Super Contributor

Re: QVC Return Labels...Never Again!

I rarely return anything, but when I do I return it UPS. I can track the item and it gets there faster. I sent a package USPS once, and it took almost 3 weeks to get there. Never again.

Trusted Contributor

I went to the post office today to see if they could help find the return. Another nasty experience...the postal worker that originally told me that they do not scan packages was behind the counter. The tracking number I used as shown in the QVC system is not the same tracking number the post office uses. Great! Now, I do not even have the proper tracking number for the post office to track.

The post office was nasty once again...and this time... I gave it right to back to them. The postmaster said Well...WE scan All QVC returns in the back. I said, Well you didn't scan my package. She could not help me any further until I have proper USPS tracking number. I called QVC and they do not have it either?? Strange...the number we see on tracking returns is a QVC number not a post office tracking number.

Oh...And Now the postmaster said they had so many complaints...that they will now scan prepaid packages. This was a recent change....I wonder how many packages were "lost"...before they changed this policy back??

I give up...I am done and not enjoying shopping here anymore.

eta...Thanks for letting me know how you pay for returns. If, there is a next time... I will go that route. I have no desire to buy anything after this experience.

Trusted Contributor

Wow. I return a lot and have never had so many problems! When I use the prepaid label, I just drop it in the drop-off chute and never ask for a receipt. Lately I have been receiving an email stating my return is on its way, so maybe the PO is scanning later. It does sound like it is your PO that is having the problem. Sorry.
Super Contributor

Wow - my people at the PO are wonderful - I go there every day because I sell on Ebay and they couldn't be more helpful - they always scan anything I give them - QVC purchases for sure and give me a receipt - I told them some post officers weren't doing that and they couldn't believe it so - must be where you live-

Super Contributor

I suspect there is a thief working in that post office. My p.o. always asks if I want a receipt. Not that it may matter, but my p.o. is in the country, rarely anyone in line. Rarely. I'm sorry for your bad experience.

There are so many things I hate about this awful "new" (although it's old now) shipping process. I miss the days of the good ol' hunky UPS guy in the brown shirt.

...eh, and shorts. Smiley Wink

- Bird

Honored Contributor

I have never had the post office scan the label and never had a problem. Ijust drop it off in the chute.

Respected Contributor

On 2/25/2015 Bestdressed said:
...I called QVC and they do not have it either?? Strange...the number we see on tracking returns is a QVC number not a post office tracking number.

This is true. When you return a package using the Q return label the USPS is just acting as a ""go-between"". Those packages are picked up from the P.O. by a 3rd party courier that QVC contracts with and delivered to QVC. The post office does not deliver Q return label packages to QVC. This is why Q labels take longer to be processed than returning UPS or paying up front for your return.

Frequent Contributor

I posted this on another thread --- If you have the type of return label which allows you to leave the package either with the Post Office or with UPS, try to use UPS. See if there is a UPS Store in your area, or an office building with UPS pickup. I go to a UPS Store, and they scan my labels - maybe not the moment I hand them the package, but certainly before it leaves the store. And returns are received by QVC and processed quicker this way.

Honored Contributor

On 2/26/2015 DJs mom said:
On 2/25/2015 Bestdressed said:
...I called QVC and they do not have it either?? Strange...the number we see on tracking returns is a QVC number not a post office tracking number.

This is true. When you return a package using the Q return label the USPS is just acting as a "go-between". Those packages are picked up from the P.O. by a 3rd party courier that QVC contracts with and delivered to QVC. The post office does not deliver Q return label packages to QVC. This is why Q labels take longer to be processed than returning UPS or paying up front for your return.

I haven't bought or returned anything in quite some time. If they're still using Newgistics SmartLabels, you can go to the Newgistics site and use the tracking number to track the package.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I use the prepaid label all the time. If the package can be dropped in a mailbox, that's what I do. TO date, I've not had a problem.

I have taken some to the post office and dropped them in the huge bin they have in the lobby. Again, never had a problem.

Sometimes for an odd shaped large box, I have to take it inside. I was told by 2 clerks just to put the box on the counter, they won't give me a receipt. Another time, just recently, the a different clerk gave me a receipt.