Esteemed Contributor

Re: Qurate Results 4th Quarter/Full Year

As for letting hosts go, I believe in the old adage "fish rots from the head down." The CEO needs to find a new job!

Esteemed Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

As for letting hosts go, I believe in the old adage "fish rots from the head down." The CEO needs to find a new job!

100% Agreed! One blunder after another. 

Valued Contributor

Maybe they should actually listen to the complaints on the forums and not poof them !

Respected Contributor

Any retail company the size of Qurate is going to have issues competing against A****n, especially the shipping side of the business. IMO shipping is where Qurate falls short big time especially at Q. I rarely watch live shows, mostly get the information I want from watching a product video.
Respected Contributor

It's the "in processing" and the slow delivery and very slow refunds. When I return something to the big A thru Kohls as soon as it's scanned and on its way I get the refund in a day. And it's free returns.   It's a good 2 weeks before the refunds start from here and maybe a couple days to receive it on my account. My last 3refunds I had to contact the social team and they solve it very fast. That's the one dept  that really gets the job done !

Honored Contributor

The conversation about who is making these layoff decisions led to looking up some of Qurate's top executives.  Their brief bios are here, and there's more on th website.  

David Rawlinson II

David Rawlinson II

President and Chief Executive Officer, Qurate Retail, Inc.
David Rawlinson II became President and CEO of Qurate Retail, Inc., on October 1, 2021. In this position, David leads a select group of seven leading retail brands – QVC®, HSN®, Zulily®, Ballard Designs®, Frontgate®, Garnet Hill® and Grandin Road® – which together form Qurate Retail GroupSM.

David has an MBA from Harvard Business School and a JD from the University of South Carolina School of Law and is a graduate of The Citadel.

Mike Fitzharris, President, QVC US

Mike Fitzharris

President, QVC US
Mike Fitzharris was named President, QVC® US, in March 2022. In this role, Mike is responsible for driving growth, innovation and team member engagement at this leading video commerce (“vCommerce”) brand. QVC empowers shoppers with knowledge and shares insights in a lively and engaging way. 

Mike earned his bachelor’s degree in accountancy with honors from the University of Northumbria.

Rob Muller

Rob Muller

President, HSN
Rob Muller was named President of HSN® in March 2022. In this role, Rob is responsible for driving growth, innovation and team member engagement for this leading video commerce (“vCommerce”) brand. 

Rob earned his bachelor’s degree in economics from The College of New Jersey.

Photo of woman in studio environment

Linda Aiello

Chief People Officer
Linda Aiello was named Chief People Office (“CPO”), Qurate Retail GroupSM in October 2022. As CPO, Linda oversees the full team member-related portfolio, including Team Member Experience and Talent Management; Diversity, Equity and Inclusion; People and Organization; and other functions.

Linda earned her bachelor’s degree from the University of Arizona and engaged in advanced studies at NYU Stern School of Business and Cornell University.
Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

The conversation about who is making these layoff decisions led to looking up some of Qurate's top executives.  Their brief bios are here, and there's more on th website.  

David Rawlinson II

David Rawlinson II

David Rawlinson II became President and CEO of Qurate Retail, Inc., on October 1, 2021. In this position, David leads a select group of seven leading retail brands – QVC®, HSN®, Zulily®, Ballard Designs®, Frontgate®, Garnet Hill® and Grandin Road® – which together form Qurate Retail GroupSM.

David has an MBA from Harvard Business School and a JD from the University of South Carolina School of Law and is a graduate of The Citadel.

Mike Fitzharris

President, QVC US
Mike Fitzharris was named President, QVC® US, in March 2022. In this role, Mike is responsible for driving growth, innovation and team member engagement at this leading video commerce (“vCommerce”) brand. QVC empowers shoppers with knowledge and shares insights in a lively and engaging way. 

Mike earned his bachelor’s degree in accountancy with honors from the University of Northumbria.

Rob Muller

Rob Muller

President, HSN
Rob Muller was named President of HSN® in March 2022. In this role, Rob is responsible for driving growth, innovation and team member engagement for this leading video commerce (“vCommerce”) brand. 

Linda Aiello

Chief People Officer
Linda Aiello was named Chief People Office (“CPO”), Qurate Retail GroupSM in October 2022. As CPO, Linda oversees the full team member-related portfolio, including Team Member Experience and Talent Management; Diversity, Equity and Inclusion; People and Organization; and other functions.

Linda earned her bachelor’s degree from the University of Arizona and engaged in advanced studies at NYU Stern School of Business and Cornell University.

excluding Rob Muller who runs HSN, the three of them have about 3 years experience COMBINED running QVC!!

Respected Contributor

In its new 10-K filing with the SEC Qurate states that as part of its turnaround plan (Project Athens), it will soon implement a loyalty program for QxH customers. 

This has been suggested frequently here, so I continue to believe that management reads and surveys the forums for customer suggestions, ideas and comments. 

Respected Contributor

No surprise Qurate is doing poorly. Have been for some time.

I think they spelled the reasons why, wrong in their report though. Let me correct their spelling for them--

Annoying hosts and their immature antics.  High prices for poor quality goods.  Shipping and return problems that have gone unfixed for years. IT problems. Not listening to their customers. 

There. I fixed their spelling.

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

David Rawlinson II

David Rawlinson II

Mike Fitzharris

President, QVC US

Rob Muller

Rob Muller

President, HSN

Linda Aiello

Chief People Officer

excluding Rob Muller who runs HSN, the three of them have about 3 years experience COMBINED running QVC!!

And they ran it in the ground!