Respected Contributor

I can take pretty much all their spiel except this:  "We're giving you................"

I don't know about anyone else, but QVC has NEVER GIVEN ME ANYTHING.

I have bought it, paid for it, etc.  I find this term insulting!!!

Hyacinth

Trusted Contributor

Re: Please stop saying this!

I totally agree - I switch the channel when that phrase is used.  It is a slap in the face - 'really - you are giving this to me ?'.  

This is a sales technique, for example: 'This is so Madison Avenue'  or  'This is so money'.  I find that insulting as well.  If they truly KNEW what a 'moneied look' was they sure wouldn't not apply those phrases to their selling dialogue.

I like Lisa Robertson - it is always nice to see women excell in their line of work ... but I just could not sit through those

@hyacinth003 wrote:

I can take pretty much all their spiel except this:  "We're giving you................"

Hyacinth

shows ... ever.  

Honored Contributor

OHHHH!!  My favorite I hear from callers is, "Thank you for bringing this to us".  WHAT?  They are selling this!

Why do people say this?  I heard this two times this morning!  I want to throw something to the TV.  Are these callers that ummmm 'stupid'?

Esteemed Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

Hyacinth

QVC gives me something--a bill every month!!

Frequent Contributor

the phrase i dislike is "its so shiek!" if you have to say "shiek "then its not. only the uderstated is.

Super Contributor

I agree QVC isn't giving us anything.  How do the hosts come up with this stuff?

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

OHHHH!!  My favorite I hear from callers is, "Thank you for bringing this to us".  WHAT?  They are selling this!

Why do people say this?  I heard this two times this morning!  I want to throw something to the TV.  Are these callers that ummmm 'stupid'?

I sometimes think the callers are shills for QVC or the vendor, or are large shareholders of QVC stock, LOL.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

LOL, I've always thought that too!  They aren't giving me anything if I am paying for it.  Really, QVC, stop with all the silly, cutesy sayings.  I also don't need permission to play or your ok to "go head" and pick up more than one. 

Respected Contributor

One of my pet peeves about QVC is during a fashion presentation when the host says "pair this with a little white skirt or little skinny jeans".  Not everybody is little.  This just has always bugged me!   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My favorites: It's practically free! and You're saving more than you're spending.

Spoiler

LOL. 

I don't know how to get rid of the spoiler thingy. Sorry.