Valued Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRV 11/12-11/13 MORE COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS

@stevieb wrote:

And on the day after the 12th day of Christmas, I threw my true love's sorry backside out the door and filed for divorce, citing consistently lousy gift giving as the cause...

Now, stevie, are you saying that QVC's "gifts to love" of Poo-Pourri, surge supressors, multi-plugs, etc. don't say I Love You? 

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hey SPURT,  great post, have been off the boards for a while because I put my laptop away.  Love the picture of the dog with the bacon - now THAT is a good dog!  I think Mr. Puff would have eaten in a split second.  My first black Lab would balance a milkbone on her nose and then flip in the air and catch it when I gave her the "release" command. 

Have watched essentially zero of the Q.  All I do is check out online what is the TSV.  Then I move on.  Boring!

By the way, SPURT, my old Golden mix, who was so sick the beginning of Sept., is doing very well.  At that time he was unable to stand at all.  Now he gets up on his own, walks through the house and outside, goes down the steps himself (I still spot him just in case) and barks at me with impatience when I am, in his opinion, slow to fix his breakfast or dinner.  About all I do is help him up the steps, and occasionally to get up.  If you had told me two months ago he would be still alive at this point, I would not have believed it.  He may make it to 16 on Jan. 1 after all!Woman Very Happy

Hope you have been well!

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Valued Contributor

And don't you just love the Q's new motto "find what you love, love what you find?"  Only if you like mattresses, pillows, WEN, Philosophy, Vionic, Temp-tations, overpriced food, etc.

Richard C. Call
Regular Contributor

I very seldom watch anymore... other night flipping thru channels and "The POSH show" was on.. OMG.. all I could do was laugh.  I usually just go to web site, see TSV and then scroll down to the forum, this time I clicked on the Dyson Blow Dryer link.. another OMG $399 for a blow dryer.  Think I would rather put my hair up in a hat/cap and take the $400 and go to Disneyland.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

And on the day after the 12th day of Christmas, I threw my true love's sorry backside out the door and filed for divorce, citing consistently lousy gift giving as the cause...

@stevieb

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@katiescarlett wrote:

Hey SPURT,  great post, have been off the boards for a while because I put my laptop away.  Love the picture of the dog with the bacon - now THAT is a good dog!  I think Mr. Puff would have eaten in a split second.  My first black Lab would balance a milkbone on her nose and then flip in the air and catch it when I gave her the "release" command. 

Have watched essentially zero of the Q.  All I do is check out online what is the TSV.  Then I move on.  Boring!

By the way, SPURT, my old Golden mix, who was so sick the beginning of Sept., is doing very well.  At that time he was unable to stand at all.  Now he gets up on his own, walks through the house and outside, goes down the steps himself (I still spot him just in case) and barks at me with impatience when I am, in his opinion, slow to fix his breakfast or dinner.  About all I do is help him up the steps, and occasionally to get up.  If you had told me two months ago he would be still alive at this point, I would not have believed it.  He may make it to 16 on Jan. 1 after all!Woman Very Happy

Hope you have been well!

@katiescarlett

Hey Katie......I'm tired (from Christmas decorating and shopping with my sis but doing well otherwise)........You were in my thoughts and prayers when that hurricane hit....since you were gone for a while I worried that perhaps your area got hit badly and you were without power and water....Glad to know you just decided to take a break from the PC for awhile---it is a refreshing change of pace isn't it to be untied from electronics for a while....

Yep, pets love bacon so I am not surprised Mr. Puff is a bacon connoiseur too .....my cats aren't interested in any human food EXCEPT bacon....if I make myself a nice breakfast and it includes bacon that is the only thing they get excited about....LOL!!! 

That's a cute trick that your lab would do.....my sis has a new kitty, black cat, named Doppio (after the expresso coffee).....but people mis pronounce it as Dope io--lol.....He is 1 1/2 yrs old and loves to get in cupboards open draws....he's one curious cat....Sis trained him.....if she rings this angel bell she has he comes to her and she says sit, and he sits....and then he gets a treat---too funny.....We were really concerned how he would react to a Christmas tree---sis had visions of him climbing to the top and knocking the star and all her ornaments off....she bought a new tree and decided to leave it up sans ornaments to get him used to it.....so far he hasn't been too excited....I'll keep you posted on whether that lasts...Cat LOL

I am so so happy to hear that your Golden mix is doing so well---thats FANTASTIC! Cat Very HappyHeart  And its good to hear he has a good appetite too.......you'll just have to speed up your doggie restaurant service KATIE  to keep him happy....Cat Wink  May he have many many many many healthy and happy days.....HeartCat Very Happy

QVC is indeed getting more uncompetitive and laughable.....and I've been seeing all the QVC TSVs as I shop locally----I saw Muk Luks on sale at JCP, saw Dyson cheaper at Best Buy......although I admit I did get my Shark Rocket (the older model) from QVC---QVC did have a good deal on that with free shipping....a RAREITY......but I was having trouble finding a Shark locally that didn't have the lift away (I didnt want that)...and I didn't like the newest Shark---it looks like all Shark did was take their hand held model and put it on a handle and have the brush roller thing on the bottom, and that dust bucket is very small....not practical...so that's why I wanted the older one....but other than that exception not impressed nor do I want any QVC items for myself or gifts.....I'm finding fabulous things at Home Goods, Tuesday Morning, Kirklands, and Hobby Lobby, Target, Bed, Bath, and Beoyond, Dillards and JCP!  No try me fee and no shipping Woman Very Happy

Great to see you again....and have a wonderful week....give all your critters a hug from me....HeartHeartHeartCat Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@vicalynn wrote:

I very seldom watch anymore... other night flipping thru channels and "The POSH show" was on.. OMG.. all I could do was laugh.  I usually just go to web site, see TSV and then scroll down to the forum, this time I clicked on the Dyson Blow Dryer link.. another OMG $399 for a blow dryer.  Think I would rather put my hair up in a hat/cap and take the $400 and go to Disneyland.  Smiley Very Happy

What is it with Dyson and these exorbitant prices......they seem to start at the $400 range and go upward from their....and Shark is less expensive and their reviews are just as good.....I'm with you I'd rather take the money and do something fun than spend it on a blow dryer.....Woman Tongue

Valued Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@katiescarlett wrote:

Hope you have been well!

