Esteemed Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? WEEKEND PREVIEW JOY TO THE WORLD! July 17 & 18

@Spurt I've heard of a lot of people being stung and having issues this year - more than usual it seems to me. 

Your post about your cats and the tree made me smile.  My girls will ignore the tree and the ornaments for a while and then all of a sudden, the Siamese urge must strike and then the tree becomes a target.  Too funny.

Valued Contributor

Welcome, back Spurt!  When I didn't see a post from you last week I was really hoping you were off on a vacation to someplace fabulous like maybe a tropical island that doesn't get Q reception!  I really hate hate hate bugs, bees and wasps in particular, so I feel really bad for your ordeal.

Usually on a boring progamming weekend I can usually find Something to watch, but this weekend, nothing.  Not doing the Christmas thing.  I do love your holiday critters though.  I hope you have a huuuuuge arsenal of them as it's going to be  a looong 5 1/2 months!  I've only been regularly reading here for a few months, so I missed the postings from last holiday season.  I imagine it gets very hard to keep it fresh when in the whole month of December, the Program Guide just lists entire days of shows as "Rick's Gift Favorites," "Carolyn's Gift Favorites," "Saturday Morning Gifts," "Gift Shopping with Albany," and "Jacque's Holiday Party."  (The 'Holiday Party' ones really slay me because there's nothing party-ish about it - just more flashlights and Poo Pourri.)  This has to be a major challenge to try to spin in a creative vein when they give you so little to go on, but I have no fear your kitties and pups will be up for the challenge!

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Spurt, so glad to hear you are making a good recovery from your wasp sting. They are scary for sure! Because we had a lot of Spring rain, the bee & wasp population in AZ are really going strong this summer. I've never seen a bee in 8 years at this house & one day i found a bee on the inside of the window of my second bedroom!  I got him out & watched him fly around for a few minutes, then he disappeared forever. All i can figure is that he was part of a swarm & he got lost somehow. Havent seen a bee since.

Love your Christmas pics, they are all great. Was delighted to see the picture of Salem, the black cat from Sabrina, the Teenage Witch. I used to watch that show just to see him :-)

Didn't turn on the T.V. until Jill's show had started, but I immediately thought of you when I saw Jim Shore presenting his 2015 dated ornament. It was under $15!  She had some nice things & i really had to resist the light-up birds because I only have a small area I can decorate for Christmas & my active cats would no doubt accidently break it if I put it anywhere else. Looking forward to VPH although i might miss the "all-new" show :-(

I used to enjoy it when QVC had one day shows on the 25th of the month because i knew when they were. Now i just find things by accident, but since i dont buy i guess it doesnt really matter . Take care & stay away from things with stingers! :-)  You were definitely missed last week.

Honored Contributor

Spurt, I like Mr. and Mrs. Claus, too, and love your angel with the cardinals.

I think there must be a lot of Jim Shore fans here, who are shopping online and not waiting for the early morning show.  I found another Santa ornament(special 2015 edition), and it's already on waitlist!

Honored Contributor

Icezeus, I'm up the coast from you and it's hot and dry here, too.  No fires yet, but we still have a long time to go before the rainy season begins.  Stay safe!

Honored Contributor

I see that mews mom saw Jim Shore on Jill's show today, and that was when the new ornament was presented...sorry I missed that! Hope they can fill the waitlist orders.
Regular Contributor

Well yesterday the lightening and thunder showers were quite an event, got a free car wash (finally).  I am in so. cal too and my poor car has been dirty for far too long.  Kinda blends in with the brown front yard when parked in driveway! 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I guess it's just increasingly clear, Spurt, that their definition of 'joy' and mine have diverged... significantly.  I doubt I'll even watch the Val shows.  The sets might be pretty but the items on offer will be more of the same... Orbs and the Vegas angels...  And as for La Marm, well, as you well know, I can't abide her.  Sort of speaks volumes that I didn't even tune in for more than forty-five minutes of Gem Day.  Home shopping, the hysteria, the hyperbole and the whole blessed approach has just left me wanting...  As I so often say...

NEXT!!!

@stevieb  Hey STEVIE so how are things going in our nation's qwappitol?..What have you been up to?...

