Honored Contributor

Q DID WHAT? PREVIEW 10/3-10/4, MUK LUKS, BAGS, AND SHEEP!

[ Edited ]
Hello Folks!

Everyone that's in the path of the dangerous storm please take care of yourself and please stay safe!!!!! 

It's another "fun" weekend at the Q, and Saturday's featured item is MUK LUCK'S!!!--- wonder if any of the items will be like these charming styles....

Image result for animals in mukluks   
         Image result for cats wearing knit hats   Image result for cats wearing knitted scarves        
 show times are at-12-1AM, 3-4AM, 2-3PM.....

AM STYLE with Leah Williams is back

Image result for leah williams am style qvc
featuring MUK LUKS among other fashions....

Image result for cats dressed in knitted scarvesImage result for cats in knitted hats   Image result for cats in knitted hats

Next, it's SATURDAY MORNING GIFTS

Image result for cats and wrapped christmas gifts

From 3-4PM enjoy OR PAZ Israeli Silver Jewelry.  I wonder if one of our favorite host will present this jewelry. Smiley Wink

Image result for or paz jewelry qvc

Then fill up that gift wing with GREAT GIFTS

Image result for cats looking annoyed   

Please, please no Flashpad!!!
Image result for flash pad

Then it's DOONEY & BOURKE----- that means LOGO LOCK!!!!

Image result for cats looking annoyed

Saturday closes with THE GIFT GUIDE---That's a heck of a lot of shopping!!!!

For your SUNDAY entertainment it's SERTA---- a snoozing good time......

It's also WEEKEND GIFT GUIDE!!!!---Check off all those people on your list---teacher's, the school bus driver (even if you don't have children in school--give 'em gifts anyway), don't forget your hair stylist, neighbors that walk your dog and pick up your mail even if you AREN'T ON VACATION Smiley Happy

Image result for cats and wrapped christmas gifts   Image result for cats with wrapped christmas gifts

But the STAR of the day is SERTA!!!

Image result for serta sheep

Celebrate the event by making some sheep cupcakes----

Image result for serta sheep

Or dress up as sheep-----

Image result for animals dressed up as sheep           Image result for cats dressed up as sheep

And of course celebrate by taking a nap----

Image result for cats sleeping on beds                Image result for cats sleeping on a mattress         

Many shows throughout the day --tune in 12-1AM, 7-8AM, 11AM-12PM, 3-4PM, 6-7PM, 9-10PM, 11PM-12AM!!! 

Image result for cats sleeping in bed   

Now never fear, because IN THE KITCHEN WITH DAVID will be on from 12-3PM!!!! 

Image result for in the kitchen with david         Image result for in the kitchen with david
The foodies will definitely be ready....

Image result for dogs dressed as chefs         Image result for dogs dressed as chefs

Back ONCE AGAIN---DOONEY & BOURKE!!!

Image result for cats inside handbags

Image result for cat looking irritated
Enjoy 2 big hours of MUST HAVE GIFTS!!! 

Image result for dogs and wrapped christmas gifts  Image result for cats and wrapped christmas giftsImage result for dogs and wrapped christmas gifts

In between the last 2 SERTA shows it's a special event--SUSAN GRAVER STYLE -WEEKEND EDITION SEASON FINALE-CELEBRATING 25 YEARS!

Image result for cats wearing funny winter clothes    Image result for cats wearing funny winter clothes 

Image result for cats wearing funny costumes        

I think Grumpy Cat puts the entire weekend in puuurrrfect perspective as only she can---

Have a good weekend folks!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PREVIEW 10/3-10/4, MUK LUKS, BAGS, AND SHEEP!

@Spurt

I've been checking out the contents of the Christmas shows on-line (I'm sure as heck not going to watch them) and am utterly in awe that they really, truly are dreadful. The same tired, formulaic qwap they've been foisting out there for most of the last decade. Pathetic. Even Vals evening show today offered nothing special, though it was nice to see Val with Carolyn, so this, I did actually watch.

As for one of your (not mine) favorite hosts... potentially hosting the silver show... Yet another reason not to watch at all this weekend.  And frankly, even as a handbag afcionado, I am thorougly sick of Dooney and Bourke...

You know what's coming...

