Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? Interesting article maybe QVC should read....

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb

Hey Stevie!  So are you a Breezies Girl now instead of a baganista???

Not on your life... I just decided it was time to shake, uh, things... up... @Spurt...

Woman Very Happy

Incidentally, as you know, we're on the same page about what the Q perhaps ought to do, but I also agree with @Moonchilde that I don't see change in the wind around here... I honestly think they'll fold before they make any meaningful changes. Certainly, looking at the program guide wouldn't indicate anything truly significant in the offing...

That really is my feeling, in a nutshell. They'll go under or go Evine or LC before they'd spend $$ getting serious.

@Moonchilde @Spurt... The handwriting is pretty much on the wall and has been for some time. Their financials have been trending down for several years and yet there've been no meaningful efforts afoot to mix it up... Case in point, look at the upcoming TSV's: a ladder, Wen, an air fryer, Ripka, Vitamix... and so on. Honestly, this could be pulled from the program guide for any given week over the course of the past decade... Lip service to change is about all those who are still watching are going to see...

@stevieb @Moonchilde

Well QVC must really be counting on Zulilly (which surprisingly has been doing well) to pick up the slack as well as their International markets .....stay tuned to..... the financial rags for updates as we watch another retailer potentially bite the dust...(notice I said stay tuned to financial news and definitely not suggesting tuning in to  QVC on any platform)....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@katiescarlett wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@katiescarlett wrote:

That is one of the reasons, among others, why I hate Wally World, too darn big.  I like stores like Trader Joe's, Fresh Market, and a smaller store of one of the chains of grocery stores in my area.

@katiescarlett

Hey Katie!!!!  How have you been?  How many days until your retirement?  How are all your critters doing?

Hey SPURT!  I am fine, have not been on the boards for a few weeks.  I had been on the computer so much at work I could not even look at the one at home.  And one of my co-workers decided to surprise us and retire 9 months early so I am assuming half her duties since the Dean won't let us replace her.  Our office is down from 6 to 2.   I have1 year, 3 months and 11 days to go, but Friday, I was ready to throw in the towel.

The animals are all fine, old Glory is still going at 16+.  He goes to the vet on Thurs. to get a wart removed from his head under local anesthesia as I don't want him knocked out.  He keeps bumping the thing so it is time to come off.  The horses get their spring shots on Wed.

So, our men's and women's basketball teams are both in the Sweet Sixteen!

@katiescarlett

Glad to hear your doing well.......  I completely understand why you decided to take some  time off from social media and computers....being on a computer all day at work and doing not only your job but other people's jobs too....well....that will do it to you---Woman FrustratedWoman Tongue    Hopefully, the happy words of RETIREMENT IS HERE will come quickly for you.....

So Glory is 16+....WOW!!!....that's quite an accomplishment!!!  I wish him a quick and speedy recovery with his surgery! Yep, a local anesthesia is better on their heart than using one that knocks them out..... I had a cat that had to have some dental work at the same age as Glory....and that's what the vet recommended.... So does the vet come to your horses to give them their shots or do you have to load them into a trailer to take them to the vet's?  Give all your critters a hug from me........

Yes I saw the highlights of that big upset on ESPN that the men's South Carolina team delivered in the tournament and I thought of you immediately!!! Woman Very Happy GO S.Carolina! Woman Very Happy

Yep, Glory is the one who got so sick last Labor Day.  In answer to your question, the horse vet comes to my house and I pay a farm call.  I could take them to the clinic but that would be about an hour drive each way.  I would rather pay the farm call!  They will get vaccinated for West Nile, tetanus, flu, rabies, Eastern and Western Equine Encephalitis, and rhinopneumonitis, the latter because I take one off the property for a lesson.  It is a respiratory disease and he could not only pick it up himself, but bring it home to the other.

