Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT?-PREVIEW 8/22-8/23 MEANT FOR YOU & MORE THAN A BLENDER....

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

Be still my heart... Now that I essentially no longer watch, I see that Cox has added QVC Plus to their channel line-up... Just what TV needs. More reruns...

Spurt, for your viewing pleasure, they're replaying that stellar game. Oops, I guess it's only locally... Sorry, although maybe it's for the best...

TV... blah...  No wonder I need new reading glasses...

@stevieb  Hey STEVIE----Oh yes QVC PLUS---or as I call it, to borrow a line---Is it live or is it Memorex....sometimes they do air live shows, other times it's like they just loop a bunch of different presentations of a product together---picture it---a plethora of hosts giving the Bliss Light presentation, or Christmas wrap...why it's a ton of fun Smiley Wink .....Or if that's not enough you can enjoy a rerun of a past show that aired on QVC---que up that Billy Preston song once again---NOTHING FROM NOTHING LEAVES NOTHING......

I did see a live Harvest Home Show on Q Plus the other day---Jayne Brown hosted but it was just some of the leftover lighted pumpkins from Valerie and a variety of flameless candles mostly by Home Reflections...with one from Luminara, and a Plow & Hearth item...that was it---.so much for fall decorating......

Stevie I agree about TV----just seeing the previews for the network fall lineups has me running for Pepto Bismal....At least football is back. And I wouldn't mind seeing a replay of a certain game.....Kirk Cousins did have a pretty decent game and the team won! Smiley Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Meant for me...?  I really don't think so.

@stevieb  Hey STEVIE,   now now, Mr. M put a lot of time and trouble in this weekend lineup, especially with you in mind, just look at all those Dooney Shows---why I'm sure they've added even more Logo Lock colors so you can add them to your collection for that special POP OF COLOR.....remember, whether your at work, lounging with a good book, or in the kitchen, or even by the pool, a Logo Lock completes your wardrobe.....and you want to be on trend and considered part of the Hampton crowd now don't ya Smiley Wink

So what have you been up too lately????  What is going on in the Qwappitol vacinity besides an NFL QB that can't stay upright.........

@Spurt...  Believe me, if I want to be 'on trend' with a handbag, it's not going to be with a model that's at least five years old, no how many 'new' colors they foist out there... and that looks like a saddle bag in the first place...

Not much new here... and as for your... QB, yep, isn't he just pathetic... And please, can they just wire his jaws shut...   He grows less likable every season.  Was at the bank a few days ago and one of the tellers was clearly excited, commenting that "the Redskins play Thrusday" to which I simply couldn't help remarking "If you call what they do playing..."  The other tellers cracked up, the teller making the comment smiled but clearly didn't appreciate my humor.  Still, as the customer, what could he say...

Woman Wink 

@stevieb  But STEVIE the LOGO is sooooooooooooo popular---

Oh yes about the QB---I loved the many suggestions that were offered on the sports networks on ways he could keep that trap of his shut---some very creative suggestions I might add Smiley Wink

I had to laugh when the NFL Network ran a promo for their Thursday Night games---who did they show for the Redskin game why none other than running back Alfred Morris---my my how the "mighty one" has fallen---

Boy Stevie you are brave--I bet that one bank teller had a few choice words for you after you left the bank---it's a wonder she didn't close your account and hand you the cash-Woman Wink

And speaking of QB's---have you seen Eli's latest commercial for Direct TV---DS's comment was that he always does such a great job...Cat Frustrated

I had another swarm of wasps---this time I found a mess of them on a bamboo shade I had put in my storage room.....I just waited until evening (when they were asleep) and blasted them with Raid....I didn't want to take a chance on getting stung again---I'm still getting co-pay insurance bills from the doctors & ER wasps are very expensive....Cat Sad  It must be the rain we had earlier in the summer, because everyone is complaining about wasps......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Meant for me...?  I really don't think so.

@stevieb  Hey STEVIE,   now now, Mr. M put a lot of time and trouble in this weekend lineup, especially with you in mind, just look at all those Dooney Shows---why I'm sure they've added even more Logo Lock colors so you can add them to your collection for that special POP OF COLOR.....remember, whether your at work, lounging with a good book, or in the kitchen, or even by the pool, a Logo Lock completes your wardrobe.....and you want to be on trend and considered part of the Hampton crowd now don't ya Smiley Wink

So what have you been up too lately????  What is going on in the Qwappitol vacinity besides an NFL QB that can't stay upright.........

@Spurt...  Believe me, if I want to be 'on trend' with a handbag, it's not going to be with a model that's at least five years old, no how many 'new' colors they foist out there... and that looks like a saddle bag in the first place...

