Honored Contributor

Re: Rant on Hosts Sizing or Lack Thereof!

[ Edited ]

@Waterwoman 

You have a valid point....Others have said that you can go to the website and check the CLICK HERE measurements....HOWEVER, the problem is that the CLICK here measurements arent always there for all items!!!!  AND I have several purchases where I relied on the measurements and they were WAY OFF---and the generic measurements arent accurate on individual garments since sizing is inconsistent amongst brands and even within a brand! 

Also why should customers have to get out an electronic device and look up information when its being presented ON-AIR, doesnt that defeat the purpose of having a TV SHOPPING CHANNEL in the first place!!! It's the hosts and vendors job to give the viewer all the product info so the viewer can make the decision as to whether to buy the product (QVC's return fees are too expensive to take a chance)!!!  I hate to be a party pooper and bust the hosts fun, but product information is MORE IMPORTANT than a discussion of fantasy vacation trips and swim-up bars and pizza restaurants etc etc...🙄....I understand that shows need to have a bit of personality and not just give cold facts, but it should NOT be at the expense of important product details ---THAT COMES FIRST! 

And if this is a new item being presented there will also be no reviews on the item! 

I'm tired of some of the hosts making the shows all about themselves and leave the customers to search for information on their own about the products....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@skatting44 wrote:

There have been a few times where the vendors will suggest  if you are  say a 42 chest they will suggest going up a size when the fabric is not stretchy. Kim Gravel always says she wears a large in her line . She does model her pieces  when she's on.

I'ved learned that I should look at the garment sizes for measurements, but there are times that I have been between sizes .

@skatting44   I caught a host saying the the Life Is Good tees need to go up a size...I usually do that with any cotton tops are washed/dried in the dryer. 

Thats interesting Ive purchased quite of few Life Is Good t-shirts from their website (get emails with coupon codes)....and I find that I have to size down with the brand....my usual size was a bit too big....I never had a problem with their t-shirts shrinking --- I wash them in cold and dry them in the dryer....

I like the way Life is Good explains the various type of fits offered by each t-shirt along with ACCURATE sizing charts on the LIG website its a shame QVC cant do the same!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I think Kim Gravel has one of the most consistently sized lines on QVC.  I'm talking about the tops, I seem to buy these like potato chips.  

Super Contributor

I noticed the other day on hsn they give the models measurements.   I wish the Q would do this.    Saying someone is a large and you may look like there size is impossible to judge!     But if I know there measurements, then I can compare!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Many times the items online say, "Fits true to size", huh? Rarely does that happen. I think when they say that items need to size down or up or true to size and it's bs, we shouldn't have to pay the label amount to return it. Misinformation given by hosts or descriptions may be an attempt to sell the item, but costs me a lot when we trust their "facts". 

For example, I've worn NYDJ for many years. Their newer Cool Embrace fabric does not fit me the same as their usual denim fabric. I sized down as usual and couldn't get them up around my butt....I had to pay $3.50 to return and lost the $3.50 to get them. To me $7 to try on pants is a waste of money. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The multiple hosts, vendors on Zoom and then chit chit with the next host coming on hawking what'll be on her show? Way too much going on!!! Maybe they should open the show with 5-10 minutes of chit chat and then get down to business. 

This entertainment instead of selling and providing info became much worse during Covid. They figured since we were home more, we needed the hosts to be our entertainment and they were considered talk show hosts instead of there to sell. Uh, we're getting out more now. Just give the facts. Other channels provide my entertainment. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Get ready to "kill" me, but last night Shawn had on a black jumpsuit and said she's wearing a small. Not only has she put on a few pounds (like some of us over the year), but she's admitted to having a double D bust during Breezies hows. IMHO, that alone would put her in a larger size. 

Whether or not TV adds a few extra pounds is irrelevant. I'm so tired of hosts misleading us into  purchasing the wrong size based on what they're wearing. Suck it up and say "size medium". It's not a punishable sin to be a size other than a small. I'm petite and 32 B and need a size medium in tops so it fits properly across my shoulders.... Not embarrassed at all to say that.

Valued Contributor

Noticed they say the model is in a large, for instance, but the top/sweater has a 6 inch gap in the front where it should meet. That's misleading, yes they're wearing a large, but it's ill-fitting. Kudos to Mary Beth & Jayne B, who often give advice on sizing.
Lol, if a host is a small, gosh, I'm somewhere south of toddler sizing.
Regular Contributor

Al least on the QVC side, all hosts are "XXS"  (sarcasm)  and then the very obviously plus size models are "XL"  it's very confusing and then you add in the sizing charts and it's a real crapshoot whether you'll accurately predict your size or not.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@rms1954   I happen to consider Tom Selleck very essential. 

Really? he's a really old dude. compare him to when he was young. And he really needs to get his dentures adjusted; he spits every time he speaks.