Valued Contributor

Question re: Luminara claim on LR chat

Tonight, LR had Luminara candles displayed during her chat. One had gone out and it was pointed out to LR. She went on to explain that the company has gotten so huge and having to fill so many large orders, they started to use a lesser quality timer. She has been having trouble with hers and hinted that she would be brining a better quality brand.

Is anyone else having trouble with their timers on their Luminaras?

While I'm on the topic of her chat, she is also claiming that ALL high end jewelry companies use rhodium over sterling silver to give it an "absolutely, absolutely" richer look. Is this true? I am "absolutely, absolutely" wondering. TIA.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Question re: Luminara claim on LR chat

She's trashing another company to promote hers.....classy move LR........

Trusted Contributor

She's a legend in her own mind!

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Valued Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

She's trashing another company to promote hers.....classy move LR........

I was a bit surprised myself. She kinda threw them under the bus!

Esteemed Contributor

@cancun08 wrote:

She's a legend in her own mind!

She's OUT of her own mind! She, and her little business, needs to go away...

Esteemed Contributor

Wonder if she checked with every single high end jewelry company to ask if they ALL use rhodium with their sterling silver jewelry.....seems she knows everything about everything...is it obvious that i've never been a fan...

Esteemed Contributor

I have a lot of the Luminara candles and have had no problems.  It is a sales tactic.  I would put money on it.  I went over to look at her page to see what she ws wearing.   Tell me a woman that has been stalked dresses like that?  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry but I just looked too and why does she act so cutsie and silly? And the ipad thing, what's that all about? 

I will say one thing, one of those trees she stood near in the Netherlands was the most gorgeously decorated tree I've ever seen.  Next trip up to the Christmas Place in Pigeon Forge, think I'll buy a ton of whatever those are and try in one of my trees. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Super Contributor

She looks very odd tonight.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sheilaray wrote:

Tonight, LR had Luminara candles displayed during her chat. One had gone out and it was pointed out to LR. She went on to explain that the company has gotten so huge and having to fill so many large orders, they started to use a lesser quality timer. She has been having trouble with hers and hinted that she would be brining a better quality brand.

Is anyone else having trouble with their timers on their Luminaras?

While I'm on the topic of her chat, she is also claiming that ALL high end jewelry companies use rhodium over sterling silver to give it an "absolutely, absolutely" richer look. Is this true? I am "absolutely, absolutely" wondering. TIA.

@Sheilaray- they started using rhodium after Paloma Picasso issued her pieces.  Everyone doesn't use rhodium but it is widely used.  It prevents tarnishing, scratching and gives Sterling a more icy look, like platinum.  It is plating so it can wear off depending on the thickness of the rhodium plating.  Sizing is difficult because the plating often cracks during the sizing so the jeweler must replace it and it can be costly.