Valued Contributor

Question about return

[ Edited ]

I bought a fragrance in mid-December (I know, when will I learn not to buy fragrance off TV when I haven't smelled it...) and I used the pre-paid return label and put it in the mail around mid-Jaunary.  Since I bought it during the holiday season, it qualified for holiday return.  

I was browsing my order history and noticed that this item still does not say 'returned', so I used the 'track my return' feature and the detail shows that it was not even scanned for the first time (in a neighboring city from where I mailed it) until February 1!!! And it is still in transit.

Do you think they will refuse the return since it had to be returned by 1/31?

I thought 2 weeks was plenty of time and it should have been.  I sent back two other holiday return items using the pre paid labels on 1/23 (at least a week after I put the fragrance in the mail) and both posted on 1/30 as reeived and my $ refunded.  I have sent back many items using the prepaid labels over the years and have never had it take anywhere near this long.  I sure hope they don't refuse my return because it was $90.  

Honored Contributor

I learned my lesson I never just put things in the mail, I make sure I take it to the Post Office or I leave it for my postman

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

Just call customer service and explain what happened.  They often give you extra time if there are unusual circumstances.

Respected Contributor

If you used the prepaid label they provide, I  believe the package goes to some type of mail distribution center to be returned to QVC.  One time I asked at the post office where the package goes and the person did not know.  I know it takes much longer to return a package using their prepaid label..  

QVC Customer Care

@Tantallum

Please email me at QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com with the order number for the return and I will ensure you are refunded promptly.

Beth 

Customer Care

Valued Contributor

@Beth-QVC thank you!  I will do that right now

Trusted Contributor

I wondered about that myself. I took two items (in one box) to the post office 01/25 and it wasn't even picked up by QVCs shipper until 02/01

Trusted Contributor

tantallum,  I'm happy to see that the Q saw your post and is assisting you with your delemia.

Perhaps, for future reference:  I never drop off any return, I take it inside to the clerk.  When I return any item, whether I use the S/H label provided or pay for my own return, I get a receipt for the item being returned w/ the USPS  - it will have a tracking number on it so you can find out where it is.  I also e-mail the Q that I am returning the item and give them the tracking number provided on my receipt.  I try to cover all the bases when it comes to a return.  

Esteemed Contributor

It is always best to have the PO scan the return....you can usually see where it is. I even got an email from QVC saying they were informed my return was on the way.

Honored Contributor

I think I read here that those packages w/ the Q return label are gathered together and returned at one time. I always make my own label ane always insure.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.