NEXT!!!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt

I've been checking out the contents of the Christmas shows on-line (I'm sure as heck not going to watch them) and am utterly in awe that they really, truly are dreadful. The same tired, formulaic qwap they've been foisting out there for most of the last decade. Pathetic. Even Vals evening show today offered nothing special, though it was nice to see Val with Carolyn, so this, I did actually watch.

As for one of your (not mine) favorite hosts... potentially hosting the silver show... Yet another reason not to watch at all this weekend.  And frankly, even as a handbag afcionado, I am thorougly sick of Dooney and Bourke...

NEXT!!!

@stevieb  Hey STEVIE, I hope that the folks in the Qwappitol area miss the big storm headed up the east coast!!!  I wish SOME of the rain (and not the wind) would come our way.....

Your right STEVIE these Christmas shows are such a disappointment--it's nothing but Bliss Lights and candlesticks for the windows (its a tradition in the northeast ya know)......and does EVERY vendor have to make a throw or blanket!!!!! And now they took the Berkshire blanket and made it into a sheet--ARRRGGGHHH!!! I'm personally waiting for the Squirrel Brand version, or Tara's configuration in the Old World Pattern or the WEN version.......This just adds to the repetition--- everybody makes the same type of stuff!!!--different vendor, same goods!!!

I saw some of the Val's evening Show---nice to see her and Carolyn together for a plesant viewing experience....although not much new---the show that was on earlier in the day Val and Mary Beth had more new but limited quantities so presentations were very brief, so that's another reason why the prime time show did not have much new....But QVC & Valerie cause the problems themselves because Valerie started offering sneak peeks and special offers to Facebook Friends and then things get limited or sell out before they even reach the TV air waves leaving very little for the prime time shows......And to top if off on the earlier show, Mary Beth had a cold or the flu (I missed the beginning of the show and her explanation) but Mary Beth could barely talk ---When the show ended Valerie told her to go home and take care of herself!!!  Why do sick hosts come in and try to do these live shows!!!  But Val's evening show was just more of the same.....except for the cats in the sweaters---I did pick them up as a gift for a friend.....And now I think VPH has entered a new phase---its no longer mercury glass (although some pieces will forever remain a part of the line), but the new thing seems to be everything MOSIAC as the new trend!!! 

Now Now....I definitely think there are much better choices to host the Or Paz Show this weekend....but with LR gone, it's usually LM, JRT, or Shawny Sue.......it would be a miracle if Pat was chosen, she always does a nice job with jewelry....Shoot! I'd even take Nancy.....

And I definitely think that Dooney needs a nice long vacation---to quote THE HOBBIT, "the road goes ever on" with the same ole handbags especially YOUR personal FAVORITE --- the Logo Lock----ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!

Oh just think---3 long months of this..........or more likely, 3 months of avoiding QVC on my TV remote......Woman Frustrated

To borrow your line...NEXT!!!

And nothing much on the network channels or cable either for that matter---I'm so glad football is back (college and pro) and my Spurs are warming up in the wings Woman Very Happy...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Yep @Spurt, I know...  Never did the phrase (modified though it may be...) same, uh, stuff... different day better apply than to the OMQ... Same stuff, different day, week, month, holiday season... Over and over and over... Throws, 'practical' presents, trinkets, blinking lights, junquey toys, over-priced food, gimmicky qwap and so on... I don't even care most of the time if VPH sells her stuff out, because it's always either the same stuff or might as well be... Mosaic (rolling eyes here...), mercury glass... whatever... Nothing so far on 'silver day' to excite, because once again, it's the same vendors, the same styles and in many cases, the exact same pieces they've shown time and time again...  And so this is why I'm no longer much of a viewer (you know, before one of the more brilliant among us suggests I change the channel...), it's all just been done and done again. If this is meeting anyone's shopping needs or is proving of interest to some folks, more power to them. Personally, I can't see how it can appeal OTHER than to that legion of new customers always coming out of the rafters, because anyone who's been watching QVC even for the past five years has seen all this before and really, should be pretty saturated with it all by now...

Well La Marm is, of course, the resident silver 'expert' and since she probably hand picked all the pieces, designed them and for all we know, made them all by hand all by her self... you know, in between patting herself on the pack, whipping up all those confections for hearth and home and spritzing the pourri... I suppose there's every likelihood she will, indeed, be hosting said show... Not to worry, again, I won't be watching... I could say more, but, well, it might be labeled 'unkind'...

