Valued Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PREVIEW 10/3-10/4, MUK LUKS, BAGS, AND SHEEP!

[ Edited ]

@Spurt Just two quick things: The Flash Pad was on clearance so maybe we wont see it so much unless they are making room for the "new & improved" version - aaak!

And just FYI for those who didn't know him:

The kitty below the flash pad pic is Colonel Meow. He was an internet cat & he & Grumpy Cat made a couple of videos together (along with Nala & Oskar & Hamilton the Hipster cat) for Friskies. He liked to call humans his minions. Sadly he passed away at barely 2 years old in January 2014 from heart issues triggered by kidney disease.  He held the official record for longest hair on a cat! (9" in case you were wondering)  He was a cool cat :-)

P.S.  The videos are "Cat Summer" & "It's Hard To Be A Cat At Christmas" & you can see them on YouTube. I guess he really wasnt in "Cat Summer", Friskiies honored him at the end of the video.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the chuckles and laughs, Spurt!  

That doggie lying face down in the bed is what I look like when I try to watch Q these days too.  

Honored Contributor

@katiescarlett wrote:

SPURT, I just read the "Carolina Alert" for campus and classes are canceled due to flooding around campus, but as usual, "campus is open for faculty and staff to come to work."  Typical.

@katiescarlett  That's INSANE!!!!  Be careful traveling in all that water!!! Take Care!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@lynnsy wrote:

Thank you spurt for the map to the secret door!  

The grandkids were SO AMAZED at all the stuff in Hobby Lobby.  But WE made sure we stayed clear of the Christmas Decor items.  Told them LETS get thru Halloween first!  I did pick up a couple of kid friendly projects and they got started on them.  And we got a glitter skelton to hang on their door.  My grandson named him Churro (seems its the color of churro's) Smiley Happy  Ah the kids minds, they are amazing with their analytical logic!

@vicalynn  Hi LYNNSY---The grandkids are right, Hobby Lobby is a magical place! I bet they had a ball with their projects and loved that glitter skelton.  Kids do come up with some amazing logic!!!!---

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GinaV24 wrote:

@Spurt love the pictures!  I watched some of AM style and part of Mary Beth's presentation on the muk luk TSV but Sunday had nothing to offer in the preview and I didn't bother watching a minute.

It was very cold and wet here all weekend so the cats and i cuddled up in between my doing chores around the house and watched football.

The Christmas gift shows are complete wastelands for me.  I quit watching them 2 years ago and see no reason to think this year will be any different.  I'll plan to buy my gifts elsewhere.  Things that are a bit more unique and that I haven't seen over and over again.

I got an e-mail about a couple of TSV's that are coming up, but I don't need a new Christmas tree or boots so I will pass on that, too.

@GinaV24 Hi GINA!  Glad you liked the pix.  Sunday I used my remote saw Dan Hughes showing the Serta Bed and sped right passed it to the NFL game---LOL!!!! 

That sounds like a relaxing weekend---cuddling with kitties and watching football (after the chores of course).......

Sadly my parents, and many relatives have passed on, we have cut way down on Christmas gift giving and we all agreed  on just giving a small token gift amongst my sister, my brother & SIL, and a few special friends--and sometimes the gift is a donation to a person's favorite charity.....I do also give a gift to a couple of co-workers...BUT there is NOTHING on the Q's current GIFT GUIDE SHOWS  that I would even want to buy for ANYONE!!! 

And what do QVC hosts think their customers spend on gifts anyway----I mean come-on QVC Hosts---they say a $29-$49  gift is a stocking stuffer (really?????---$50 used to be our max for the "big" gift ) and suggesting gifts like a $300 handbag or an expensive vacuum or computer (now I can see it for maybe a special gift for someone's mom or grand parents if everyone in the family chips in)....but to spend $300 or more on a gift for a friend or co-worker---totally UNREALISTIC in my book!!!!  Jill is one that pushes these expensive gifts!!! Gee, the hosts must  make the real BIG BUCKS to spend that kind of money (at least I heard Carolyn say, call your siblings and see if everyone wants to pitch in to some big ticket item for your parents).....

I think people DO spend more of their Christmas gift budget on their kids (if they are youngsters) or their grandkids---And I think you've made a wise choice passing on QVC's gift ideas ---there are so many more interesting things out their in local stores!!!

And the price of QVC's Christmas trees are outrageous!!! 