Not much new here... and as for your... QB, yep, isn't he just pathetic... And please, can they just wire his jaws shut...   He grows less likable every season.  Was at the bank a few days ago and one of the tellers was clearly excited, commenting that "the Redskins play Thrusday" to which I simply couldn't help remarking "If you call what they do playing..."  The other tellers cracked up, the teller making the comment smiled but clearly didn't appreciate my humor.  Still, as the customer, what could he say...

Woman Wink 

@stevieb  But STEVIE the LOGO is sooooooooooooo popular---

Oh yes about the QB---I loved the many suggestions that were offered on the sports networks on ways he could keep that trap of his shut---some very creative suggestions I might add Smiley Wink

I had to laugh when the NFL Network ran a promo for their Thursday Night games---who did they show for the Redskin game why none other than running back Alfred Morris---my my how the "mighty one" has fallen---

Boy Stevie you are brave--I bet that one bank teller had a few choice words for you after you left the bank---it's a wonder she didn't close your account and hand you the cash-Woman Wink

And speaking of QB's---have you seen Eli's latest commercial for Direct TV---DS's comment was that he always does such a great job...Cat Frustrated

I had another swarm of wasps---this time I found a mess of them on a bamboo shade I had put in my storage room.....I just waited until evening (when they were asleep) and blasted them with Raid....I didn't want to take a chance on getting stung again---I'm still getting co-pay insurance bills from the doctors & ER wasps are very expensive....Cat Sad  It must be the rain we had earlier in the summer, because everyone is complaining about wasps......

@Spurt

I saw an NFL magazine that featured Dumbo (Manning the Younger) on the cover and I just couldn't believe it...  I mean of all people.  He's no kind of draw, for pity's sake... As for the bank teller she was a he... and he was actually kind of sweet about it, altough I could tell he didn't like it...  With the bank manager laughing along, what could he do. And actually, I think this was before their game last week against Cleveland.

When I first moved in here there was a mostly abandoned wasp nest outside my dining room window.  I gingerly took the screen out and knocked it to the ground below. Those things are evil...

No, I'm afraid there's no Logo Lock for me... And no Plus in my future either. Come on, it's already the same products all the time, so I want to double that?  Thanks, but no, really... I don't think so.

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Hey SPURT,

You are TOO kind!  First, a picture of a yellow Lab because you know how much I love Labs, but the piece de resistance is the picture of Dan and the horses - I will give Dan credit for being an animal lover. But, sorry, a cowboy he ain't.  But nice looking horses.  And let me tell you, that fencing is not cheap, and it looks like he has a huge area fenced.  I would love to have that much pasture with 2X4 wrapped wire horse fencing with the board on top.

My favorite kitty picture is the one resting its chin on the table - cute face!

No, this weekend is not "meant for me," no Susan Graver, no Logo Lock, no IMTAB, and definitely NO Temp-Tations!  I cannot believe that you tell us there is now a Christmas tree.  UGH.  Now, I would enjoy watching Carolyn and her American West jewelry.  At least it would be an American-made non-food, non-cosmetic product.  I just can't afford her items any more.  Ages ago I bought some of her jewelry but it is out of my reach now, although quite beautiful.  And, did I dare hear you say that the mine is closed?  ACK, what is this world coming to??? (heehee).

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt

I saw an NFL magazine that featured Dumbo (Manning the Younger) on the cover and I just couldn't believe it...  I mean of all people.  He's no kind of draw, for pity's sake... As for the bank teller she was a he... and he was actually kind of sweet about it, altough I could tell he didn't like it...  With the bank manager laughing along, what could he do. And actually, I think this was before their game last week against Cleveland.

When I first moved in here there was a mostly abandoned wasp nest outside my dining room window.  I gingerly took the screen out and knocked it to the ground below. Those things are evil...

No, I'm afraid there's no Logo Lock for me... And no Plus in my future either. Come on, it's already the same products all the time, so I want to double that?  Thanks, but no, really... I don't think so.

Woman Wink

@stevieb  But Stevie the Logo Lock now comes in SUEDE!!!! Smiley Happy......  I know, I have an idea, I will ask Katie to send you a REAL saddlebag, and you can take a page from one of our favorite I Love Lucy episodes and really set a fashion trend ----How's that?  Smiley Happy

I bet Dumbo's agent paid to have Eli put on the cover the magazine, since Eli STILL does not have a contract extension---he may have to actually do standup comedy after this year for a living....LOL!!!! 