Even Jimmy Fallon mentioned the men's game last night.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

@katiescarlett wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@katiescarlett wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@katiescarlett wrote:

That is one of the reasons, among others, why I hate Wally World, too darn big.  I like stores like Trader Joe's, Fresh Market, and a smaller store of one of the chains of grocery stores in my area.

@katiescarlett

Hey Katie!!!!  How have you been?  How many days until your retirement?  How are all your critters doing?

Hey SPURT!  I am fine, have not been on the boards for a few weeks.  I had been on the computer so much at work I could not even look at the one at home.  And one of my co-workers decided to surprise us and retire 9 months early so I am assuming half her duties since the Dean won't let us replace her.  Our office is down from 6 to 2.   I have1 year, 3 months and 11 days to go, but Friday, I was ready to throw in the towel.

The animals are all fine, old Glory is still going at 16+.  He goes to the vet on Thurs. to get a wart removed from his head under local anesthesia as I don't want him knocked out.  He keeps bumping the thing so it is time to come off.  The horses get their spring shots on Wed.

So, our men's and women's basketball teams are both in the Sweet Sixteen!

@katiescarlett

Glad to hear your doing well.......  I completely understand why you decided to take some  time off from social media and computers....being on a computer all day at work and doing not only your job but other people's jobs too....well....that will do it to you---Woman FrustratedWoman Tongue    Hopefully, the happy words of RETIREMENT IS HERE will come quickly for you.....

So Glory is 16+....WOW!!!....that's quite an accomplishment!!!  I wish him a quick and speedy recovery with his surgery! Yep, a local anesthesia is better on their heart than using one that knocks them out..... I had a cat that had to have some dental work at the same age as Glory....and that's what the vet recommended.... So does the vet come to your horses to give them their shots or do you have to load them into a trailer to take them to the vet's?  Give all your critters a hug from me........

Yes I saw the highlights of that big upset on ESPN that the men's South Carolina team delivered in the tournament and I thought of you immediately!!! Woman Very Happy GO S.Carolina! Woman Very Happy

Yep, Glory is the one who got so sick last Labor Day.  In answer to your question, the horse vet comes to my house and I pay a farm call.  I could take them to the clinic but that would be about an hour drive each way.  I would rather pay the farm call!  They will get vaccinated for West Nile, tetanus, flu, rabies, Eastern and Western Equine Encephalitis, and rhinopneumonitis, the latter because I take one off the property for a lesson.  It is a respiratory disease and he could not only pick it up himself, but bring it home to the other.

Even Jimmy Fallon mentioned the men's game last night.

@katiescarlett

Wow!!!!  Horses do require a lot of care and a lot of vaccines.....but I know you love them so its worth it to keep them healthy.....and a few apples keeps them happy 

images (1).jpg

Saying a prayer for Glory's surgery and healing........

I missed Jimmy Fallon because I was watching my NBA Spurs ALMOST lose a game to the T-Wolves---SHEESH!!!!  They need to play with some consistency!!!!  ....... Good Luck to SC......Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

I'm sure nobody involved with QVC reads any business related articles unless one of their customers posts to them telling them do to so right?

Yeah, I'm being snarky, it's that kind of dreary miserable day here and perhaps I'm too cranky to be reading the forum today, but honestly....the constant business advice to QVC from so many customer experts here makes me wonder why these experts aren't in business themselves or running making moves to sit on the board of directors where they can implement all their magnificent suggestions.

@Buck-i-Nana

Let me ask you a question......when you shop or use a service do you get asked to complete a survey to let the company know how they are doing or what they can do to improve????? Well I sure do--- every retailer I visit hands me my receipt and asks me to complete a survey to provide feedback .....grocery stores, discount stores, department stores, pizza delivery, doctor's office and pharmacy have all asked for customer feedback....Why even my bank has a commercial where they say even though their Satisfaction Rate is 98% they are asking customers how they can improve even more to meet customer satisfaction........  QVC's financial report for all 4 quarters has steadily been declining and getting worse.....so in other words they better start listening to customers or doing something or they might be laying off more employees or joining Sears, Kmart, JCP, Macys that are struggling to remain in business......Their current plans to maintain the status quo is definitely not working for QVC..... and as the article stated retailers sticking to their old methods and not asking customers what they want won't succeed in today's market.....