Honored Contributor

@mewsmomtoo wrote:

Hey @Spurt, so the Cards managed to lose to the Rams, but at least your Redskins won & what does THAT say about the Eagles??  :-)  Sean Elliott's beloved Wildcats lost big to Stanford :-(  but the Sun Devils beat UCLA at UCLA. I think they suffered the same issue as the Cards & misunderestimated (that's Texan, right?)their opponent so ASU was able to pull it together & get thewin. Congrats to UTSA on their victory over UTEP! That must have been a relief to the players.  I do have a question tho': The schedule says they play at the Alamodome? Isnt that where the Spurs used to play?  Is that why they built them a new place? (Not so new now, Iwas visiting SA when it was being built)  

And yes, i believe Al Michaels did attend ASU. He is such a great announcer, a true professional & his 1980 hockey call always gives me goosebumps & makes me smile ear to ear "Do you believe in miracles?!  YES!!!!"   What an amazing moment in sports history! :-D

Hey, hey now about baseball, what is a child compared to a ball hit by a profesdional player? And they're just trying to get the crowd personally involved when they bang those foul balls into the crowd. As for the brawls, well, someone screwed up, it was supposed to be th he N-A-T-S in the playoffs, not the M-E-T-S so Bryce Harper was just blowing off a little steam...yeah...that's it...just blowing off a little steam.   

Actually, there was some awesome baseball this weekend, trying to get the AL West Division settled which was great because it saved me from having to watch much of that Cardinals game (although you are right about Larry Fitzgerald, a great guy on & off the field!)

You are so lucky to have Red Zone, my BIL with the 50" TV had it a couple of years ago. I miss watching sports on that beautiful TV. I have an old box TV, but at least it is a25", it's  a hand me down but much better than my old 20" that was a color TV, but only one color:green! 

Wednesday is a 24 hour Craft Day on HSN so I will be watching as much as I can. I am a crafter & a crazy card maker & now there's a new thing called pocket letters that are brilliant! Which all reminds me I nedd to make my Halloween wreath in the next couple of days or it will be Christmas before I get it done ! :-)

And I am on a smart phone, which I love,  but it S-U-C-K-S when it comes these boards. I really should do something with my laptop (dropping it in the garbage leaps to mind!)

@katiescarlett, so sorry to read about your town's flooding issues. That's going to be a hardship for a while. Very glad that you & all your animals are safe, even if they arent choosing to be dry! We had a mare who stayed outside anytime it was her choice. I used to think it was maybe because she was a big time show horse for about eight years & didnt have a lot of "outside time", but now I think some just enjoy the sensation of freedom & facing the weather. I hope you continue to stay safe even as the university is requiring yiur presence. Institutions of most kinds are not renowned for their common sense. 

@mewsmomtoo  So sorrry about the AZ NFL Cardinals I think I jinxed them.....and  the Rams lost to the Redskins too---it's been a crazy year in the NFL so far....But I bet the Cards bounce back, Arians is too good a coach. .. The Eagles coach, Chip Kelly, tore apart his successful team and inserted "his guys" and it's not working out too well for him ........  He will probably be another coach that runs back to the college game (ala Nick Saban)........

Oh yes, Henry Cisnero's "white elephant".....build the stadium and the NFL will come, he said---AND THEY DIDN'T!!!  (BTW he is still trying to lure the Raiders even on part time basis , while they get a new stadium built---ROLLING MY EYES) So yes UTSA plays at the Alamodome, along with State High School Playoffs, and of course our bowl game in December, the college Alamo Bowl.  The rest of the time it's used for Home & Garden Shows, Conferences of various kinds, and sometimes the Men's or Women's College Basketball Regional Playoffs & final 4.  After the old Hemisphere arena was torn down to make way for a Convention Center, the Spurs DID play in the Alamodome for a while (since the stadium was designed to be used for BOTH football and basketball).....but it was never meant to be a permanent home for the Spurs and not particularly good for basketball viewing......The SA voters approved a 25 cent tax increase, and there was an increase in the hotel tax (let the tourist pay for it) all the funds paid for the AT&T Center and we had to partner with the County and Rodeo to get all the funds needed to build the Spur's new home (hence the Spurs long road trip when the rodeo opens their doors). And they completely remodeled the ATT Center this summer, and the Spurs have to play 3 of their preseason games on the road this month until the remodel is completed in a few weeks. They improved the seating, the technology stuff, Fan Zone, and added more nicer restaurants.  It's a shame the AT&T Center was not built downtown....the mayor at the time, Howard Peak, was an idiot, and had no vision, and didn't support spending the money on the Spurs (even though they've helped call attention to our city, fills the hotels with media and press, and have added tourism dollars and added millions and millions to the city and county coffers).....Now the restaurants are complaining they miss the Spurs crowds that would frequent before the games, and the bars that were popular after the games miss the business too.....TOO BAD, SO SAD!!!!  They should've listened to the Spurs!