Yep, that bank teller couldn't really say anything if his boss was right there, especially if his boss was laughing at your comments.....LOL

The good news around here it was not 99 or 100 here...it was actually 91 and the morning was actually pleasant.....but the heat and humidity fans have nothing to fear,  it's supposed to creep back up to 98 by Monday---just as school opens!  Will the heat and humidity please leave!!!!

I went to Hobby Lobby the other day I wanted something different for my coffee table for fall, I wasn't happy with what I had last year, it was a rectangular container with mums in it.....so I bought a small fall wreath and small pumpkins.....and I had ordered some brown luminara candles during CIJ (buying for fall in a Christmas Show---who knew) and thought these would look good in the wreath.....if not I have a hurricane that I can use in the center of wreath.....I just wish the weather would cooperate so I can decorate for the fall season.....I'm waiting until mid-September to put out my fall wreath on my front door and decorate the inside for fall--weather be darned!!! .....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@katiescarlett wrote:

Hey SPURT,

You are TOO kind!  First, a picture of a yellow Lab because you know how much I love Labs, but the piece de resistance is the picture of Dan and the horses - I will give Dan credit for being an animal lover. But, sorry, a cowboy he ain't.  But nice looking horses.  And let me tell you, that fencing is not cheap, and it looks like he has a huge area fenced.  I would love to have that much pasture with 2X4 wrapped wire horse fencing with the board on top.

No, this weekend is not "meant for me," no Susan Graver, no Logo Lock, no IMTAB, and definitely NO Temp-Tations!  I cannot believe that you tell us there is now a Christmas tree.  UGH.  Now, I would enjoy watching Carolyn and her American West jewelry.  At least it would be an American-made non-food, non-cosmetic product.  I just can't afford her items any more.  Ages ago I bought some of her jewelry but it is out of my reach now, although quite beautiful.  And, did I dare hear you say that the mine is closed?  ACK, what is this world coming to??? (heehee).

@katiescarlett  Hey KATIE--- I'm glad you liked the horse....Yep, you won't confuse Dan with the lead character in one of those romantic Cowboy movies on Hallmark...LOL!!!!  But he does love animals and nice house with a lot of acreage---they showed it on one of those Q series---Hosts At Home---and they actually filmed it at the host's house and showed a bit of their place...  He has lambs, donkeys, horses, dogs, and a cat--quite a managerie!!!   Hey KS so when are you adding lambs and donkeys to YOUR furry friend mix Smiley Wink

I liked the kitty waiting at the dinner table too......

Nothing much appealing at the Q for me either these days----PUHLEEAASE a day full of blender demonstrations, a tried old bag, and SG "fashions"---and throw in a dull Dell for good measure---NO THANK YOU!!!! 

I'm an earring girl and Carolyn's earrings are pretty reasonable, but I know some of her other things can get a bit pricey, but at least she's still cheaper than some of the Vicenza junque, then their are the jewelry designers with fake gems and diamonds at really outrageous prices for what amounts to costume jewelry!!! 

I couldn't believe it when I read Temps had manufactured an articial Christmas Tree (rolling my eyes) and ornaments to go with it.....go figure....there is a funny thread about it on the HOME part of the Forum----Can you put the tree in the freezer, microwave, and dishwasher?.....Can you bake on it???  etc etc.....fun stuff! Cat TongueCat LOL

Hey KATIE would you please send Stevie a saddlebag, so she can make a handbag out of it and take a page out of the famous I Love Lucy espisode and give QVC a run for their money with the equestrain look---She doesn't like the Logo Lock and needs an "on trend" option---LOL!

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt

Woman Wink

@stevieb  But Stevie the Logo Lock now comes in SUEDE!!!! Smiley Happy......  I know, I have an idea, I will ask Katie to send you a REAL saddlebag, and you can take a page from one of our favorite I Love Lucy episodes and really set a fashion trend ----How's that?  Smiley Happy

I bet Dumbo's agent paid to have Eli put on the cover the magazine, since Eli STILL does not have a contract extension---he may have to actually do standup comedy after this year for a living....LOL!!!! 

Yep, that bank teller couldn't really say anything if his boss was right there, especially if his boss was laughing at your comments.....LOL

The good news around here it was not 99 or 100 here...it was actually 91 and the morning was actually pleasant.....but the heat and humidity fans have nothing to fear,  it's supposed to creep back up to 98 by Monday---just as school opens!  Will the heat and humidity please leave!!!!