May I suggest a nice Margarita (or adult beverage of your choice ) which'll take your mind off the dreary and depressing weather and cure the crankiness ...... Woman Wink

Image result for cat drinking margarita

@Spurt wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

I'm sure nobody involved with QVC reads any business related articles unless one of their customers posts to them telling them do to so right?

Yeah, I'm being snarky, it's that kind of dreary miserable day here and perhaps I'm too cranky to be reading the forum today, but honestly....the constant business advice to QVC from so many customer experts here makes me wonder why these experts aren't in business themselves or running making moves to sit on the board of directors where they can implement all their magnificent suggestions.

@Buck-i-Nana

Let me ask you a question......when you shop or use a service do you get asked to complete a survey to let the company know how they are doing or what they can do to improve????? Well I sure do--- every retailer I visit hands me my receipt and asks me to complete a survey to provide feedback .....grocery stores, discount stores, department stores, pizza delivery, doctor's office and pharmacy have all asked for customer feedback....Why even my bank has a commercial where they say even though their Satisfaction Rate is 98% they are asking customers how they can improve even more to meet customer satisfaction........  QVC's financial report for all 4 quarters has steadily been declining and getting worse.....so in other words they better start listening to customers or doing something or they might be laying off more employees or joining Sears, Kmart, JCP, Macys that are struggling to remain in business......Their current plans to maintain the status quo is definitely not working for QVC..... and as the article stated retailers sticking to their old methods and not asking customers what they want won't succeed in today's market.....

May I suggest a nice Margarita (or adult beverage of your choice ) which'll take your mind off the dreary and depressing weather and cure the crankiness ...... Woman Wink

Image result for cat drinking margarita

re: the surveys--yes.  I knew someone who worked in retail and they were evaluated on how many customers did a survey or applied for one of their store's credit cards.  Also, every service I have (like repairs) e-mails a survey to be filled out.  Also, any time I call a Customer Service Dept.  they send a survey by e-mail after.  I don't know if QVC does this though.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Daysdee wrote:

re: the surveys--yes.  I knew someone who worked in retail and they were evaluated on how many customers did a survey or applied for one of their store's credit cards.  Also, every service I have (like repairs) e-mails a survey to be filled out.  Also, any time I call a Customer Service Dept.  they send a survey by e-mail after.  I don't know if QVC does this though.

@Daysdee

Yes, QVC does occasionally send out surveys......I've gotten a few.  But the one that stands out is the one mentioned in their financial report.....Apparel at QVC had a big decline in one quarter and QVC wanted to find out if customers had switched from QVC to Amazon, because Amazon had just added apparel to their inventory...........but come to find out the majority of customers they surveyed bought things like cat litter and other items not offered by QVC....so the decline was not due to Amazon taking their apparel business away....but interesting that QVC tried to use a survey to find out....when all they had to do was read the Forums .....

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt -- interesting about zulilly. I shopped once with them. Wasn't impressed with the products, the fact that things took forever to ship & their no return policy, so I was a one and done
Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:
@Spurt -- interesting about zulilly. I shopped once with them. Wasn't impressed with the products, the fact that things took forever to ship & their no return policy, so I was a one and done

@GinaV24

The BIG problem with Zulilly before QVC bought the company....their shipping took forever......supposedly now that QVC purchased it the shipping is better...I have never ordered from them myself, but some of the people on the Home/Holiday category have been happy with their purchases from them.....they have some QVC products and some non-QVC from what I've seen....

Regular Contributor

I feel your pain.  I have arthritic knees and can only last about 20 minutes if even.  Another reason I quit going to Walmart.  My legs feel worse after being in there than any other store that I go to.  I wish they'd have some milk up front - but it would probably always be empty.