I think QVC has it in for us.....both with Gem Day and CIJ----they seem to schedule all our favorite hosts on the rare days that show something a tad different (well sorta different)......yep I saw a bit of "the man" and LM on Gem Day.....And who was the host for Jim....well my favorite gal Smiley Wink ......Yes it appears it's QVC's revenge on us since we are 3/4 out the door on using them as a shopping option, and it appears they trying to push us all the way out LOL!!!!  

As for VPH ....Concur ENOUGH WITH THE ORBS!!!!!---the time has come for them to follow the same exodus as the musical eggs that used to be shown ad nauseum!!!!! But at least VPH's Sunday night show is going to be ALL NEW---although I shudder to think it might just be variations of the same things---but I'm curious enough to tune in...besides not much on to watch on Sunday nights anyway....I wish Valerie would do a new winter artificial wreath as mine is showing a touch of wear...Back in June I did purchase the VPH mosiac angel---the green with the book and she is a beauty--so I was pleased with the purchase and I didn't have any quality issues like some customers did when I read the reviews.   

I had QVC on as background noise as I tried to catch up on some housework.....and had to leave to meet my DS for lunch as La Marm came on.......I saw your comment on QVC's Fashion Night Out, and at that time I still had to keep my leg elevated, so I was a "captive" audience....and again whatever has happened to the TV industry with nothing really to watch on Monday Nights (the NFL can't return soon enough)......I do like some of Issac's things---although the weather is hot and steamy and surely don't need jackets or cardiagans---but the show was really uncomfortable to watch---it was downright irritating and annoying.  I think the QVC made a mistake on the "featured" host for sure...... after a while I couldn't take it any more and turned the channel....I just don't understand it---the Shopping Channels have this added dimension of TV intead of using it to draw viewers in, they are turning off viewers go figure....I will borrow you line and say.....NEXT!!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? JOY TO THE WORLD---WEEKEND PREVIEW 7/17 and 7/18

@GinaV24 wrote:

@Spurt Hi, Spurt, yes I did write, haven't heard a thing back of course.  I'm not surprised, Q is good at dishing it out but not so much on responsiveness.

They can send letters to people chastising them for too many returns (no I've never gotten that letter) but since most returns on my part are related to their lack of quality and sizing issues, I've solved a lot of it by not buying clothes/shoes any more.  Kind of a shame because I did like their clothes.

I like Christmas and I particularly love decorating for fall.  That's where I have issues with storage.  As far as heat, well, we are going to be in the seriously hot and humid for the next week so that part of summer is hard to take so that won't be fun but I'd still rather be warm than cold but to each their own.

I'lll probably miss VPH's shows today because I'm meeting friends for dinner.  I tune in to other shopping channels these days far more than I watch Q but that's their fault.

@GinaV24  Well sorry that QVC has responded to your letter---perhaps they are being bombarded with complaints and it's difficult for them to keep up with it all!!!Man Wink  I USED TO  like some of the things from D&C, Sport Savvy, and Linea, and Issac but as you said their quality went to heck and their sizing became a bit bizarre even if you checked the measurements on line, and like you I got fed up with having to return so much and quit buying from QVC.....The only shoes I buy are Ryka because they did have a good price compared to local stores, but I noticed that what they show now for Ryka are in the $70 and up range....now I can do better locally.....

I can empthize for sure about fall too---I used to have an entire closet for Christmas decor, but another one has branched out to fall decor, I've really now beefed up that collection---Like you my favorite seasons for decorating are fall and Christmas.

I watched some of HSN's Christmas Shows and was not impressed, they also seemed to be obessed with bliss type lighting and one that had a projector for different seasons. That guy Geoff that used to do BL for QVC, used to be on HSN for Winter Lane, but now they have a different vendor and their stuff isn't so cute....HSN used to also have those Italian sisters with cute decor pieces but they jumped to Evine.......Unfortunately my cable service doesn't get Evine.....But Q has customers runnning for their remotes for sure, and HSN isn't much better these days....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GinaV24 wrote:

@Spurt I've heard of a lot of people being stung and having issues this year - more than usual it seems to me. 

Your post about your cats and the tree made me smile.  My girls will ignore the tree and the ornaments for a while and then all of a sudden, the Siamese urge must strike and then the tree becomes a target.  Too funny.

@GinaV24  I think all of the rain in our area has made the bees/wasp quite ornery....In our area a poor man died from bee stings---he was mowing his acreage and got stung to death so sad.....

I'm not surprised to hear your Siamese likes to "hunt" ornaments-Cat LOL--they are a smart and fun breed....