presentation, and write a review. Those reviews should be transferred over to the product on the actual airing date. Instead, those reviews disappear as well.

Esteemed Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

The OP and those in agreement are incorrect.

QVC allows, and posts, plenty of negative reviews.  QVC has clear guidelines, though, on the review itself.  Tje guidelines are clearlu defined and available to everyone.  Any review, even a glowing, positive review whicj vop;ates tjese guidelines will not be posted. 

The solution?  Rewrote tje revoew cprrect;ly.

Before making such statements, accusing QVC of censorship and making claims of unethical practices, perhaps one should actually read the rules and follow them. 

I do not believe you are correct, KYT. I ordered a mattress with a white glove delivery that I wrote a nice review with one piece of info that would hurt their sales, and it was never published.

I kept the mattress although the delivery was a nightmare. Not only white glove, they drug my mattress up the driveway on the ground. They had no idea how to remove old mattress and install new mattress. The Q or whoever simply hired two men picked off the street who've never done this nor cared to do it. 

Don't be so quick to judge people. Sometimes people are right!

Honored Contributor

@bear509 wrote:

When a negative review is submitted it will not be posted unless QVC approves of the wording.  I am not speaking of foul. Language just a truthful review of a product and the poor quality of some products.  Don't believe the reviews because they are made to look favorable with censorship!

Spoiler

It's not censorship!  This is a private website and Q can do what it wants.

Freedom of speech and censorship apply to the government.  When the government tells you what you can and can't say, it's censorship and you lost freedom of speech.

Trusted Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@KYToby wrote:

The OP and those in agreement are incorrect.

QVC allows, and posts, plenty of negative reviews.  QVC has clear guidelines, though, on the review itself.  Tje guidelines are clearlu defined and available to everyone.  Any review, even a glowing, positive review whicj vop;ates tjese guidelines will not be posted. 

The solution?  Rewrote tje revoew cprrect;ly.

Before making such statements, accusing QVC of censorship and making claims of unethical practices, perhaps one should actually read the rules and follow them. 

I do not believe you are correct, KYT. I ordered a mattress with a white glove delivery that I wrote a nice review with one piece of info that would hurt their sales, and it was never published.

I kept the mattress although the delivery was a nightmare. Not only white glove, they drug my mattress up the driveway on the ground. They had no idea how to remove old mattress and install new mattress. The Q or whoever simply hired two men picked off the street who've never done this nor cared to do it. 

Don't be so quick to judge people. Sometimes people are right!

-------------------------------------------------

I'm guessing your review was rejected because of your comments about the delivery service. 

The review was for the mattress, not the delivery.   

The awful delivery, would be something to take up with customer service, not for a product review. Because you had a problem with delivery, wouldn't mean that people in other areas, would have a problem. 

A bad mattress, however, would be of interest to other customers considering it. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't write many reviews.....but the few that I have are there....

Respected Contributor

I think the censorship of reviews may be quite new. I've never had an issue before last year. I'm very respectful in my reviews positive or negative. One in particular was never published and I never received an email etc. stating why. I had received a used Judith Ripka watch that was on waitlist for about 2 months and it seems since I stated that in my review it was not allowed. 

~Live with Intention~
Respected Contributor

Well this is really not true.  Yes, it has to be within guidelines, which to me means civil, respectful and objective.  Here is an example of a negative review that i posted.  image.png

Respected Contributor

I have submitted several one star reviews and all were posted, but this was quite awhile ago. One review had to be edited because I used a brand name or something similar that the system didn't like, but the negative post was accepted. In one case there were so many the item was pulled from inventory. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Reviews are censored

[ Edited ]

Just because it didn't happen to everyone who posted a negative review doesn't mean it's not true... like I said this happened to me last year for the first time. I appreciate others sharing their experiences so we are all aware of things that are taking place here. No need IMO to say it isn't true just because it didn't happen to you. 

~Live with Intention~