Frequent Contributor

Re: Rant on Hosts Sizing or Lack Thereof!

I believe that a host can at least tell us the size that the models are wearing!

This afternoon I watched Kristin (Kirsten?) do an entire D&C without mentioning size once. She is a very slender gal and probably has never had to consider size, but I would have thought Gary would know enough to mention how the sizing is.  I'vebeen watching these channels for too long, but in the beginning, and even last year, there was a concentrated effort to include sizing.

Because sizing is not consistent nor uniform anymore, at least seeing what size the models are wearing could be helpful.  Checking the QVC size or the "Click Here" size isn't always accurate.  

I think it used to be part of the host's training, to provide accurate information regarding a product/garment they want us to spend our $$$$$ on.

Esteemed Contributor

Many times they do NOT tell the inseam, particularly if it just comes in Regular. This is to make more sales and so the Petites and Talls will still possibly buy! They will go through all the colors and sales talk and at the end, slightly mention it just comes 30" inch inseam, Regular. 

This really hurts the consumer, as they pay $3.50 S&H, and $6.95 to return. They make money on returns, and I don't know why they send letters sometimes.

The host is supposed to be our hands and eyes, and do a job that makes it easy for the customer to make a good purchase. Otherwise, they should call it a "mystery" purchase.

Hosts spend time on where we should wear our purchases. I don't need that! When a host tells me to check our computer for size, etc., I just say good-bye! If I'm watching tv, I'm probably doing some surfing. I'm not using my computer, and I'm not going to do their job. I'm tv shopping, not online shopping!

Respected Contributor

@Waterwoman   You can always rely on Kerstin never to mention sizing/or size models wearing but she will always tell you her size!

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

Many times they do NOT tell the inseam, particularly if it just comes in Regular. This is to make more sales and so the Petites and Talls will still possibly buy! They will go through all the colors and sales talk and at the end, slightly mention it just comes 30" inch inseam, Regular. 

This really hurts the consumer, as they pay $3.50 S&H, and $6.95 to return. They make money on returns, and I don't know why they send letters sometimes.

The host is supposed to be our hands and eyes, and do a job that makes it easy for the customer to make a good purchase. Otherwise, they should call it a "mystery" purchase.

Hosts spend time on where we should wear our purchases. I don't need that! When a host tells me to check our computer for size, etc., I just say good-bye! If I'm watching tv, I'm probably doing some surfing. I'm not using my computer, and I'm not going to do their job. I'm tv shopping, not online shopping!

@febe1 

ITA ....WELL SAID! 👍

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@febe1 

ITA ....WELL SAID! 👍

Thank you, Spurt. ...nice of you to say.   

Honored Contributor

When I think of Tom Selleck, I envision that special smile and twinkle in his eyes. Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

I agree - fine with the cute talk but FIRST

1) Go over sizing and mesaurements and then colors

2) Show on various sized models!

While QVC is somewhat entertaining I watch in case I want to buy!  I need the info!