Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC, AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT THINKS THIS IS CRAZY?

Didn't they just get a new CEO?  With the change in leadership, I'm sure outside consultants are probably evaluating/interviewing/surveying both inside/outside to evaluate which porcedures will best advance the company.  This will take a while and also as previously suggested they may have contracts with vendors which must be renegotiated/ended.

Let's hope in time things will get better - a new, improved version of the old Q would be great!

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

Last week Kerstin had a "gift show" and when I came on here to see the items recently on air, I noticed that she had a set of those scrub pads by Campanella. I would be shocked if this was an actual item she would gift. 

Its just sales tactics. I don't really care what the hosts would give as gifts. I know I'm not buying 20 flashlights and giving them as gifts! Lol

@wvumountiefan: I'm convinced that the items presented in the "gift" shows are surplus goods the Q is attempting to empty out of their warehouses.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

Didn't they just get a new CEO?  With the change in leadership, I'm sure outside consultants are probably evaluating/interviewing/surveying both inside/outside to evaluate which porcedures will best advance the company.  This will take a while and also as previously suggested they may have contracts with vendors which must be renegotiated/ended.

Let's hope in time things will get better - a new, improved version of the old Q would be great!

I haven't seen anything about a new CEO, but it would appear to be a good idea. A fresh approach would be a good thing.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

Keep in mind hat not everyone watches QVC as often as you may or on your schedule.

QVC programs to reah 100 million homes across multiple time zones.  People are constantly tuning in at arious times throughout the day.  Because of this,, QVC tends to air products which has the highest profit margins as QVC is a business (and does not exist to entertain us or alleviate our boredom).

While QVC has thousands of items which never air, many of the do not offer high profit margins.  In fact, many are aailable elsewhere for less, so it would not be in QVC's best interest as people would wath the demo on air and then shop online for something cheaper (just as some people go to brick nd mortar stores with questions about products and then opt to purchase online).  We see this happen all the time, for instance, with cookbooks on QVC.

... well, they've succeeded in that.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm one who only watches a few minutes a day.  I don't turn on Q to watch a particular show, except the first hour of Leah's AM Style on Saturdays.  I flip over to Q when a show I'm watching on another channel goes to commercial  That said, it seems that every single time I flip over to Q, whether it's a weekday, weekend, evening or daytime, they're showing Vionic shoes.  Ugh.  I'm beginning to wonder if they sell anything else.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

Or how about Evine and the watch craze.  Cannot believe they have that many watches to sell or that anyone needs that many.  To each his own I know, but this is not exactly the age of the watch like it was when I was growing up.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wvumountiefanI know I have been on my best behavior so Santa will bring me a set of SCRUB PADS ! Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The "holiday" hype is going to get heavier and more fanatic in the coming weeks. What gets me are these crazy callers---(I HATE THAT) that wish the hosts a merry, happy xmas---in OCTOBER, for crying out loud---really???? And then how we need to buy  all these things for every person that crosses our paths each day----just crazy!!!

So have decided NOT to watch or order---going to shop online, in the land of free shipping and no taxes and free returns. And sorry Mr UPS guy---no scrubby pads for you!!!!! But I bet you can make them into  lovely necklaces for everybody else!!!!

Honored Contributor

A zillion items on line and they show the same 50 items over and over again (excluding clothing for the most part.)

The "gift shows" are ridiculous.  When will they realize that we can choose gifts from regular programming, if they ever decide to expand the on air inventory?

Super Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

Or how about Evine and the watch craze.  Cannot believe they have that many watches to sell or that anyone needs that many.  To each his own I know, but this is not exactly the age of the watch like it was when I was growing up.  

I wonder about  "watch-crazy" Evine as well. Seems like a strange business model considering most people carry cell phones. Do the the younger gernerations even wear watches anymore? I know none of my peers wear them anymore (with the exception of the Apple Watch) and I am in late 30's. Seems the watch is going the way of the landline phone.