Honored Contributor

QVC & HSN Looking for Brick & Mortar Store Space in NYC

Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC & HSN Looking for Brick & Mortar Store Space in NYC

I think it's  great but too far from where I live: (

Well on second thought maybe that's  a good thing lol

Frequent Contributor

NO ONE ever looks into the Midwest!  It's like the middle of the country doesn't exist.  

Esteemed Contributor

May be one of the last remaining ways to try to attract new customers.

Honored Contributor

I'm not clicking on the link but QVC had a store in the Mall of America and it closed.  How is this different?

Honored Contributor

I don't know why either one would want to do this.  There are too many shopping options in the NYC area inclulding outlet malls.  I don't see how they could compete on price and quality.

Honored Contributor

@LipstickdivaThe only significant difference I can think of is that NYC has a huge population as well as many, many tourists who are there to see all kinds of things and they do shop.  For example, if you go to the theater on a Wednesday afternoon, well over 75% of the audience will be women -  and it's women who shop QVC and HSN much more than men.  I have lots of friends who head for the theater, but also add another adventure into the day while they are there.

At Mall of America, you get pretty much just those intent on shopping. No?  I doubt I'd ever go out of my way to check out anything at that mall unless I were already there doing something else.  I don't even go to the big malls near me all that often.

Honored Contributor

Well, as someone pointed out QVC was in the Mall of America.  Can't get any more midwest than that.

Respected Contributor

I was at the Q's Mall of America store and it was a total disappointment.  They had a corner store if you even wanted to call it a store.  They had maybe up to 40 items you could "LOOK" at, and maybe a couple items you could actually buy.

They had the TV on and you could place on order.

That was it...total disappointment.  

When I was there it was the height of shopping channels, I was all excited since I practically bought everything from the Q, thinking back, what was I thinking, but then again, I bought some very nice gold chains, rings and other items. 

I'm not sure why the Q thinks if they have presence in NYC they will attract a different clientele?  To me, a lot of the Q's customers are over 50, considered middle class and do work.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@LipstickdivaThe only significant difference I can think of is that NYC has a huge population as well as many, many tourists who are there to see all kinds of things and they do shop.  For example, if you go to the theater on a Wednesday afternoon, well over 75% of the audience will be women -  and it's women who shop QVC and HSN much more than men.  I have lots of friends who head for the theater, but also add another adventure into the day while they are there.

At Mall of America, you get pretty much just those intent on shopping. No?  I doubt I'd ever go out of my way to check out anything at that mall unless I were already there doing something else.  I don't even go to the big malls near me all that often.

Very true @millieshops.  The targeted locations are 34th Street on the west side, which puts it in prime tourist location.  Also interested in storefronts in the same location are Amazon and Target (although Target is already nearby and also in SoHo in the city).  Interesting.