As for Dooney... oy, what can I say. I used to look forward to the shows back in the days when they might be on a couple of times a month. Now that they're pretty much a daily thing, always featuring the same bags and at the Q's full retail prices and high shipping, it's almost reached the point where I don't even like Dooney bags anymore...

You know Spurt, you really have to hand it to Brother Mikey... Somehow, he's managed to keep this tub afloat (barely, by some calculations) for his entire reign of, uh, boredom... with deteriorating variety, programming and hosting and somehow still managed to eek out higher prices... 

As for that weather, well, I really, really SO wish we could send you the rain. My gosh, it's been raining off and on here all week and there's no end in sight... It's miserable. And then there are the weather simpletons... Oh my, they've been pontificating and speculating all week and still can't seem to really tell us what to expect.  They'll talk and talk and talk some more and then next week, when it's all over, they'll still be talking and telling us what we experienced... Unbelievable...

And yes, I keep waiting for the 'new fall season' to come up with just one 'wow' of a TV show... Looks like I better stop waiting...  It wouldn't appear to be happening.  Even the few that looked promising, well, they proved not to be... And really, what is this mess of spreading things out for months? Used to be that the new season started in September and now it seems to be spread out throughout what should be (but isn't here) the fall... Not to worry though, because still, by Christmas, half the new shows will have been cancelled and the rest of the schedule will already be in reruns...

Woman Wink 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

I had a reply written... BUT since I was NOT logged in when I hit the submit button it took me to log in first page.. and for WHATEVER reason - my password would not work, so had to go thru a reset and YEP when I finally get back to forum my response was zapped..  And the password I was using was correct.  I think someone fed the "gremlins" after midnight for sure. 

........ SPURT..... I so love the picture of the dog lying face down in the bed.  I so wish that would be me this weekend.    I will have the grandkids (6 and 8) so we shall be visiting Hobby Lobby for christmas projects for them to do for presents.  Anything with GLUE or PAINT will keep them busy and me happy!   And right next door to Hobby Lobby is Joann's Fabric... sure I could find something in there to keep me busy and happy!

Trusted Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

You know Spurt, you really have to hand it to Brother Mikey... Somehow, he's managed to keep this tub afloat (barely, by some calculations) for his entire reign of, uh, boredom... with deteriorating variety, programming and hosting and somehow still managed to eek out higher prices... 

That's what you get for getting an MBA from Northwestern U.  No glitz, no glitter there.  Just sound business practices.  Next CEO should come from a party school like - you name it.

Honored Contributor

Hi Spurt. Thanks for your entertaining weekly guide to the Q's non-entertainment. With a weekend of lousy, dank weather predicted here (but thankfully Joaquin went out to sea), outdoor activities are likely not in order. Since I'll again have no reason to watch the Q, l will be watching my postseason-bound Mets. And l'll catch up on the season premieres of Blue Bloods and SVU, which I missed, but will watch "on demand." Also, the season premieres of Madam Secretary and The Good Wife are on Sunday evening... They should have waited to schedule the My Pillow presentations for this Sunday, to go along with the Serta mattresses, for a double-snoozefest! After all, timing is everything... Have a safe and dry weekend, everybody.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Valued Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt

NEXT!!!

@stevieb  Hey STEVIE, I hope that the folks in the Qwappitol area miss the big storm headed up the east coast!!!  I wish SOME of the rain (and not the wind) would come our way.....

Your right STEVIE these Christmas shows are such a disappointment--it's nothing but Bliss Lights and candlesticks for the windows (its a tradition in the northeast ya know)......and does EVERY vendor have to make a throw or blanket!!!!! And now they took the Berkshire blanket and made it into a sheet--ARRRGGGHHH!!! I'm personally waiting for the Squirrel Brand version, or Tara's configuration in the Old World Pattern or the WEN version.......This just adds to the repetition--- everybody makes the same type of stuff!!!--different vendor, same goods!!!