I went to Hobby Lobby the other day I wanted something different for my coffee table for fall, I wasn't happy with what I had last year, it was a rectangular container with mums in it.....so I bought a small fall wreath and small pumpkins.....and I had ordered some brown luminara candles during CIJ (buying for fall in a Christmas Show---who knew) and thought these would look good in the wreath.....if not I have a hurricane that I can use in the center of wreath.....I just wish the weather would cooperate so I can decorate for the fall season.....I'm waiting until mid-September to put out my fall wreath on my front door and decorate the inside for fall--weather be darned!!! .....

@Spurt...  They can put the LL out with gold threading and an 18K gold clunky lock closure and I still don't want it. Dooney and I, with the rare exception, have pretty much gone our separate ways, you know, much like the Q and I... I mean, like the ads say: 'why pay more'...? Besides, as you know, I really don't need any more bags for the rest of several lifetimes, and have been trying, with limited success, to curtail this particular addiction... SO Katie @katiescarlett, really, no need to send me that saddle bag...

Weather here has been a mixed bag...  Several truly miserable hot, humid, gloomy days, and then yesterday, though hot, was more dry and very bright and clear. I believe today is supposed to be similar, but regardless, yep, I'm tired of the heat. Fall here is unpredictable (heck, the weather here overall is unpredictable... just ask the supposed professionals...) but I am hoping for it to arrive soon and stay a while. And while we could use some rain, I'd love fall to be mostly dry and crisp...

Haven't given much thought to fall decor. As usual, I have no idea where I've stashed things and frankly am not terribly worried about finding them. I know where a few things are and so that might be the sum total of my decorating unless I become motivated to seek and recover the rest, which isn't seeming like a fun idea. Likewise, Holiday decorating this year will be minimal. Haven't bought any new items this year for either fall or Christmas and don't plan to. Something along the way might catch my eye, probably at Homegoods, but that's about it. I take it back, I did order Vals foxes (cute) and am on waitlist for her gold pineapple, also ordered by Gina... but I don't see that as specifically a holiday item.

I had the Q on for about a half hour last night and it was just awful. Try as they might to throw a spark into it, it just isn't working. It's the same things and the same vendors over and over and really, I've seen it all enough. As for this weekend, probably won't have it on at all. I watched about an hour of the gold show earlier this week. Turned in on in the afternoon and there was Le Marm... off it went. Turned it on later and watched a bit of Jane, but when The Jester took over, well, off it went again... As BB and I keep saying, the thrill is gone... the thrill has gone away... the thrill is gone... it's gone away for good...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Hi Spurt!  Great recap.   I looked at the cat in the handbag and thought that's where I'd be if my tv had only the Q channel these days.  

Valued Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@katiescarlett wrote:

Hey SPURT,

@katiescarlett  Hey KATIE--- I'm glad you liked the horse....Yep, you won't confuse Dan with the lead character in one of those romantic Cowboy movies on Hallmark...LOL!!!!  But he does love animals and nice house with a lot of acreage---they showed it on one of those Q series---Hosts At Home---and they actually filmed it at the host's house and showed a bit of their place...  He has lambs, donkeys, horses, dogs, and a cat--quite a managerie!!!   Hey KS so when are you adding lambs and donkeys to YOUR furry friend mix Smiley Wink

I liked the kitty waiting at the dinner table too......

Nothing much appealing at the Q for me either these days----PUHLEEAASE a day full of blender demonstrations, a tried old bag, and SG "fashions"---and throw in a dull Dell for good measure---NO THANK YOU!!!! 

I'm an earring girl and Carolyn's earrings are pretty reasonable, but I know some of her other things can get a bit pricey, but at least she's still cheaper than some of the Vicenza junque, then their are the jewelry designers with fake gems and diamonds at really outrageous prices for what amounts to costume jewelry!!! 

I couldn't believe it when I read Temps had manufactured an articial Christmas Tree (rolling my eyes) and ornaments to go with it.....go figure....there is a funny thread about it on the HOME part of the Forum----Can you put the tree in the freezer, microwave, and dishwasher?.....Can you bake on it???  etc etc.....fun stuff! Cat TongueCat LOL

Hey KATIE would you please send Stevie a saddlebag, so she can make a handbag out of it and take a page out of the famous I Love Lucy espisode and give QVC a run for their money with the equestrain look---She doesn't like the Logo Lock and needs an "on trend" option---LOL!

Sure, I can get my saddlebags and send them to stevie!  She could make two bags of them!  I noticed some lace up earth boots when I was changing channels and they look a lot like paddock boots, only not as sturdy, so maybe she can get some of them.  Louis De'ollio (sp?)  had a "hunting" jacket on some time ago, but I don't think it is available any more.  Maybe some status link jewelry that looks like bits or I know what - get the Isaac snaffle bit watch and driving mocs!!! I confess to one of each......my sister gave me the watch, and I got the shoes from the "as is" section.  too cute.  But you know me and my shoes.....

