Honored Contributor

Q DID WHAT? 4th Of July Celebration And Ninjas In The Kitchen--Weekend Preview 7/4 and 7/5

[ Edited ]
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY EVERYONE!!!!

Image result for patriotic cats

And QVC brings you a JULY 4TH WEEKEND CELEBRATION that is hotter than a fireworks!!!

Image result for cats and firecrackers     

The fun starts with 3 BIG HOURS of AM STYLE-----aren't you glad "style" doesn't take weekends off!!!

Image result for animals in 4th of july clothes                Image result for animals in 4th of july clothes               

And next up the kind of show to make George and Martha Washington proud---

Image result for cat wearing george washington wig    Image result for cats dressed as george washington

It's SATURDAY MORNING Q with that brand new intro that viewers can't get enough of....The show includes products in a wide variety--decorating, cleaning, repairing, organizing, cooking or upgrading. And folks, it's FOUR BIG HOURS of demonstrations!!!!...Or you can declare your independence and decide to do something else-----

Image result for cats dressed as george washington
Then for your viewing pleasure, QVC brings you jewlery....and what a special show because they feature a gem, and here's a hint---the mine is closed--but apparently not for QVC----stop that parade and enjoy

Image result for cats in 4th of july parade

TURQUOISE JEWELRY---AMERICAN WEST!!!!! featuring this spectacular gemstone in a variety of styles and settings.....

Image result for cats in 4th of july parade             

SOME FUN FACTS ABOUT THE FOURTH OF JULY---

Happy 4th cat parade

July Fourth is the "biggest hot dog holiday of the year," according to TIME magazine, with Americans reportedly consuming about 155 million of them on Independence Day alone.

Image result for 4th of july hot dogs

"According to legend, on July 4, 1776, John Adams…and his wife, Abigail, sat down for a celebratory meal of turtle soup, New England poached salmon with egg sauce, green pea.... They followed the meal with Indian pudding or Apple Pandowdy," wrote Justine Sterling for Delish.com in 2011.

3.In a letter to his daughter Sarah Bache in 1784, Benjamin Franklin wrote that he was displeased that the bald eagle had been chosen as the symbol for the nation.

Image result for eagle american symbol

4.  Thomas Jefferson changed the wording of the Declaration Of Indepdendence from "the pursuit of property" to "the pursuit of happiness".  I bet QVC and other retailers aren't happy about that!

Image result for cat wearing george washington wig

5. More than 48 million Americans will be shopping for decorations, apparel, and party supplies this Independence Day, with average household spending jumping up to $71.23 (4.5% higher than 2014's $68.16 per household). 

Image result for dogs in 4th of july clothes

Image result for cats celebrating july 4th  Image result for cats celebrating july 4th        Image result for cats celebrating july 4th

And to get your celebration going it's PHILOSOPHY BEAUTY CELEBRATING A MONTH OF MIRACLES---Some felines will say it's a miracle if they stay awake instead of taking a cat nap after all the food and celebration----

Image result for 4th of july hot dogs                 Image result for cats celebrating july 4th                          

I guess QVC thinks there's no better way to celebrate the 4th Of July than with jewelry---it's 3 BIG HOURS of AMERICAN WEST JEWELRY---remember when Black Hills Gold was a regular vendor on American Holidays...so sad an American Company is no longer recognized with an on air appearance.

Celebrate the 4th with Patriotic Shoes........or you can tune in to 2 BIG HOURS of CLARK'S FOOTWEAR

And nothing says revolution and freedom than .....IT COSMETICS-----

Try a patriotic look!!!   

HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!!!

************************************************************************************************

Hungover from your 4th of July celebration---never fear the party continues at QVC!

What's more American than denim and DENIM & CO kicks off the Sunday viewing!!!

Image result for cats wearing jeans

Then get fit with AERO PILATES HOME STUDIO---

And what is the featured item on this Sunday on the long INDEPENDENCE DAY weekend....why none other than a NINJA........

Not that NINJA....it's NUTRI NINJA with "exciting" shows throughout the entire day----QVC's promo reads, " Ninja has been a pioneer in creating innovative household appliances with the goal of easing your busy lifestyle with better, more efficient products. Watch as QVC® presents the blender that can do it all, with Ninja Kitchen. Chop, dice, blend, puree, and crush your way to the best drinks and treats, with Ninja Kitchen on QVC."