I saw some of the Val's evening Show---nice to see her and Carolyn together for a plesant viewing experience....although not much new---the show that was on earlier in the day Val and Mary Beth had more new but limited quantities so presentations were very brief, so that's another reason why the prime time show did not have much new....But QVC & Valerie cause the problems themselves because Valerie started offering sneak peeks and special offers to Facebook Friends and then things get limited or sell out before they even reach the TV air waves leaving very little for the prime time shows......And to top if off on the earlier show, Mary Beth had a cold or the flu (I missed the beginning of the show and her explanation) but Mary Beth could barely talk ---When the show ended Valerie told her to go home and take care of herself!!!  Why do sick hosts come in and try to do these live shows!!!  But Val's evening show was just more of the same.....except for the cats in the sweaters---I did pick them up as a gift for a friend.....And now I think VPH has entered a new phase---its no longer mercury glass (although some pieces will forever remain a part of the line), but the new thing seems to be everything MOSIAC as the new trend!!! 

Now Now....I definitely think there are much better choices to host the Or Paz Show this weekend....but with LR gone, it's usually LM, JRT, or Shawny Sue.......it would be a miracle if Pat was chosen, she always does a nice job with jewelry....Shoot! I'd even take Nancy.....

And I definitely think that Dooney needs a nice long vacation---to quote THE HOBBIT, "the road goes ever on" with the same ole handbags especially YOUR personal FAVORITE --- the Logo Lock----ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!

Oh just think---3 long months of this..........or more likely, 3 months of avoiding QVC on my TV remote......Woman Frustrated

To borrow your line...NEXT!!!

And nothing much on the network channels or cable either for that matter---I'm so glad football is back (college and pro) and my Spurs are warming up in the wings Woman Very Happy...

OKay, I am next.  I saw the Valerie cats in sweaters and thought they were cute, as were the dogs, but since they were not black Labs, I passed.  By the way, did you know yesterday was National Black Dog Day!  It promotes the idea that black dogs are not mean or viscious and are just as lovable as any other color.  Hear Hear!  I love my black dogs!  By the way, love the pic of the dog in the lobster costume, the look on its face is priceless.

So, I replied to the thread, what was my best purchase in Sept. and my reply was NOTHING!

So, I will be stuck inside all weekend due to the record torrential rains we are going to have.  Sadly canceled my riding lesson tomorrow, but did not want to be driving while pulling a horse trailer with precious cargo inside while it is raining like the dickens.  Charleston has basically shut down due to the flooding.  Thankfully I am not in a flood zone.  Now I just have to figure out how I will get the dogs out to potty this weekend!

And with what is planned for QVC for the weekend, looks like I will be reading and doing laundry rather than watching the boring shows.  

I would never buy a mattress off tv.....and you are right, EVERYONE is doing a throw!  I am surprised there are no Temp-tation throws or WEN scented Poo-Pourri.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks again Spurt for the weekend update gotta love those kitty pics because there is nothing to talk about for the Q weekend (as every weekend!)

Gee I used to have Q on in the background while doing other things around the house -- just in case I heard or saw a must have item.....gone are those days too!!

Enjoy your weekend ! I'm kitty sitting the most loving & adorable kitty.  

image.jpeg

He's guarding the treats and my kitty says " oh she's leaving again - Im going too I'm crabby!"

image.jpeg

Valued Contributor

@Spurt wow, what a weekend! Thank you for the warning about Serta on Sunday, mattresses are probably my all-time least -favorite product. I think Grumpy Cat would say " I watched QVC on a Sunday once, it was awful!"

The cats in knit clothing are so funny & I loved the expression of the dog in the lobster costume too. He seemed a little alarmed to find himself dressed in that & having his picture taken to capture the moment forever :-)  Gotta love all these animals who allow their humans to dress them up ♡ You really do an amazing job matching pictures to thoughts & your weekly post is something I really look forward too - Anna Griffin's blog & your posts help make my week!

College football is a disaster here in AZ after we had such high hopes :-(  Tomorrow ASU plays UCLA in Pasadena & sadly that will be our only trip to a major bowl this year.  Stanford is actually a favorite of mine except when they are playing AZ teams so I am rooting for U of A but they have little real chance of winning. At least we have the Cardinals who are home against the Rams so we should have a win on Sunday, yea....I'm glad your Spurs are warming up in the wings, you have something to really look forward to!  I love playoff baseball so I will be able to watch some of that at my parents' place (I reduced my cable & I have no sports channels or TBS which is where most of the baseball is, oh well)

Good luck to those of you in the path of all the rain & wind, like Spurt we would take some of that from you if we could!  I hope you stay safe & dry!