Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRVW 8/27-8/28 DOONEY & SHARK AND SHEEP SHEEP SHEEP!

[ Edited ]

@PamfromCT wrote:

Spurt, thank you for all the laughter you bring to my house.  First, I look at the pics and LOL, then DH looks and LOL.  Maybe a good thing kitty doesn't look.  

These endless show duplicates remind me of the movie "Groundhog Day."  I don't do scary movies, but I have watched two of the "Shark-Nado" series.  No, not about the vacuums.

@PamfromCT

To quote JACKTHEBEAR....wasn't this weekend lineup JUST ON!!!  I really think QVC needs to hire Bill Murray as a host since QVC seems to be chaneling GROUND HOG DAY!!!---SHEESH!!!

Speaking of the Shark Nado movies.....one of my favorite NFL Redskin players, Ryan Kerrigan had a cameo in one of the Shark-Nado movies......he played a NASA Technician.....and several other Redskin players and former players were in the movie too, the premise was when the Sharknado invaded DC....LOL!!!  I still need to see the actual movie...although I was warned although pretty funny can also be pretty gory (and I'm not into gore)....

Glad you and your DH liked the photos...have a wonderful NON Q Weekend!

Image result for ryan kerrigan in sharknado

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2015/03/13/anthony-weiner-ryan-kerrigan-and-bri...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@katiescarlett

Katie....I hope you saw Tara present her convertible sizing Christmas Tree....it's on EZ Pay and "only' $37.97 for S&H. Why you could buy one for your home and another for the barn too Smiley Wink 

Temp-tations Frosted Spruce LED Tree with Convertible Sizing - H205639

I chuckled at some of the comments in reviews.....Not to worry about all that glitter because your new shark vacuum will easily pick it up I'm sure Woman Wink

I have never seen so much glitter in my life. It's all over me, the floor and anything that is within 3 feet of the tree. It's a nice tree but certainly not what is was cracked up to being. You don't have needles to pick up but you sure have glitter stuck to everything that will take nearly a year to clean up.

I have an older tree without lights that is easier to put together than this one, the pieces are very heavy and the top piece had to forced into place, the piping was to tight. I'll use it for the holidays because it's already up but you will be getting this back before January 31th. Not happy with this thing at all. This thing looks like a big mess when you see it for real. "

The tree was not full, tremendous holes. The floor, table and path in which the tree box traveled and pieces were is coated in sparkles. "

@stevieb

And I'm sure you'll be purchasing a Dooney for every outfit in your fall and winter wardrobe all with that "wonderful" $12.97 shipping fee (Boy Mikey will be bringing in the $$$) .......  also you don't want to forget one for the garbage/recycle folks and cashiers at your favorite grocery store on your gift list.....Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

thanks @Spurt I hope so, too.  My brother even volunteered to go with me to pick it up tonight! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt I try to avoid glitter, the cats get it all over them and that makes me spaz.  I bought one BL tree years ago, decided it was too "fat" for my living room, so after 3 years sprung for one of the slim line looks and I like it.  No glitter, just lights and much lighter for me to haul up and down out of the garage.  My brother who was holding on to always having a "real" tree finally agreed to take it off my hands -- this after many years of him dealing with a real tree and then only getting to enjoy it for 1 day because he and his family traveled right after the holidays.  He likes the fake one now.  No fuss, less muss.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@katiescarlett

Katie....I hope you saw Tara present her convertible sizing Christmas Tree....it's on EZ Pay and "only' $37.97 for S&H. Why you could buy one for your home and another for the barn too Smiley Wink 

I chuckled at some of the comments in reviews.....Not to worry about all that glitter because your new shark vacuum will easily pick it up I'm sure Woman Wink

I have never seen so much glitter in my life. It's all over me, the floor and anything that is within 3 feet of the tree. It's a nice tree but certainly not what is was cracked up to being. You don't have needles to pick up but you sure have glitter stuck to everything that will take nearly a year to clean up.

