Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@rms1954 

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know the word "seriously" wasn't allowed here, I didn't see it forbidden in the community standards?

I'll try not to use it so much!Heart

I didn't say it was not allowed. There you go again.taking what people say and translating them to what you want.  It makes one feel insignificant ... of course comments are worthwhile.

Respected Contributor

Everybody, back to your corners.  Sheesh!

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

If its a trend?  Where have you been for the last 4 or 5 years?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

I think when older people wear what young people are wearing they look desperate, not cool.  Every generation has their fashion day.  I had mine. I would never wear most of the things my granddaughters wear, I would look ridiculous.

But Pat has the right to wear whatever she wants.  She's a salesperson selling clothes. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Trusted Contributor

I think when people put age limits on what a person should or shouldn't wear they sound old and stuffy. 

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:
I couldnt fathom Kathy Levine wearing these tasteless jeans. I guess I am from another era. I dont see them as flattering.

@Reever so just because you couldn't fathom Kathy L wearing these jeans then that means Pat shouldn't wear them? 

Honored Contributor

I'm glad that I live for myself, in this one life I've been given, instead of living for whatever someone else has decided I should be in their mind.

If I'm neat and clean, I'm going to wear what I like. Smiley Wink

I have more than a couple of pairs of distressed jeans.  I have other jeans that I painted images down one leg.  Others with frayed, uneven hems.  I have a couple of jean jackets where I painted images and words all over the back after I saw one online that I wanted but it cost over $800 (mine cost $69 plus sweat equity).  

I'm 60 years old, and a career contracts compliance officer. I'm not trying to be anyone else. 

If I were a TV shopping channel host, and they gave distressed jeans a green light -- yes, I'd wear my distressed jeans.

Respected Contributor
I thought Pat wore them well.

Fussy old women make me tired.
Honored Contributor

There's nothing wrong with wearing distressed jeans.  Not everything is for everybody.  No need to put others down because of their clothing choices.  

Valued Contributor

I don't mind them on others, but I can't stand wearing them. Especially if the holes are near the knees. Hate when I sit down and my knees poke through. 😂