Esteemed Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? Preview 10/17-10/18 VINTAGE, MORE GIFTS, AND CHOCOLATE!

Really cute photos this week. I like the dog with the roll of wrapping paper and the one with the blue wig. That dog could use some WEN. The black cats posing with the pumpkins are very pretty. I had a couple black cats before, and they are wonderful!

I'm hoping QVC has a decent line up Sunday night; I might have to switch channels if NE blows out the Colts again on SNF. Woman Frustrated It doesn't sound like I have much confidence this week, but NE always plays a tough game. I'm just hoping that the Colts make a respectable showing.

Temperatures are in the 50's today, and the fall colors are showing up now. This weekend the temps at night are expected to drop down to the 30's. Fall is definitely here in IN.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Regular Contributor

Only 70 days left... OH MY WORD !  where has the time gone... Well the last of the out of town gifts is almost completed.  A dog leash made from San Francisco 49'er material.  Doggie's human daddy is a 49er fan.  So in a way there I will be supporting football! Smiley Happy

With my eldery father back home (80+ age) I now have to share my sewing weekend time with cooking time.  Mega cook-a-thons -  so I freeze meals and lunches.  He is self sufficent until it comes to meals, and with his health issues, prepackage frozen meals are not good for him.  Much easier to get as much done for the week ahead since I still work full time, and also have grandkids after work 3 days a week.  

And now I am also his taxi too, he managed to total his vehicle driving back across county.  Accident not his fault, it was a "sucidial deer".   He was NOT injured at all, his guardian angel was definitley on that road trip for sure! 

So on to dust off the pressure cooker, slow cooker and rinse out the cassarole dishes, it show time in the kitchen!

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt oh my gosh, fabulous as always.  The kittens in the pumpkin are so cute!  Well I could probably use a record player but you know what I'm not going to buy one.  I'll stick with playing my music - holiday and otherwise on my shelf sized CD stereo -- it even plays tapes!  Amazing.

Supposed to be suddenly "cold" here this weekend but I will do my best to get out of my nice warm bed and hie myself to the gym where I need to be so I can enjoy the treats for Halloween and Thanksgiving (remember those holidays - they come before the Christmas buying frenzy). Ha!  I want candy, I want pie, I want stuffing.  Does anyone else get the e-mails from WebMD that tell you how awful certain foods are for you?  I find them terribly depressing.  Since I don't eat all of those things every week or even every month, I delete the e-mails and enjoy myself.

I may watch a few minutes of AM style before I cruise on over to the gym but it will be football for me on Sunday or yard work!

I caught a few minutes of Bixby's show last night and while there were a lot of lovely things, I'm passing on jewelry purchases right now.  I'm still in thinking mode for gifts this year.

Thanks again for a very interesting read and all the pretty pictures.  Reminds me that I always have to bring gifts to the office and wrap them there after hours because having two Siamese cats who think that helping means sitting in the middle of the paper is really NO help at all.

Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops well considering the selection of items Q keeps pushing, they won't get many of $ holiday dollars.  I am looking for different and unique, not same old same old.

Esteemed Contributor

oh gosh @vicalynn glad to hear your dad wasn't hurt, but that is a scary thing to go thru anyway.  Take care of both you and your family.

Honored Contributor

Spurt

wasn't last weekend

D&B, wen gifts and food

rewind!!!

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GinaV24  Well I was hoping now to "trump his stubborn playing card" with my own "better be  nice to me or I won't haul your booty around card".. but I swear the man can trump me every time in family card playing.   And I mean this in the most fun and loving way.  I feel sorry for the car salesman when he gets ready to buy  another vehicle.  I love watching others trying to sweet talk that "stubborn" man! 

I will take very good care of him and the rest of the family.  Some day I may be playing that "stubborn ole woman card" to my kids.. oh poor babies!!!!  

Honored Contributor

@Spurt:  Thanks for another great weekend preview. I'll have good reason not to watch the Q this weekend. My team-- the Mets-- have advanced to the NLCS! And I'll be watching the ALCS as well. These repetitive weekend offerings remind me of the movie Groundhog Day, lol. Have a good one, all.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

@millieshops well considering the selection of items Q keeps pushing, they won't get many of $ holiday dollars.  I am looking for different and unique, not same old same old.

I don't know or care how QVC will do, but I do really, honestly have to wonder how they can expect to keep offering the same bland formula and keep pushing the same products year after year and expect to keep customers interested and buying. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

Hi Spurt!  Let's see....animals with hats always make me laugh.  This time

it was the cats with pumpkin hats, the hamster with santa hat + the dog

with the blue wig.  Love someone's comment about how the dog needed

WEN!  That or Calista styling tool...

Weather has been nice and I've been running around with a friend who

likes to shop/explore new places.  Today, she took me to "Gabes" (I think they used to be called "Gabriel's).  It's a big store with buy outs from name

brand stores - I loved it!  Found quilted black car coat from JCPenney

with tags attached ($150) for $29.99.  Also bought winter boots from

Sketchers -tag said $65, but paid $29.99.  Two pretty tunic length sweaters were less than $20 for both.  Found two beautiful Chico

sweaters at our high end consignment shop for under $40.  Compared to hunting for bargains like these, the Q prices seem ridiculously high. 

Bought a $65 Linea blouse during last show, now thinking about returning

it!  Is it really worth over $70?  I think we sometimes get swept away with

the excitement and enthusiasm of watching our favorite brands, without

out considering the value or practicality of what we're purchasing.

It seems like everytime I turn on QVC, they are showing poo-pourri,

that race track set for kids, or Temptations cookware.  By the way,

didn't Mark Bouwer (sp?) used to be on QVC?  Flipping channels and

saw him advertised on Evine.

Anyway, hope you have a nice weekend.  Supposed to go down into

low 30's tonight & Sat. PM, so may spend Sunday pulling out annuals.

Husband will watch football all weekend.  Also have new Louise Penny

to read...Thanks for the laughs - they are always needed!!!  Sue