NINJA KITCHEN 9 AM-10 AM

SUNDAYS WITH CAROLYN'S (SUBSTITUTE) AND DAN-FEATURING NUTRI NINJA

And MORE NINJA KITCHEN ---

10 AM-12PM

5 PM-6 PM

9PM-10 PM

11PM-12 AM

That's a heck of a lot of NINJAS---

I'm not sure if David will be back from vacation, but what I AM sure about is that Sunday will feature 4 Big Hours of IN THE KITCHEN WITH DAVID!!!!  Sure to be filled with flag waving fun no matter who is the host.......and Mary will be on hand to chat with the foodies.....

july4photo.jpg

A difficult act to follow, but QVC does it with IT COSMETICS----apparently one can never have enough beauty products......And don't ya love love love those before and after demonstrations....

Image result for real cats and makeup

Two shows 4 PM to 5 PM and 8 PM to 9 PM.........

Nestled in after the makeup and ninja shows from 6 PM to 8 PM it's AMERICAN WEST JEWELRY FEATURING JENNIFER NETTLES---yippee ki-yay, yipee ki-yo!!!!

Image result for cats in cowboy outfits

And in between viewing 2 more Ninja shows from 10 PM to 11 PM it's SUSAN GRAVER STYLE---WEEKEND EDITION!!!

I hope everyone has a SUPER FANTASTIC WEEKEND!!!

Image result for patriotic cats

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? 4th Of July Celebration And Ninjas In The Kitchen--Weekend Preview 7/4 and 7/5

I can't imagine your sense of humor! I swear Spurt you ought to put these into a book like Erma Bombeck (who remembers her?) you'd make a million just off these satires of QVC weekends!!!! I'd buy the first copy! Have a great 4th I know I'll be at a bbq with my granddaughter & family.
Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? 4th Of July Celebration And Ninjas In The Kitchen--Weekend Preview 7/4 and 7/5

Just when i'm ready to give up on Q forums, you post something extraordinary!   Thanks, Spurt!  

Super Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

Just when i'm ready to give up on Q forums, you post something extraordinary!   Thanks, Spurt!  

Yes, SPURTs w/e topics is the only reason why I come back here !  Excellent Synopsis SPURT !

Valued Contributor

What an absolute bunch of cuties!  (Of course I refer to the four-legged ones only).  I'd really have a hard time picking a favorite.  Thos labs are my kind of fashionistas, and those cats could put anyone in a patriotic mood.  I miss the Black Hills Gold shows too!  Have a good weekend!

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
Spurt, you are an exuberant fountain overflowing its brim!
Three cheers for the red white and blue !
Ok
Be kind to your web-footed friends,
For a duck might be somebody's mo-ther.
Be kind to your friends in the swamp,
Where the weather is very, very dahmp.
Now you might think that this is the end,
Well it is!
Bless us all, the long and the short and the tall!
And all the animal models who I hope are luxuriantly compensated!
Trusted Contributor

I'm going to assume QVC is planning on everyone being super busy for the holiday weekend and thus this wonderful weekend programming.

But then I must think of all of those house-bound or just unable to be with family and friends for whatever reason and this is the best the Q has to offer on such an important holiday ?

Bland, boring, rountine programming to drive us all nuts once again.

WOULDN'T IT BE ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS IF QVC ACTUALLY GAVE US A WEEKEND TO REMEMBER  WITH SUPERB PROGRAMMING SALUTING THE INDEPENDENCE OF OUR GREAT COUNTRY  with shows and products

representative of the same?

I might just watch and faint !

P.S. Another wonderful job, SPURT !!!!   Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
Red, qvc, (as far as I know), is not in the entertainment business. WE are the FREE entertainment. AND we hand over our money too.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
I will be "demonstrating" against the 4 hours of product demonstrations tomorrow morning by boycotting them!.. And just as Thomas Jefferson advocated, l will pursue "happiness," not "property," on this holiday.

Thanks for the entertainment, and for the interesting Fourth of July factoids. Enjoy your holiday weekend!
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

LOL, thanks for the update, Spurt.  Love the kitty looking over the kabobs and the one trying to do Pilates!  Well I have bought SB jewelry in the past but I think I'm tapped out on this one, as much as I like Carolyn, I will probably FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO DO!

Wow, do you think QVC realizes we can do that? 

As far as watching the Sunday shows, nope, I'll pass on all that.  I don't need any more kitchen stuff.  I'm working on having less stuff, not more.  After looking at my collection of holiday decorations and things (I've been cleaning and reorganizing my storage) I've realized I don't need to buy anything new so the whole CIJ is going to be ignored by me.