Esteemed Contributor

The products are so stale.  Please get some new items and new vendors.  There are only so many times you can watch the same stuff, no matter who is hosting or how you try to change to show concept. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please get new products Q

Miss some of the "old" beauty lines they used to carry - quite an array!  I tried and liked them all!  There's one rice powder facial jar they used to sell, never been able to find it online!  Also in clothing:  perhaps it's my imagination, but it seems that although they provide many lines, styles seem repetitive amongt the lines.  I'm glad that they're starting to provide more petites, though.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
I agree. Other than some of the sterling silver jewelry shows-- like Michael Dawkins and Or Paz-- which always have some new items, I'm totally bored. We need to see NEW items and vendors across the board, in every category.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

And lots of them...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I used to watch a lot of Q.  They used to offer products that weren't found in every local store or every other online retailer.  They used to offer quality jewelry, none of this cheap bronzo and clad stuff.    They used to be competitive with prices and shipping.  Now I can find almost everything for less, or for less with a promo code, and free shipping on other sites.   The last 5-10 years have done nothing but go downhill.

I generally tune in for the 2 all day gold days and maybe a gem show (if it's real gems) but rarely watch any other day.

And now that we have 6 months of Christmas repeats-from-the-last-5-years, I'm even less inclined to check out Q.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CalminHeart wrote:

I used to watch a lot of Q.  They used to offer products that weren't found in every local store or every other online retailer.  They used to offer quality jewelry, none of this cheap bronzo and clad stuff.    They used to be competitive with prices and shipping.  Now I can find almost everything for less, or for less with a promo code, and free shipping on other sites.   The last 5-10 years have done nothing but go downhill.

I generally tune in for the 2 all day gold days and maybe a gem show (if it's real gems) but rarely watch any other day.

And now that we have 6 months of Christmas repeats-from-the-last-5-years, I'm even less inclined to check out Q.  

Amen sister.... and that's more than likely precisely what it's going to be...  If the line-up the other day was any indication, it might even be more dreadful than even anticipated.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm sorry but I have to agree with these ladies. I'm going down fighting only because I feel loyal to the "old" early years of QVC when it was the fantastic shopping channel of days gone by with innovative and fresh products, much of what you couldn't find in every catalog or each shopping center. Also, the prices were very entertaining and the hosts were 

extremely talented, professional and knowledgeable.

What we receive today can in no way compare, even though you offer products from vendors from further places than just our continent certainly with higher prices in most catagories. I can remember when you had "something for everyone" but I think youe selections and prices now eliminate most of the average working shoppers. I would be extremely happy if you took a step BACKWARDS if it meant returning to the style and standards you had in the first 20 or more years.

I can NOT  understand how TPTB believe that what is offered now is what we all desire and stay tuned in for weekly.

It makes me sad in many ways to lose something that I so once enjoyed and was a major boost to my shopping needs.

Nevertheless, I find I can not support what you offer now, and I barely watch the TV anymore with you on and I am planning to do much less shopping from now on out.

I have already done some Christmas  and personal shopping from other sources.

So as not to end on a sour note, I will thank you for  the wonderful years way in the past when watching, shopping and participating with QVC as a consumer 

was enjoyable, helpful, and a delight.

I do, however, appreciate the free use of this Forum, although the new change might be driving me away yet.

I'm a 28- year, frustrated QVC veteran.

Frequent Contributor

I am frustrated and can't believe more of my $ was spent at HSN the last couple months

Esteemed Contributor

I have posted this before.  The hosts are always saying "Check out QVC.com.  There are thousands of products that will never be shown on air." 

I say, WHY NOT???  Pull some of those "thousands of products" and put together a few hundred new shows!!!

Just a thought~~~~~~

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

There are some very valid points made here.

I have found that they seem to go for what sells and what is deemed "safe" for the general public and they tend to focus on that since the econmy took a nose dive. 

In my case, I tend to shop everywhere and all over the net.  There were vendors and hosts I enjoyed watching but everything changes so I've moved on in my shopping experience and it just "is what it is" essentially. 

I enjoy the community boards and I remain here because there really are interesting subjects and people here, in spite of the changes and complaints liberally sprinkled throughout the community!