Esteemed Contributor

Returns with the Q or How to Block fast one being pulled on you

[ Edited ]

Purchased some shoes, didn't like them.  I returned them on my dime the USPS, no problem.  The package was suppose to be delivered on Monday, no problem.  Looked up the tracking # and I saw that the package was received on Saturday, great.  Called to see what the status was, no information, problem.  Called back to get a live body who was pleasant and  processed my return then and there (I guess you have to call if you want things to move along).  The customer service rep told everything was processed and it should take 3-10 days for it to post back into my account, no problem.  I asked her to verify the amount returned, biggest problem in the world because the amount was 10.00 short.  I asked her why and she said the Q takes back 10.00 for the shipping, I told her  I didn't use the Q label.  She actually told that the Q could take money for shipping even if you don't use their label, even bigger problem because even I know that can't be true.  After I liken this action to stealing, she backpedaled and refunded my full amount.  I'm going to keep an eye on my CC.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Returns with the Q or How to Block fast one being pulled on you

@qbetzforreal, perhaps post this in the sub-heading 'Customer Care' ... hopefully one of the QVC moderators will assist you or direct your problem to the correct individual to handle this.

IHTH

Esteemed Contributor

@mzlg wrote:

@qbetzforreal, perhaps post this in the sub-heading 'Customer Care' ... hopefully one of the QVC moderators will assist you or direct your problem to the correct individual to handle this.

IHTH

@mzlg- I believe it has resolved.  Mainly, it is what the customer rep said.  Thanks Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@mzlg- I believe it has resolved.  Mainly, it is what the customer rep said.  Thanks Smiley Happy

@qbetzforreal, Great - thank you for letting me know.  Heart

Respected Contributor

Sounds as if someone may have misunderstood what they were hearing.

Honored Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

My thoughts, too.  I've never heard of the Q saying they could charge you return shipping, if you didn't use their prepaid label.

I do understand, if they were trying to say that the original shipping does not get refunded, but that's been the case since March of last year, so long enough for regular customers to be aware of it.

Esteemed Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

@sparklestar-not at all

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@sparklestar wrote:

My thoughts, too.  I've never heard of the Q saying they could charge you return shipping, if you didn't use their prepaid label.

I do understand, if they were trying to say that the original shipping does not get refunded, but that's been the case since March of last year, so long enough for regular customers to be aware of it.

nope

Honored Contributor

The responses show again how many people do not read what the op wrote or half-way read and think they understand and jump in with misinterpretations and solutions and comments that have nothing to do with what the op wrote!

And many times it seems they just enjoy seeing their own snap solutions and replies and cannot wait to jump in without understanding or wanting to understand.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

QVC does not charge for postage for returning a item if you do not use the,prepaid return label unless a mistake is made by the return dept.  only twice in my long history with them have they made a mistake like that.  I called customer service and the error was quickly corrected.  Since Feb of last year the policy has changed on the outgoing shipping charge and now you no longer are credited for the postage QVC charged you to send the item to you.  So your refund will always be less than the original cost.  If the item is returned because of a defect then they will return your outgoing shipping.