Trusted Contributor

QVC in desperate need of LR for sales boost

QVC numbers continue to look dismal as its down so much from 3 to 4 yrars ago. The only person that could do it is LR she has great power but i doubt she would ever return. They would have to offer her a percentage of QVC to come back as her business is killing it. They should pay her 5 to 10 million a year to return.
QVC Customer Care

Re: QVC in desperate need of LR for sales boost

Honored Contributor

Is it April Fool's Day?

QVC has a number of problems but not due to LR.

QVC Customer Care

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

QVC numbers continue to look dismal as its down so much from 3 to 4 yrars ago. The only person that could do it is LR she has great power but i doubt she would ever return. They would have to offer her a percentage of QVC to come back as her business is killing it. They should pay her 5 to 10 million a year to return.

I would love to know the stats of sales based on who's selling.

I would be embarrassed to admit that I bought something because a particular host sold it, rather than buying because I wanted or needed something.

How naive or immature would that be?1

I'm REALLY LOOKING FORWARD to school starting again for "buyers" who are worrying about who's selling them what, or how long something will be in style/fashionable/out of style because I'm so "worried" (?) about being cursed with a nonstylish garment. REALLY?

QVC Customer Care

Valued Contributor

While I would love to see LR return, I have to think the reason their sales are so down is the junk they sell and the repetition of vacuum cleaners, computers, blenders, expensive hair apparatus, etc.  QVC's audience is missing not only LR, but more interesting and affordable glamerous products (like Nolan Miller(ish) jewelry, affordable sterling silver, Tiffany lighting, Geroge Simonton, collectibles, etc.  The vendors they keep parading on air don't seem to relate to us, the consumers, with the one exception being our dear friend Bob Mackie.  QVC spends too much time on each product presentation, is not bringing in nearly enough new any more, and I personally can't stand a lot of the vendors.  Too hard sell and uppity. 

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Certainly, great salespeople can improve profits. However, lackluster products, endlessly repetitive presentations, and totally uncreative programming have more to do with profits than any single host. Yes, Lisa was terrific. So was Kathy Levine. Nevertheless, QVC has lost direction and has decided that short term gain is more important than long term profits.