Gee baseball has to use all those "gimmicks" to attract crowds Woman Wink....But never underestimate a good fight, no matter what the sport...Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman Very Happy!!!   My mom was not really a sports fan, but would occasionally watch a game...and she LOVED a good fight no matter if it was baseball or football (and this was totally opposite her sweet and caring personality)---

Mews I had my old Sony box TV for 20 years----I was FORCED to get a new TV when it finally gave out.......and my amoire fit a 40 inch so that is what I got-- a Samsung---and my cousin warned me that these new TV's only last about 5 years if your lucky---so much for modern technology---they just don't make things like they used to-Woman Frustrated  And our cable company started out charging $2.99 for the Ultra Sports Package (it has since gone up to $4.99), which includes the NFL Network, Red Zone, and NBA TV (The ability to see Spur's Coach,Pop's entire press conferences are worth the price of admission---LOL)---and the outdoor channel (I love the dog agility and field competition)---and NASCAR (sometimes I will check in on Joe Gibb's Racing Team) they have the golf channel, and other things I don't watch, but the package is worth it.....not much on the other cable or network channels these days.....and definitely NOT QVC!!!

Thanks for the headsup on HSN's Craft Day---I do enjoy crafting from time to time---I make my own wreaths too, although they do take a beating in the hot Texas Sun---I did buy some of Valerie's wreaths which used to be pretty reasonable, and I couldn't buy all the materials for what she was charging--- and they have held up well.  But a couple of them have seen some wear---and her new wreaths have really going up in price---I looked on line and $60-$70 is way too much now.....so it looks like I will go back to making my own....... And I also do other craft projects from time to time.  I used to do crewel stitching and embroidery and am thinking of taking it up again.....

I only have a lap top and cheap tablet, I have a very cheap cell phone that enables me to take and make calls, text, or take pictures---good enough for me!!! And for $9 a month it gets better reception than some of my friend's latest and not so greatest iphones/smart phones.  If we are out in the Texas Hill Country and they can't get a signal, I love it when they have to ask me to make a call for them---LOL!!!  I just don't want to be connected to the internet 24/7---I know some people need their phones for work or other reasons, but I'm just not a Facebook or Twitter addict---my FB is for a couple of out of state relatives to share photos, and I read Twitter to get some sports news but just do it occasionally---To each their own!!!

Well I'm working from home today and better get to work!Woman Tongue

Honored Contributor

@mewsmomtoo wrote:

@Spurt Just two quick things: The Flash Pad was on clearance so maybe we wont see it so much unless they are making room for the "new & improved" version - aaak!

And just FYI for those who didn't know him:

The kitty below the flash pad pic is Colonel Meow. He was an internet cat & he & Grumpy Cat made a couple of videos together (along with Nala & Oskar & Hamilton the Hipster cat) for Friskies. He liked to call humans his minions. Sadly he passed away at barely 2 years old in January 2014 from heart issues triggered by kidney disease.  He held the official record for longest hair on a cat! (9" in case you were wondering)  He was a cool cat :-)

P.S.  The videos are "Cat Summer" & "It's Hard To Be A Cat At Christmas" & you can see them on YouTube. I guess he really wasnt in "Cat Summer", Friskiies honored him at the end of the video.

@mewsmomtoo  Yes Colonel Meow---so sad he was so young when he passed.  I think you were the one that posted about the kitty friends and all their videos and that Friskies donated food to pet shelters if you voted for your favorite video---and I enjoyed the videos and did participate!!!  Please keep me informed if you run into any future projects like this---the kitties and videos are so cute!!!! And it's for a good cause too!

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

Thanks for the chuckles and laughs, Spurt!  

That doggie lying face down in the bed is what I look like when I try to watch Q these days too.  

@CalminHeart  Hi CALMIN---glad you liked the post!!! Boy aint that the truth---when you see what QVC has on their TV lineup it makes you want to hide your head in a pillow---LOL!!!

Take Care!

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 such cute kitties!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt so sorry to hear about the losses in your family but I understand, I am in a similar situation with only my brother and his daughter as my immediate family so we, too, have cut way back on gift giving at the holidays.  If I see something I think either of them will like, I tend to buy it when I see it and either gift it right away (if the timing makes sense) or hold it for the holidays.  Also, as you mentioned, the prices are above and beyond what we usually spend.  Stocking stuffers for over $30, well, no, just no.

I have gotten so I enjoy the small things in life about the holiday, like spending time with family and friends, decorating the house, baking cookies, rather than buy, buy, buy.  Of course I realize that QVC's purpose in life is to sell, sell, sell but they have to do better than just the same old, same old to convince me if they want to be someone that I consider buying from.

Like you, I didn't even cruise past the Q on Sunday, just avoided it altogether.