Are you talking about the Lucy episode when they were in England and she went foxhunting?  Her getting on that horse was THE FUNNIEST thing I have ever watched.  I love that show, and she was certainly the queen of physical comedy.

You know, my vet came out to give the horses their semi-annual shots for West Nile, rabies, flu, tetanus, and two types of equine encephalitis, and she said that I need a donkey to keep Bandit happy when I take Jordaen off for my lesson.  Ever since Kiawah died in April, poor Bandit is left by himself for a few hours and he runs up and down the fence line calling for Jordaen.

I am still waiting for Temp-tations bathroom tissue.............

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt...  They can put the LL out with gold threading and an 18K gold clunky lock closure and I still don't want it. Dooney and I, with the rare exception, have pretty much gone our separate ways, you know, much like the Q and I... I mean, like the ads say: 'why pay more'...? Besides, as you know, I really don't need any more bags for the rest of several lifetimes, and have been trying, with limited success, to curtail this particular addiction... SO Katie @katiescarlett, really, no need to send me that saddle bag...

Weather here has been a mixed bag...  Several truly miserable hot, humid, gloomy days, and then yesterday, though hot, was more dry and very bright and clear. I believe today is supposed to be similar, but regardless, yep, I'm tired of the heat. Fall here is unpredictable (heck, the weather here overall is unpredictable... just ask the supposed professionals...) but I am hoping for it to arrive soon and stay a while. And while we could use some rain, I'd love fall to be mostly dry and crisp...

Haven't given much thought to fall decor. As usual, I have no idea where I've stashed things and frankly am not terribly worried about finding them. I know where a few things are and so that might be the sum total of my decorating unless I become motivated to seek and recover the rest, which isn't seeming like a fun idea. Likewise, Holiday decorating this year will be minimal. Haven't bought any new items this year for either fall or Christmas and don't plan to. Something along the way might catch my eye, probably at Homegoods, but that's about it. I take it back, I did order Vals foxes (cute) and am on waitlist for her gold pineapple, also ordered by Gina... but I don't see that as specifically a holiday item.

I had the Q on for about a half hour last night and it was just awful. Try as they might to throw a spark into it, it just isn't working. It's the same things and the same vendors over and over and really, I've seen it all enough. As for this weekend, probably won't have it on at all. I watched about an hour of the gold show earlier this week. Turned in on in the afternoon and there was Le Marm... off it went. Turned it on later and watched a bit of Jane, but when The Jester took over, well, off it went again... As BB and I keep saying, the thrill is gone... the thrill has gone away... the thrill is gone... it's gone away for good...

@stevieb I can understand why you and Dooney have parted ways---afterall, what's the point of purchasing the same bag over and over with QVC's limited offerings of the same ole stuff....But come on Stevie....you curtailing your bag habit, would be like me not watching football or my Spurs Smiley Wink  And I bet if your browsing in TJ's you can resist taking a peek at the handbag section---hmmmmm???? Woman Wink Face it you will always be a baganista!!!

As for fall decorating---thankfully my fall collection is not extensive as Christmas, and the fall decor is confined to one small closet and wreaths are out in the storage room...easy access!!!  But I know what you mean---my other decor stuff is all over the place and sometimes I just don't remember exactly where I put it and then decorating becomes digging through tons of storage bins trying to find things---one of these days I'd like to get organzied---LOL!!! 

QVC has indeed grown stale---I watched a bit of Carolyn Pollack's show flipping it back and forth with the football game ---Texans & Manning the older---JJ didnt play so it lost a bit of interest when the scrubs came in.... Of course when Ant and Carolyn started talking with the caller about THE MINE IS CLOSED---that was it for me & QVC!!!! 

QVC has an odd habit of matching a watchable show with a host that is not exactly everyones cup of tea---and it seems that had quite a lineup just for you to STEVIE.Woman LOL--they really pulled together all your favorites-- Smiley Wink  

And I just don't understand why two hosts in particular have been pushed front and center for some odd reason---yep, with QVC's purchase of Zulily and their choice of those 2 hosts in particular, it seems Q has changed their mind and now seems to be going for the 30 something "busy mom" crowd----and I predict doom and gloom with this approach---do they even listen to their callers to see the deomographic that still actually tunes in!!!.........and showing the same stuff over and over won't attract much of anyone regardless of the age group!!!  Instead of QVC, I think they should replace the name of their company with with a big ?  What they are doing doesn't makes sense or cent$ for them.....JMHO.