Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRV 8/20-8/21 GOLD MEDALS AND SMOOTHIES AWAY!

[ Edited ]

@GinaV24 wrote:

oh dear @Spurt all of those animal photos made me laugh.  Love the kitties doing the gymnastics and the dogs doing agility are just awesome!  Well there are a few things I may actually tune in to watch like CP since even if I don't buy and am tired of the "mine is closed" stories it is still nice to look at pretty jewelry. 

Five (5) hrs of ITKWD, nope, absolutely not for me.  I'll skip it all.  Depending on the weather, maybe I can get something done in the yard (which needs a lot of attention).  Between having the mowers broken (both) and heat indices of over 100 degrees, well, I slacked off.

thanks for the smile.  I needed it today.

@GinaV24

I'm glad you liked the photos....and happy it gave you a smile! Woman Very Happy

If I'm home I may peek in at Carolyn P's jewelry show...but she doesnt show earrings for me....

We have been enjoying temperatures in the mid 70's and into the 80's....but we are clearing out briefly and the temperatures are supposed to rebound back into the 90's...Woman Tongue  At least the rain is supposed to return late Saturday and Sunday and cool us down again....  I hope it cools down for you before you do that yard work....

That kitty got a good home with my sis....

That lab was a puppy and so cute....

Whatever you do have a good one!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

I'm sure within that 5 hr. ITKWD show there will be 2 hrs. devoted to VitaMix....the glorified, over priced blender.

Esteemed Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

oh dear @Spurt all of those animal photos made me laugh.  Love the kitties doing the gymnastics and the dogs doing agility are just awesome!  Well there are a few things I may actually tune in to watch like CP since even if I don't buy and am tired of the "mine is closed" stories it is still nice to look at pretty jewelry. 

Five (5) hrs of ITKWD, nope, absolutely not for me.  I'll skip it all.  Depending on the weather, maybe I can get something done in the yard (which needs a lot of attention).  Between having the mowers broken (both) and heat indices of over 100 degrees, well, I slacked off.

thanks for the smile.  I needed it today.

I need to get back out in the yard too...It has been so hot that I stayed in the air conditoning and the weeds are taking over.....LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt Very funny again!! Thanks for the weekly smile!! Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@Spurt Thank you so much for the giggles! I loved all of the pictures. At least the pooch who won the gold medal wore a bow tie for the occasion! Tee hee!
I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Esteemed Contributor

SPURT, I remember reading about your sister's cat, Padme. Her new rescue is so handsome; it's a win-win situation for both her and the cat. Wonder if Dossier will let her dress him in Giants gear. Woman LOL

Beautfiul day today. Temp is about 70 and sunny. The heat will be gone this coming week, which is nice.

I don't really miss cable. Never watched shopping networks much, anyway. Most shows I'm interested in are on local stations. The exceptions are some games on ESPN or NFLN. But I can always see those online later.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

Mentioning her cat, I menat to say "Doppier" instead. Sometimes I type too quickly.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

SPURT, I remember reading about your sister's cat, Padme. Her new rescue is so handsome; it's a win-win situation for both her and the cat. Wonder if Dossier will let her dress him in Giants gear. Woman LOL

Beautfiul day today. Temp is about 70 and sunny. The heat will be gone this coming week, which is nice.

I don't really miss cable. Never watched shopping networks much, anyway. Most shows I'm interested in are on local stations. The exceptions are some games on ESPN or NFLN. But I can always see those online later.

@teganslaw

Yep, sis is already talking about getting Doppier a NY Giant shirt or finding a small football helmet....and a Halloween and Christmas outfit too (Padme didn't mind dressing up....I don't know how this new furry fellow will feel about it).....

I know what you mean every month I pay my cable bill and wonder why the rates are so high because THERE'S NOTHING ON MOST OF THE TIME THAT I WANT TO WATCH!!!  ..... that includes the regular non cable channels too...  I primarily watch football (NFL and sometimes a good college football game) and my NBA Spurs, and one show on ESPN  They've ruined HGTV and Food Network.....occasionally there might be a good movie from the 30'ws/40's on TCM, or a cute mystery on the Hallmark Movie and Mystery Channel.....or I might watch an old sitcom on ME TV (remember those days where they had good writers)..Sometimes a cooking show on Create ..And I admit as lame as it is, I do watch Dancing With The Star--although the word "stars" is questionable---LOL   One of the few network shows I watched was Castle, but that ended this year.... But there are very very few shows I look forward too....

Good shows and good TV times are scarce!

Looks like y'all are having some beautiful weather---ENJOY and GO COLTS!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Three words for you @Spurt: Adorably funny. Thankyou.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

@Nataliesgramma me, too and that's the problem. Saturday morning wasn't too awful so I did some weeding but then had to shower and run to a party (which was fun even though we sweltered in the heat).  Sunday, it was hot and humid but hooray the mowers are finally finxed so I mowed anyway since it was supposed to storm late afternoon.  I had just gotten cleaned up when I got a call from my office and had to drive in to try and resolve a problem.