Super Contributor

I bought my first desktop computer from QVC when I lived in San Diego. Probably right around 1988.

It was a pre-pentium 10Mhz processor, no graphics card, and a monochrome monitor. It had a 5 and a quarter, and a 3 and a quarter inch floppy drives.

I don't think it did much.

It ran DOS like a champ!

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Contributor

I loved watching the hosts -- Kathy Levine, Steve Bryant, Judy Crowell.... I still love to watch Mary Beth and Jane ... they are familiar faces. Boy ... the gold and diamonique I used to buy... wish I had bought a ton more at those prices! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Frequent Contributor

At work we were told: ""Don't copy the floppy!""

Respected Contributor

I miss the old QVC. I don't even watch anymore. Too much has changed, and not for the better to me.

Super Contributor

I miss the all day craft shows. I used to love Gallery Glass and the demos they did with that.

Contributor

I miss Murphy. Dan Hughes' Golden Retriever that had a lot more personality than Dan himself. I used to tune in to the morning show just to see Murphy helping out by, for instance, holding the remote control to the dvd player being sold.

One time I guess Dan stayed late because another host was in the QVC "backyard" in the afternoon presenting something outdoorsy, when all of a sudden there was Murphy...running around in the background having the time of his life. Lol.

I hope Murphy is still in the world and doing well.

Super Contributor
Sadly, Murphy passed on several years ago.
Trusted Contributor
On 1/26/2014 banjo said:

I miss the all day craft shows. I used to love Gallery Glass and the demos they did with that.

I do too. In fact yesterday I was channel surfing and ran across Suzanne Runyan on HSN. She looked great, and it made me think about all the craft shows that used to be on the Q.

Member Since 11/20/2008
Trusted Contributor

I know there have been a ton of these threads, BUT I miss Kathy Levine and all the gold I bought, especially the really big pieces that were stolen in a break-in at my house. I loved Steve Bryant second.

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Occasional Contributor

I remember a contest with a spinning wheel, something to do with a lucky Caller...Could win I believe up to 100 dollars in Q credit..