Honored Contributor

@Alexa6352 wrote:

I too have NO PROBLEM with QVC..I rarely return things.. The clothes I buy ,I love. I know my size in D&C and Logo & Lisa Rinna & Susan Graver and I have never had a problem with them being MIS-SIZED. I buy my Clarks here too and I know my size and have had no problem...I check around other sites for  Clarks and often they don't have the Style that QVC has..so I buy it from QVC ..Christmas time I only have Kids to buy for and I literally did all my Shopping on QVC In July......I know ,I read these boards and I often wonder : What are you all doing on these Boards? You claim you are UNHAPPY with QVC and their PROGRAMMING,THE HOSTS..They don't offer enough VARIETY...You also complain that if you COMPLAIN..NO ONE CARES..They don't address your GRIPES....Well..let me tell you something..There are a FEW 100 of you who are COMPLAINING..They are in 90 MILLION HOMES. I watch enough QVC to listen to all the calls and believe me there are MANY MORE HAPPY SHOPPERS than not....There are so many people who live in areas that are RURAL and no stores for miles..Many are HOMEBOUND and QVC is a LIFELINE to the outside world.....Many don't have access to a Computer..I know my Mother-in-law doesn't..She calls up when she sees something she needs.She has a hard time getting around and she rarely goes out shopping anymore.So, QVC is perfect for her and anyone like her.They can SEE the item.SEE how it looks on others and they give DETAILED DESCRIPTIONS many times of the MATERIAL and how it feels.. She also many times just keeps it on for company. You can't get that ON AMAZON or wherever else you shop on the Internet.

So, my point is, if you don't like QVC or HSN or because they are NO LONGER suit your needs and are not giving you what you want..STOP WATCHING

@Alexa6352

Have you read QVC's financial reports for the last few quarters, their revenues are down, and even one of the categories that QVC used to do well in, Apparel, has even declined causing several of the Q executives to even questioning what was happening.....so they keep sending out these surveys to try to figure out WHY?????  And QVC BETTER CARE if they want to remain in business......they may have a large potential audience, but gee after you've bought one Dyson vacuum why would you continue to watch if they showed that same Dyson vacuum weekend after weekend, so these customers may buy once, and but never again purchase from QVC. QVC makes their money by retaining a loyal customer base....

You say only about 100 customers complain, but 1 customer represents 800 according to retail statistics....and some customers just stop shopping and leave without saying a word, and QVC's decline in revenues proves customers are buying less...

Many of us provide feedback because we want to keep QVC as a viable shopping option!!!  There are still a few items and/or vendors we purchase from QVC and want to see changes because we would like to continue to shop at QVC....

I'm glad you don't have to return clothes, because I have had just the opposite experience as you--inconsistent sizing within the same brand (and  I've mainted my same weight), the quality of the garments aren't the same, the material pills or stretches out after a couple of washings!!! I used to buy Denim & Co clothes and a few from other vendors, but got tired of having to return this and lose money....QVC unlike other retailers dont have a $10 try me fee....and other retails also offer lower shipping prices, for example QVC charges $12 to mail a handbag in the same ole QVC cardboard box....why is the shipping so high at QVC?????????

I'm glad you found stuff for the kids on Christmas In July, most is the the same stuff they show year after year..how many flashpads, cabbage patch dolls, Bershire throws, Poopourri, and vacuums do they have now!!!  I USED TO buy a lot of gifts from QVC for birthdays and Christmas because they were unique and different and not just the same things I can find in local store.......The items QVC shows are too limited, the programming is too repetitive PCs, vacuums, Kitchen Aid, mattresses, pillows, throws, It Cosmetics, Philosphy, Dooney & Bourke purses.......and overpriced clothing where all the vendors styles look much the same....

Even for people that are homebound should remember this is the 21st century QVC isn't the only "lifeline" to the outside world.... there are many many many retailers to choose from online.....and even if they dont have a computer they can also call other retailers or even request that a catalog be mailed to them and order snail mail!!!!  

And from what I see few of the host give detailed descriptions anymore like fabric quality, measurements are seldom on the screen and some measurements dont appear and there is no CLICK HERE....Many of the hosts are too busy telling about their personal lives, and what activities their children are in, where the family went on vacation, or even talk about their music play list which have absolutely no bearing on the items they are presenting   And lack of info results in returns andQVC wonders about all the returns....its due to lack of info in presentations,and all those questions online about the product with many questions left unanswered....

Oh BTW we all know how to use remote.....so if we aren't interested in the product or  if the host annoys us we use our remote to TURN THE CHANNEL.....we don't just sit there are watch something we hate!

On those callers not the ages....they are mostly in their 70's on up and started watching when QVC first went on the air....yet QVC is trying to attract, without success, 30's years on up....and a younger demographic....but see the problem is 30 year olds dont need wrinkle creams and such....and consider QVC's clothes frumpy and dowdy.....

I have a suggestion---if you don't want to read feedbac for QVC don't open the thread....find a topic that would be more pleasant and agreeable for you.....Woman Very Happy  You see we are CUSTOMERS TOO and we have a right to provide our comments and feedback so ignore us and move along.....we don't need to be scolded or reprimanded...

BTW they have made changes and I have even heard some of the hosts and vendors say....due to customer feedback and customer comments we changed this or we are now offering this for you.......and I have also gotten comments from hosts where I have left some comments and recommendations too.....Will QVC implement every one of our changes that we suggest--more than likely not, but if there are a few, then that might keep us around as shoppers and with their current financial status they need all the help they can get.....and with Q Execs being especially vocal.....they are shall we say concerned....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Anyone who thinks QVC is all that must not shop anywhere else.  I shop from the Q, but not exclusively.  Shoes, bags, kitchen items, appliances, can almost always be purchased elsewhere for less, with either free or reduced shipping.

