Honored Contributor

PLEASE POLISH YOUR SHOW PRODUCTION!

[ Edited ]

I am wording this very carefully, but I just had to vent!!!  There are only a few shows I watch on QVC these days, and this is one of the reasons why. 

I enjoy watching Valerie Parr Hill even if it's just to get a few decorating ideas from beautiful sets, and one show in which I might actually even purchase an item or two.  But in this particular show more time was definitely needed for some of the parties concerned to familairize themselves with the show products. There were mistakes made on ribbon that would be available as a separate purchase, on shipment dates, and the producer and vendor also had to give corrections on some of the merchandise details.  You could hear voices and cart noises in the background as the host and vendor were trying to give a presentation.  And the producer needs to explain that it is okay to let the vendor speak, and for the host to take a deep breath once in a while. Perhaps the Christmas atmosphere got some of the parties involved a bit too excited...LOL!!!! But this was a very frustrating show for the customers to watch.  More time in planning and show production was needed.

As always Valerie did a great job presenting and decorating the set!!! Image result for small thumbs up emoticon

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Re: PLEASE POLISH YOUR SHOW PRODUCTION!

I didn't watch this particular show as I was at work, but I have noticed similar things with the production.  The new set seems to have the effect of making the voices sound like they are at the bottom of a well and it makes it difficult to pay attention.

And the background noises from other sets is also far more apparent than it was before the sets were changed.

Respected Contributor

I tried to watch, but soon gave up for most of the reasons cited by the OP.  I just don't feel like wasting my time struggling to hear and I did want to hear Valerie.  Hopefully there will be other shows in the near future. Maybe I'll try again.

Honored Contributor

Very objective well-written critique Spurt.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I have to say something about this as well. But it is not just this show, or any Valerie show. It is most of the shows now. I don't watch much anymore, there is just too much distractions. the shows are  not as polished and smooth as they were "back in the day".

Lots of ancillary noises, over-talking, too many people talking at once, over-sharing, off topic, TMI, etc. makes the theme of the show get lost and become uninteresting.

Of course, their is always the host that focuses too much on themselves, their family members, and their personal lives. THIS ABOVE ALL is why I watch less and less.

Add all of that to the boring programming and lack of fresh products and QVC is just not worth watching much at all any more.

I find myself for the first time watching shopping channels I've never even see before.

Trusted Contributor

I think the production people are losing track of what's important to the viewers. We want to know about the product. How it works, size all it's functions etc. we really don't care about their vanity, family stories, over talking the host or shouting. That makes me turn the channel. I wanted a purse one time the host kept going on about her family did not find out nothing about the purse. Changed channel and did not buy the purse. QVC is a great shopping channel. Their customer service is superb. I have been with them for years. They need to get back to basics. Train their hosts to describe items. Make it about the product not themselves . Speak with correct words and not shout or interrupt. I woul watch and buy more. I am sure many people switch channels and don't buy. In the course of a year that adds up for lost sales.
Honored Contributor

Things in Q-ville really have become rather sloppy.  There was a time when QVC was the most professional among the home shopping outfits, but those days are gone... Now, they just like to excuse themselves and what is often a lack of preparation with the 'you gotta love live TV' mantra...  Note to Q:  the others are live too and yet they still tend to offer a more professional demeanor...  Their 'production values' and sets might not be quite as slick, but they're watchability quotient isn't in the the dumpster...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

Yes, Stevieb, isn't it amazing now what the Q seems to think what "hooks" us viewers? I don't need a fancy set, or more models, music, etc. I just rather have a good host who gives out the most pertinent information about he product and does not try to be the entertainer, emcee, and comedian of the hour.

I know some of these hosts believe we are , want, or need to be their best friends, but certainly not me. I'm not some lonely person needing to be entertained by their stories nor do I want or need to live vicarriously through their lives. P L E A S E.

Just give me the facts. as much as possible that would aid me in purchasing the products without superfluous details. I can take it from there.

Honored Contributor

@keithsmom65 wrote:

Yes, Stevieb, isn't it amazing now what the Q seems to think what "hooks" us viewers? I don't need a fancy set, or more models, music, etc. I just rather have a good host who gives out the most pertinent information about he product and does not try to be the entertainer, emcee, and comedian of the hour.

I know some of these hosts believe we are , want, or need to be their best friends, but certainly not me. I'm not some lonely person needing to be entertained by their stories nor do I want or need to live vicarriously through their lives. P L E A S E.

Just give me the facts. as much as possible that would aid me in purchasing the products without superfluous details. I can take it from there.

I've long felt all these antics, along with the sets and ever-changing show titles are a not so successful attempt to obfuscate that they have nothing new or interesting to present, but persist in pushing the same handful of brands out there month after month.  If they had a more interesting, diverse array of products programmed, the rest would fall into place, but since they don't, they seem to think that slick and cute will get the job done...  It might work for some of the people some of the time, but the rest of us are onto them and are not amused...  Many of us also aren't shopping...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@Vickiv wrote:
I think the production people are losing track of what's important to the viewers. We want to know about the product. How it works, size all it's functions etc. we really don't care about their vanity, family stories, over talking the host or shouting. That makes me turn the channel. I wanted a purse one time the host kept going on about her family did not find out nothing about the purse. Changed channel and did not buy the purse. QVC is a great shopping channel. Their customer service is superb. I have been with them for years. They need to get back to basics. Train their hosts to describe items. Make it about the product not themselves . Speak with correct words and not shout or interrupt. I woul watch and buy more. I am sure many people switch channels and don't buy. In the course of a year that adds up for lost sales.

ITA! You said it so well vickiv! I too would buy more if I could stand watching this "new Q". I do my shopping here on line now and since they messed up the board I don't get as many recommendations like I use to so I shop even less. More lost sales for Q.