I have an older tree without lights that is easier to put together than this one, the pieces are very heavy and the top piece had to forced into place, the piping was to tight. I'll use it for the holidays because it's already up but you will be getting this back before January 31th. Not happy with this thing at all. This thing looks like a big mess when you see it for real. "

The tree was not full, tremendous holes. The floor, table and path in which the tree box traveled and pieces were is coated in sparkles. "

@stevieb

And I'm sure you'll be purchasing a Dooney for every outfit in your fall and winter wardrobe all with that "wonderful" $12.97 shipping fee (Boy Mikey will be bringing in the $$$) .......  also you don't want to forget one for the garbage/recycle folks and cashiers at your favorite grocery store on your gift list.....Woman Very Happy

No @Spurt... I'll not be ordering... But did you see... True to form, the Once Mighty will be offering YET another DB TSV in September and WHAT do you think it is... I'll give you a hint... We've seen this bag in the Crayola 64 colors... we've seen it in croco... we've seen it in suede... we've seen it in nylon... AND NOW... we'll be seeing it as a non-hobo shoulder bag... I tell you, you just can't beat the Q for, uh, innovation... Yes indeed, it's YET ANOTHER incarnation of the the LOGO LOCK... What a new, different and outside the box concept... I don't know about you, but I think they're actually skeered to try anything new... Shaking my head in wonderment...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Thanks to @Spurt for the laughter . . .

Q no thanks, not watching.

Respected Contributor

@Spurt  Thanks for my weekly giggles!  I appreciate the effort you put in every week!  Favorite photo has to be "Shark Doxie"!  Makes me remember my doxie and smile!Cat Very Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@katiescarlett

@stevieb

No @Spurt... I'll not be ordering... But did you see... True to form, the Once Mighty will be offering YET another DB TSV in September and WHAT do you think it is... I'll give you a hint... We've seen this bag in the Crayola 64 colors... we've seen it in croco... we've seen it in suede... we've seen it in nylon... AND NOW... we'll be seeing it as a non-hobo shoulder bag... I tell you, you just can't beat the Q for, uh, innovation... Yes indeed, it's YET ANOTHER incarnation of the the LOGO LOCK... What a new, different and outside the box concept... I don't know about you, but I think they're actually skeered to try anything new... Shaking my head in wonderment...

@stevieb

OMG---you got to be kidding...but I know your not......What is their reasoning.....if a product sells well lets just show it or a variation year after year after year after year.....I guess Dooney took a page from Valerie Parr Hill and all her mercury glass variations.......

Even during the Christmas Show on Thursday Carolyn asked the Lennox vendor if they were the same ornaments from CIJ and she said yes and last year too...

Well I guess I shouldn't criticize Tara from Temp-tations for thinking outside the box and coming out with a multi size Christmas tree......but that seems rather strange going from bakeware/dinnerware....to a psuedo Christmas tree from the great outdoors...and Old World comforters....Woman Wink

And at least Dan Hughes's dogs made the boring TSV watchable......but even the dog's looked a bit bored ...Woman LOL

So anything new from the Qwappitol area ...

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

@Spurt I try to avoid glitter, the cats get it all over them and that makes me spaz.  I bought one BL tree years ago, decided it was too "fat" for my living room, so after 3 years sprung for one of the slim line looks and I like it.  No glitter, just lights and much lighter for me to haul up and down out of the garage.  My brother who was holding on to always having a "real" tree finally agreed to take it off my hands -- this after many years of him dealing with a real tree and then only getting to enjoy it for 1 day because he and his family traveled right after the holidays.  He likes the fake one now.  No fuss, less muss.

@GinaV24

I made that pledge myself about getting an artificial tree and I learned a valuable lesson--NEVER say NEVER--- Woman LOL  But I'm thinkin I made a mistake when I replaced my tree last year --- perhaps I should've down sized and gone with the 6 ft instead of sticking with the 7.5 ft..The 6 ft is more manageable and lighter to haul.  The problem here its so warm when they ship the real trees that you cross your fingers when you buy and put up the tree in early December and hope that the tree will hold up and have a least a few pine needles on it by the time Christmas rolls around...

And yes cats + glitter DON'T MIX!!!   And my sis is worried about how Doppier will react with the Christmas tree....he is such a curious cat and is into everything....he jumped on the fireplace mantle and even opens cabinet draws in the kitchen.....got into her liquor cabinet too.....Cat LOL  My cats are pretty good with the tree they just like to sleep under it....but they do mess up the tree skirt and get it full of cat hair!

Have fun kyaking....I'm going to an arts and craft show....whats funny is they also have some dealers there and a few products that QVC shows too....I can't escape it--- I just hope they don't have a shark vacuum demonstration...LOL!!!

Esteemed Contributor

So good,so true.  Matresses,vacuums, Dooney... and David just said he had an IRON! coming up.  I'm off to load my dishwasher for excitement.  Thanks again,@ SPURT

Trees are the lungs of the Earth