I am an on line shopper for the most part, but I shop around.  

Honored Contributor

@mzlg wrote:

@makena wrote:

I'm curious as to why you would shop here if you're so unhappy with the overall experience

@makena, I have been a Q shopper and watcher from way back ... I live in a rural area & my commute to work and college was very early & the commute back was very late, so shopping the Q was helpful & the products were up to my standards. 

The Q presentations were interesting & fun - Kirks Folly and cut glass from JJ Peng, Echo of the Dreamer and there were so many others ... it has only been in the last few years that I have not been really satisfied with the Quality, Value and Convenience of some of the products, which I no longer purchase.

Perhaps, the "overall Q experience" is lacking, however I still have a few favorite Vendors & products that are not available in a "brick & mortar store", which I purchase via the Q: LDO, Bob Mackie, WEN, Dr. D, JM, Hagit & a few others & I will watch their presentations, if my schedule permits.

What I stated regarding the Q, is not much different than a number of other posters, who watch & shop, - the Hosts (enough has been said about them or perhaps too much), the Vendors/products have changed - lacks quality and costs more, the s/h expense to "try" a product,  the programs are repetitive and boring - no, not much different from other posters views who still watch and shop the Q. 

makena, I realize that you were "curious" as to why I would shop here ...  if you were to re-read my post you will notice that I stated: "I purchase from the Q, products that I'm unable to purchase in a B&M store, on-line w/free S/H, or a good deal."

This is one of the reasons I rarely post - having to clarify, defend and/or explain my post.

@mzlg, you honestly don't "have" to clarify, defend or explain to every questioner, and really shouldn't feel the need.

I do the above when I feel I might not have been clear, or might have left something out, when asked by posters I know, posters I respect, and most of all, posters whom I believe are asking a genuine question they actually have. Other "questions" - the rhetorical, the snarky challenge and the sarcastic "questions, I ignore with a clear conscience and a light heart 😜

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@dex wrote:

We all have opinions and I like to hear what everyone is thinking.I tend to agree that Q has gotten expensive and repetitive but they are still in business so a lot of people feel differently than me.I don't know why people feel they have to defend a shopping network from criticism.I believe that a business should pay more attention to the complainers to see if there is some merit or consensus to their complaints.eg If no one tells a restaurant the food isn't great but just decides not to return or recommend,then they don't give an opportunity for success.

Exactly, @dex. Another way for companies to make sure they have a satisfied customer is via phone when you are asked if you would do a survey at the end of your call? That company CARES how its customers are being treated, and they want excellence.

When was the last time when talking to the Q CS, you were asked if you wanted to do a survey after your call???? Some companies don't want to hear any bad news. I think the Q sees this forum's suggestions as the bad news they don't wish to hear.

Honored Contributor

How high is that horse?  I hope OP doesn't fall off. Remember, everyone is entitled to their opinions and complaining about complaining is rather amusing.

Frequent Contributor

I agree with everything you said in your post.  Sums up my feelings exactly. Same old boring stuff, over and over. Dyson, SG, Logo, Gili....And if I want jewelry, I shop Evine & JTV. Best prices and selection.  Actually, I shop Evine a lot! Love their hosts but they too have limited categories.  I don't drive so shopping online is great.  I find Amazon has everything anyone could want.  2 day shipping for free...I'm in 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Woman Very Happy
Honored Contributor

@Alexa6352 wrote:

I too have NO PROBLEM with QVC..I rarely return things.. The clothes I buy ,I love. I know my size in D&C and Logo & Lisa Rinna & Susan Graver and I have never had a problem with them being MIS-SIZED. I buy my Clarks here too and I know my size and have had no problem...I check around other sites for  Clarks and often they don't have the Style that QVC has..so I buy it from QVC ..Christmas time I only have Kids to buy for and I literally did all my Shopping on QVC In July......I know ,I read these boards and I often wonder : What are you all doing on these Boards? You claim you are UNHAPPY with QVC and their PROGRAMMING,THE HOSTS..They don't offer enough VARIETY...You also complain that if you COMPLAIN..NO ONE CARES..They don't address your GRIPES....Well..let me tell you something..There are a FEW 100 of you who are COMPLAINING..They are in 90 MILLION HOMES. I watch enough QVC to listen to all the calls and believe me there are MANY MORE HAPPY SHOPPERS than not....There are so many people who live in areas that are RURAL and no stores for miles..Many are HOMEBOUND and QVC is a LIFELINE to the outside world.....Many don't have access to a Computer..I know my Mother-in-law doesn't..She calls up when she sees something she needs.She has a hard time getting around and she rarely goes out shopping anymore.So, QVC is perfect for her and anyone like her.They can SEE the item.SEE how it looks on others and they give DETAILED DESCRIPTIONS many times of the MATERIAL and how it feels.. She also many times just keeps it on for company. You can't get that ON AMAZON or wherever else you shop on the Internet.

So, my point is, if you don't like QVC or HSN or because they are NO LONGER suit your needs and are not giving you what you want..STOP WATCHING

They were the ones who asked, it was a survey, remember? They wanted her answers, not yours or anyone else's. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 Thank You so much for you lovely imput. Woman HappyHeart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

@Alexa6352 wrote:

I HAVE quit watching. No need to be on the defense if QVC's works for you!