Frequent Contributor

Now Shipping Costs are EVEN HIGHER

After last weeks lower shipping costs, I had hoped the Q had gotten the message. But I notice that some of the shipping costs have risen from the usual $6.95 to $7.22. Now was this necessary? I would love to find out how much extra revenue the Q adds to their bottom line for the extra shipping they charge us.
Occasional Contributor

Re: Now Shipping Costs are EVEN HIGHER

ITA!!! Maybe they have to charge more for using 2 different shippers for the same order. My tracking says UPS, but the post office delivers it!! WHAT????? Last month I ordered from 2 different catalogs several days after a Q order, and I received BOTH items before the Q even shipped my order! I now only order from the Q if it is something I cant find elsewhere. There are too many sites etc. that offer free or NORMAL price shipping.

Honored Contributor

It seems like QVC is doing some experimenting with sales based on shipping costs. I bought a few things with the lower shipping, but won't buy into the higher shipping now in place. I feel taken advantage of.
New Contributor

I REALLY hope QVC pays attention to these posts because this one in particular I'm very passionate about. QVC has some of THE MOST EXPENSIVE shipping costs I've ever seen (that includes return shipping). It should NEVER cost that much, and if it does, I should get the item in 2 days. I'm on the west coast and with the exception of one item (I ordered the 24-piece Temp-Tations set in Springfetti and somehow I got it in 2 days...that's a record) it usually takes 7-10 days to get the item. I recently purchased a bunch of Isaac tops (my first time buying his items), and ended up returning all but one sweater. I then had to pay to return everything. It's not that bad if you buy a bunch of stuff in one order, but I had multiple orders so had to pay a lot of shipping costs. When sizing is an issue and you just want to exchange a size, you shouldn't have to pay for return shipping. Hello, QVC?! I'm not going to risk swapping out the size and then have the new one not fit either, which means I end up returning the item and paying even more in shipping. I would rather just return the item and pay the return shipping charge.

I'm not sure if the pricing people really pay attention. I have Amazon Prime, get most items in 2 days and it gets me free shipping throughout the entire year. Zappos.com has free shipping (both ways). Spend $50 on some sites and get free shipping. FREE SHIPPING, QVC. I really like QVC and like a lot of their items, but why would I buy a D&B handbag when I can just go to my local mall, get it same day, and NOT pay for shipping. The ONLY good thing about QVC's pricing is the easy pay. I do appreciate that. But the shipping costs have just gotten out of hand.

I agree. I thought when they had reduced shipping recently that maybe they were figuring out that people don't want to pay a lot for shipping, but I guess not.

Regular Contributor

Wonder if their website software has a ""removal from cart clicker counter""... I sure am using that ""remove"" button once I see the higher s/h costs... empty that cart!

Esteemed Contributor

any wonder it took them two days for the s&h to be seen on the items....they were figuring out how much extra postage to add to them....

I will not be making purchases so easily in the future....they have just priced me out of their market base....

I would like them to have something like Amazon Prime....or spend so much and shipping is free like other sites...

Super Contributor

I just ordered a top and the shipping was the same as it has always been. $5.97. Maybe they have increased the shipping on some items but not on any that I have seen so far.

Honored Contributor

I ordered two shirts today and thought the s&h was lower than usual. It was $4.97 on one and $5.22 on the other, but combined it was lower because they were the same brand.