Frequent Contributor

Rant on Hosts Sizing or Lack Thereof!

I watched the Kim Gravel show & don't understand why the host and/or the vendor can't .discuss sizing before going into colors or personal visits to vacation spots.

The graphic showed a size on the double pack of t-shirts as a Medium being up to a 42 bust.  Kim said she wears a large in her items.  There seems to non consistent sizing in her line -

Wish there was someone to complain to about hosts not doing their job by discussing something as important as sizing on various gals, rather than a trip to Malibu.

I'm not buying if there is no size discussion...period .  Surely, I'm not the only one this irritates?

This is not the only line and or host that fails in this important category

Honored Contributor

Re: Rant on Hosts Sizing or Lack Thereof!

@Waterwoman   If you're waiting for a host to tell you a garment runs large or small, it's not going to happen.  That's why they give measurements and let you decide which size to buy.  Running large or small is often a matter of opinion.  Read reviews?  You'll often find one person will say it runs large while the next person will say it runs small.  Many seem to have no real idea what size they wear. 

Hosts don't want to run the risk of angering customers who don't agree with their opinions. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Too busy chatting about Tom Selleck and other non-essential info.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954   I happen to consider Tom Selleck very essential. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@rms1954   I happen to consider Tom Selleck very essential. 

So do I! I can't believe Courtney has never seen Friends and didn't know who he is. Her generation loves Friends.

But I do wish she had let Kim finish her thoughts more. I understand the vendors can't be in the studio yet, but when they are Kim and Amy G. can do the show by themselves. They did this before quarantine and I always looked forward to that Saturday night show!  

I also wish Courtney had let us have our Tom Selleck moment!   Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

There have been a few times where the vendors will suggest  if you are  say a 42 chest they will suggest going up a size when the fabric is not stretchy. Kim Gravel always says she wears a large in her line . She does model her pieces  when she's on.

I'ved learned that I should look at the garment sizes for measurements, but there are times that I have been between sizes .

Honored Contributor

I'm of the opinion that the hosts should be able to cover both sizing  AND  Tom Selleck.   

Perhaps those that can't need more training.

Trusted Contributor

@Waterwoman wrote:

I watched the Kim Gravel show & don't understand why the host and/or the vendor can't .discuss sizing before going into colors or personal visits to vacation spots.

The graphic showed a size on the double pack of t-shirts as a Medium being up to a 42 bust.  Kim said she wears a large in her items.  There seems to non consistent sizing in her line -

Wish there was someone to complain to about hosts not doing their job by discussing something as important as sizing on various gals, rather than a trip to Malibu.

I'm not buying if there is no size discussion...period .  Surely, I'm not the only one this irritates?

This is not the only line and or host that fails in this important category

If I see something I like, I run into my office and look up the garment measurements on the computer. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I get a little confused because sometimes there is a size chart and I do not know if they mean body size or garment size.  Mostly I shop online and check the garment size chart.  And I do not need to hear a word about other stuff.

Frequent Contributor

I  definitely always go to the sizing on the particular piece, and check not only QVC sizing but the "Click here" sizing. Many of the hosts are very good at talking about sizing - I don't want them giving measurements, but a shout-out that something might need sizing up or is stretchy or ha.ving models that wear assorted sizes and comment. 

Perhaps I was just irritated at that particular show - "selling the product" is the point, not including sizing information is criical.  

Maybe I've been watching QVC hosts come and go too long (30+ years).