Esteemed Contributor

QVC and Zulily shopping apps

With people shifting how they shop from bricks and mortar to the internet and mobile in particular, there's an interesting article on the Retail Dive website about why companies need to have a fast loading mobile app that works well. Both QVC and Zulily's apps get a mention in this article with QVC's app loading fast and Zulily's app loading like a slug. I guess a well designed mobile app is a must in retailing and woe to companies who don't keep up.

http://www.retaildive.com/news/10-items-or-less-how-sluggish-mobile-apps-are-killing-retailers-in-a-...

10 Items or Less: How sluggish mobile apps are killing retailers in a matter of seconds

I know I have no patience with apps that don't work or take too long to load or play. I seldom look at Zulily via their ipad app as it's clunky and the search is hard to find. I dumped the Canadian shopping channel's app because it doesn't work at all.

I dumped the youtube app on my regular ipad 2 as the newest version is buggy. I wish I hadn't updated it so I deleted it into the app graveyard because it's easier to watch a youtube video on the safari browser instead.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC and Zulily shopping apps

@TY, while I go to QVC.com for the forums, I find the QVC app is much more nimble. It's easier to search and shop from the app as well. I know exactly where to look for things on the app whereas the .com site seems to make me jump thru hoops for some routine things.
Honored Contributor

I never use the apps for either. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:
@TY, while I go to QVC.com for the forums, I find the QVC app is much more nimble. It's easier to search and shop from the app as well. I know exactly where to look for things on the app whereas the .com site seems to make me jump thru hoops for some routine things.

I agree @x Hedge.  The QVC app is quicker, and seems to have a smarter search function built into the app. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper

@Kachina624

@x Hedge

I find that the ipad QVC app generally has a good resolution for the video feeds, it's usually better than the feed through the safari browser on the ipad.

I only have the Zulily ipad app because I do not want to use a web browser to look at Zulily as I don't want to sign up in order to view their website.