Honored Contributor

I miss Koos, Victor Costa. I agree QVC has changed a lot and not for the better IMO in the past 10 years but then there is a lot more competition. 25/30 years ago when QVC, HSN started, they were the only game in town. Now every store has a website, we have Amazon and there's just a lot more to choose from. Which makes me wonder why people continue to buy so much from QVC which rarely offers free shipping or sale prices or any other incentive. I checked my "wish list" and I have 10 items there and they have been there a long time. I have definitely moved on from buying from QVC.

Regular Contributor

I miss the old Q also! Now days I watch it just a very minute fraction of time compared to what I used to. I'm not going to waste my precious time watching and listening to what I consider just plain rudeness from hosts and vendors alike, when we very diligently teach our children from the time they're big enough to walk NOT to do that. Manners don't cost one single penny, and I'm not going to listen to a grown adult boast about their college education one minute, and then rudely interrupt and/or bully the other person they're working with the next minute.

Contributor
On 2/7/2014 happy housewife said:
On 2/4/2014 sashamatthews said: I miss the time when we were NOT striving to fit in on Madison Avenue - do you know what I mean? We wanted a nice jacket, or a lovely piece of Diamonique, or a handcrafted Fenton vase or Nesco cooker. We enjoyed this new world of television shopping with hosts who were learning the ropes along with us. Today it's all hard sell - there doesn't seem any room for common humanity. I miss those days.
I completely agree with you. i never had a piece of designer clothing in my life except my wedding dress , but now QVC thinks that these so called designers (most of whom we have never heard of before QVC) are all they have. I don't need or want to pay for someones name on a label. I want nice things that are decent quality at a reasonable price. I really miss the old days when they would offer items liek the nesco roasters - things we didn't see at our local stores. I bought a T fal deep fryer about 25 years ago and we still have it and use it all the time. Itseems the stuff they offer now is pretty much the same as Walmart level junk.

I thought I was the only one who never owned a designer anything! I have no desire to pay high prices to wear someones name. QVC used to offer real deals and items that were hard to find elsewhere. Now you see the same things over and over and everywhere. But I guess it's hard to reinvent the pressure cooker, vacuum and everything else. So instead they come up with new colors of the same old things.

Trusted Contributor

On Friday nights there was a show that Kathy Levine hosted often called ""The Finishing Touch"". I loved that show! Remember the ""scarf clips""?? You would slide your scarf into both ends. I purchased them from that program and still use them today. Got them in gold and silver. Those were the days!

Super Contributor

I miss the old QVC. It was fun to watch. Now. not so much. I remember Bob Bowersox shortly before he left trying to sell an over priced popcorn popper. I loved the old jewelry shows. It was nice jewelry then and affordable. I miss those days with Kathy and Steve, Judy Crowell and Paul. They knew their product and gave excellent descriptions of what they were trying to sell!{#emotions_dlg.huh}

A house is not a home without a cat!
Frequent Contributor
I loved it when they really used to have quality, value and convenience.
Respected Contributor

To be honest, when I first saw the title of this thread I was reminded of someone tossing handbags on some shows. Can't even remember who it was.

Super Contributor

I started watching QVC in the early 90s I think. Kathy and Jeff were still on and she often followed his shows and he was always joking about her age or something about her. I remember the contests and prizes. Everything was more relaxed and fun back then. I miss the old hosts too. Judy Crowell, Mike Rowe (who used to work the graveyard shifts). Molly Daly, she was another late night staple. Does anyone remember the Nesco lady? She was on for years and always cooked such great recipes. Those were the days......

Esteemed Contributor
On 2/20/2014 Hibi said:

I started watching QVC in the early 90s I think. Kathy and Jeff were still on and she often followed his shows and he was always joking about her age or something about her. I remember the contests and prizes. Everything was more relaxed and fun back then. I miss the old hosts too. Judy Crowell, Mike Rowe (who used to work the graveyard shifts). Molly Daly, she was another late night staple. Does anyone remember the Nesco lady? She was on for years and always cooked such great recipes. Those were the days......

I remember those days - bought a Nesco roaster and still use it to this day!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

LOL. They DO last!