Super Contributor

I tried ordering the OTO Laura Geller and the order seemed to go through, as I got no sign that it didn't and every step went normally. When I went in to check some earlier orders, I noticed the OTO order wasn't there, so I reordered. When I went to see if that one showed up, it didn't so I tried calling Customer Service...only to find they were closed! No 24/7 Customer Service??? Wow. So I called Sales and was told I wasn't the only one to have their order(s) not showing up. She suggested I keep checking back, and if it doesn't show up to speak to Customer Service in the morning. 

What the heck has happened to this company?!! This is company used to have to notch Customer Service that was available at any time. And I'd never encounter problems placing orders before. It's just kind of mind boggling to see things like this with a company I used to love.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren

Re: Orders Not Going Through?

I had the same problem tonight. Check your payment method because even though the order doesn't show in my order history the payment went through to my bank. So you were probably charged twice since you put the order in twice. I didn't know that customer service wasn't 24 hours! I guess we will see if their glitch will be fixed in the morning!

Super Contributor

I too had same problem. I thought I did something wrong

... or that order did not go through.so I reordered. I....ended with a double order ...had to cancel 2 orders
Super Contributor

Trusted Contributor

@MrsT wrote:

I tried ordering the OTO Laura Geller and the order seemed to go through, as I got no sign that it didn't and every step went normally. When I went in to check some earlier orders, I noticed the OTO order wasn't there, so I reordered. When I went to see if that one showed up, it didn't so I tried calling Customer Service...only to find they were closed! No 24/7 Customer Service??? Wow. So I called Sales and was told I wasn't the only one to have their order(s) not showing up. She suggested I keep checking back, and if it doesn't show up to speak to Customer Service in the morning. 

What the heck has happened to this company?!! This is company used to have to notch Customer Service that was available at any time. And I'd never encounter problems placing orders before. It's just kind of mind boggling to see things like this with a company I used to love.

---------

QVC has never had 24 HR customer service. I can't think of any company, other than, maybe utilities, that do. 

Its just completely cost ineffective. I actually think their CS hours are quite generous. Mistakes happen, they just do. To me, it's how a company deals with them, that's really important. 

Good Luck! 

Super Contributor

The orders posted this morning so I was able to cancel the 2nd order,. Thank you to all who replied.Woman Happy

And actually Q DID have a 24 hour Customer Service department at one time. Granted it might have been many years ago, but they did have it. I've been shopping with them since 1989 and there were times late at night that I would call do an order problem and there was always someone available in Customer Service to help me. Through the years, especially the last couple, I've ordered less and less, so my need for any type of phone support has dropped accordingly. So I was surprised to find they no longer had it, considering the scale of their business.

And I think you'd be surprised to find that there are still plenty of  companies, other than utility companies emergency lines, that have 24 hours service. I live on the west coast, so being able to have access to service that is not based on east coast times is important to me.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren
Super Contributor

That happened to me last night (7/31). I ordered online, everything went as normal. When the page refreshed to the Order Status page it wasn't there. I refreshed again, nothing. I checked my email, no email. This was at 10:49 pm. I waited and at 11:00 I refreshed everything again, still nothing. I called my bank, and it was already pending. I was confused.

I tried calling CS, and was on hold for 10 mins, until the a siren like sound came over the line.

I then went to CS Live Chat, and was kicked off.

I called CS again, still on hold (Funny thing, right as the time clicked to 18 mins on hold, the song, "Gotta Get Through This", by Daniel Bedingfield, came on. That's when I hung up.).

I tried CS Live Chat again, and was told that they were "extremely busy and your Order List should be updated in 30 mins to an hour"........Smiley Indifferent **blink blink** Smiley Indifferent

Ordered at 10:49 pm. Order appears at 12:15 am.

It was the final hours of Christmas in July, so I kind of expected them to be slammed. I've just never had it take that long for the Order Status to show an order. Normally when I click submit, I go straight to my orders and it's there, and it takes a day or so for it to be pending on my bank account. I've shopped for over 10 years online and have never had this happen. I'm hopping it's a busy day/night only thing. That way I know not to try shopping during it.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Same thing happened to me last night around 10-10:30pm.  Placed an order, then went to order status page & was not there.  Checked my email for confirmation & no email which always comes through quickly.  Thought I did something wrong...maybe something like escaping from page before it fully processed Woman Frustrated , never copied down order # because never had problems before & the email confirmation is always quick, so reordered.  Same thing happened!  

Called customer service, was on hold almost 25 minutes!....customer rep said they were extremely busy...they had no record of those orders, even looking up by the 2nd order # I had kept.  Customer rep had me try it again while she was on the line with me, and while I placed order again she kept refreshing her screen to see if either of the first 2 order #'s would show up.  When I got 3rd order # immediately gave it to her & she still could not find that one either!  She then took down my info & said she would keep an eye on it until end of her shift & call me back & let me know the status later, probably after 11:30pm.  She said if orders did not go through they would honor the price & 4 easy pays even after midnight.  Took dog out for 5 minutes around 11:30pm and found message from her....all 3 orders had indeed gone through and she was cancelling the extra 2!  It was a very odd situation.

Also, I tried to place another order for something about 11:55pm and the easy pay option would not work!  Robot Frustrated   Tried several times & emptied cart & went through the order process and finally gave up when the option just would not appear on the screen just above the section where the payment method is selected.  Cat Mad  Guess they had major computer problems last night...

Valued Contributor

I ordered an item last night around 9:00.  When I put it in my shopping cart, It did not show the 4 flex-pays.  I called QVC, and was put on hold for a long, long time. Then we got cut off, and there was a busy signal.  I called 2 more times, and was unable to get through.  I finally gave up, and went to bed.

I really like the 4 flex-pays, but if the items don't show the flex, when you order, what good does it do?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Carol8:  You should call QVC and have them order the item for you with the flex-pays.  I tried to order a camisole five times, and nothing showed up in my account even though I saw them all go through.  I then called and ordered it by phone.  When I woke up this morning, there were six orders in my account.  I was able to cancel all the extras but one that the system sais was in the process of shipping.  I called QVC and had that one canceled.  The rep told me they'd had problems with the ordering process last night.