@katiescarlett

Hey Katie......I'm tired (from Christmas decorating and shopping with my sis but doing well otherwise)........You were in my thoughts and prayers when that hurricane hit....since you were gone for a while I worried that perhaps your area got hit badly and you were without power and water....Glad to know you just decided to take a break from the PC for awhile---it is a refreshing change of pace isn't it to be untied from electronics for a while....

Yep, pets love bacon so I am not surprised Mr. Puff is a bacon connoiseur too .....my cats aren't interested in any human food EXCEPT bacon....if I make myself a nice breakfast and it includes bacon that is the only thing they get excited about....LOL!!! 

That's a cute trick that your lab would do.....my sis has a new kitty, black cat, named Doppio (after the expresso coffee).....but people mis pronounce it as Dope io--lol.....He is 1 1/2 yrs old and loves to get in cupboards open draws....he's one curious cat....Sis trained him.....if she rings this angel bell she has he comes to her and she says sit, and he sits....and then he gets a treat---too funny.....We were really concerned how he would react to a Christmas tree---sis had visions of him climbing to the top and knocking the star and all her ornaments off....she bought a new tree and decided to leave it up sans ornaments to get him used to it.....so far he hasn't been too excited....I'll keep you posted on whether that lasts...Cat LOL

I am so so happy to hear that your Golden mix is doing so well---thats FANTASTIC! Cat Very HappyHeart  And its good to hear he has a good appetite too.......you'll just have to speed up your doggie restaurant service KATIE  to keep him happy....Cat Wink  May he have many many many many healthy and happy days.....HeartCat Very Happy

QVC is indeed getting more competitive and laughable.....and I've been seeing all the QVC TSVs as I shop locally----I saw Muk Luks on sale at JCP, saw Dyson cheaper at Best Buy......although I admit I did get my Shark Rocket (the older model) from QVC---QVC did have a good deal on that with free shipping....a RAREITY......but I was having trouble finding a Shark locally that didn't have the lift away (I didnt want that)...and I didn't like the newest Shark---it looks like all Shark did was take their hand held model and put it on a handle and have the brush roller thing on the bottom, and that dust bucket is very small....not practical...so that's why I wanted the older one....but other than that exception not impressed nor do I want any QVC items for myself or gifts.....I'm finding fabulous things at Home Goods, Tuesday Morning, Kirklands, and Hobby Lobby, Target, Bed, Bath, and Beoyond, Dillards and JCP!  No try me fee and no shipping Woman Very Happy

Great to see you again....and have a wonderful week....give all your critters a hug from me....HeartHeartHeartCat Very Happy

Thanks for the good thoughts about Glory!  It cost me an arm and a leg, and still is with his shots, but it is worth every penny seeing him doing so well.

I have the Shark Rocket, too, although my complaints about it are that the container is too small, and that you have to unplug it and drag the cord to the trash to empty the container.  But it does do a good job picking things up.  I have been eyeing the new Bissell pet vacuum but right now can't buy anything like that.

Do you remember the Christmas horse mugs and plates you told me about two years ago from Hobby Lobby?  They still carry them so I bought a set of each of the 4 patterns to give as gifts.  I have done some shopping at zulily (horse scarves), etsy (gray scarf for my SIL), Kohl's for PJ's for my SIL, ebay, Tervis for my brother, and a subscription for him to a great magazine, Garden and Gun out of Charleston.  Lots of stories about Southern homes, gardens, restaurants, locally made items, and they do a great annual dog photo contest each year.  A little bit of hunting, but not much. The only holiday shopping from the Q is the wreath I give every year to my dog vet clinic and to my elderly aunt in Maryland.  Like you, I can go in the B&M stores, use %off coupons, no shipping and get things cheaper than the Q.  And if I do order online, I can go to sites that offer free shipping and you can use the % off coupons there!  A friend of mine and I are going to Charlotte the week after Thanksgiving to do a little shopping.  I like to go in Sur la Table and check out all the kitchen gadgets.  Will probably go in Bath and Body Works and get a few candles.

Re:  the hurricane, I had some rain and wind and only damage was a small tree on my pasture fence.  I had friends in Georgetown and Hilton Head who had it far worse, trees on houses, garage, barn, loss of power for days.  So I feel very lucky.

Yep, put away my computer at home.  I use one so much at work just sometimes I have to "disconnect."

Funny about your sister's cat and the tree.  My sister had a cat when we were younger and it climbed up our tree and pulled it over.  After that, my mother would tie it up to the window.  My beagle mix, Bunny, has this thing about boxes and strange items.  I thought for year she would totallly freak when she saw a tree in the house - well, she looked at it and was completely unfazed.  But a cardboard box?  Puts her over the edge - she has not eaten because there was  box on the floor near her bowl.

Richard C. Call
Valued Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@vicalynn wrote:

What is it with Dyson and these exorbitant prices......they seem to start at the $400 range and go upward from their....and Shark is less expensive and their reviews are just as good.....I'm with you I'd rather take the money and do something fun than spend it on a blow dryer.....Woman Tongue

The day I spend that much money on a hair dryer is the day I have more money than sense.Woman Frustrated

Richard C. Call
Esteemed Contributor

@katiescarlett -- great news to hear about your Golden!