Frequent Contributor

Re: Rant on Hosts Sizing or Lack Thereof!

I always read the reviews!  I always check the sizing on the item I'm interested in,

Thanks for your perspective.

On a side note, was Courtney injured in some way?  I didn't see her leave her chair (could have missed it though) during the show.  

Esteemed Contributor

Most of the time the measurements  or dimensions of a product are  omitted. The Hosts cut off the vendors when they speak .  QVC is  more into promoting a " Social  event " on their shopping channel .  I read that on spmething else someone  posted abt the corporate QVC . Also one of the Hosts, I think it was Mary recently  was talking and  basically said she wanted it to be fun social shopping event before she began talking abt some items for sale .

Super Contributor

What's not to love about TS....and he's a horse guy🥰

Esteemed Contributor

I missed the TS thing..........that show starts out okay but soon develops in to a frenzy of 3 sets of vocal cords & the (like) zoom of Kim's face back  & forth...not to mention clothes flying with combinations of how to wear black & white together.

20 mins of zoom and split screens = too much action.

Esteemed Contributor

I have to agree though, many times it can be frustrating when size is not mentioned at all.

I like when they ask the models what size they are in and if they find the item true to size.

It is helpful as I have heard many times they said they went up or down a size.   This is important information.   I don't mind the chatter but it can get out of hand at times, IMO.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@rms1954   I happen to consider Tom Selleck very essential. 

@Kachina624   To me, too. LOL

Honored Contributor

The NYDJ is only garment, to me, which is perfectly explained. Why you should size down and size charts with  measurements for just their jeans. They do fit if you size down as the vendor suggests and explains. 

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

There have been a few times where the vendors will suggest  if you are  say a 42 chest they will suggest going up a size when the fabric is not stretchy. Kim Gravel always says she wears a large in her line . She does model her pieces  when she's on.

I'ved learned that I should look at the garment sizes for measurements, but there are times that I have been between sizes .

@skatting44   I caught a host saying the the Life Is Good tees need to go up a size...I usually do that with any cotton tops are washed/dried in the dryer. 

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

I have to agree though, many times it can be frustrating when size is not mentioned at all.

I like when they ask the models what size they are in and if they find the item true to size.

It is helpful as I have heard many times they said they went up or down a size.   This is important information.   I don't mind the chatter but it can get out of hand at times, IMO.

@LindaSal   I can't go on a model's opinion since most of the time they've been stuffed into the garment like a sausage. 

The hosts also are often wearing the wrong sizes....And can all the hosts be an XXXS?

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I'm of the opinion that the hosts should be able to cover both sizing  AND  Tom Selleck.   

Perhaps those that can't need more training.

A11E4801-829A-44F8-A751-928B2686FDCD.jpeg