Honored Contributor

Now HSN celebrates "Fri-yah"...🙄🙄🙄

Just put tv on and switched to HSN to see what Wolfgang had as TS.

I hear the host say "so excited to celebrate Fri-yay" oh boy, even the sales lingo on HSN is becoming QVC along with the same product lines.

Rarely watch either channel live but just thought hearing this was strange ...why can't the PTB keep the channels separate.  Used to enjoy hosts but now they talk so fast, tell ridiculous stories and no big savings anymore☹️

Respected Contributor

Re: Now HSN celebrates "Fri-yah"...🙄🙄🙄

@homedecor1 

Perhaps it is becoming a popular phrase?

I heard someone on the Today show say "Fri-yah". Yep, I was in denial. I think it was Al Roker.  Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

I have heard that on a few tv shows besides QVC and HSN.

Honored Contributor

@jpie 

Obviously I'm out of touch with the current lingo.  I hardly watch tv usually after 9 pm but I do admit my crazy guilty pleasure show is "90 Day Fiancé" ...🙈😂

Esteemed Contributor

They say it my job too. Have for a year or two.  

On Microsoft Teams   whatever!!!

I say Yah! every Friday

Honored Contributor

QVC never coined the term, it's been used for at least decades.  I think some who watch QVC 24/7 thought it was a QVC discovered word, since they are using it so much. 

I have five employees who report to me and have to send me their weekly status report every Friday.  One of them, for the past 7 years since she arrived, still emails her report to me with the subject line, "Happy Fri-Yay!" with her report.  She's a delightful, happy person and great professional employee.  I know when I get her email she is one foot out the door! Smiley Very Happy

Regular Contributor

Ughhh I put up with this every Friday at work and when it's payday they say Fri-YAY and pay-YAY.  I can't stand it.  I keep my Teams chat minimized for much of the day because of the nonsense in there.

Esteemed Contributor

Up next:  incorporating Fri-Yay Eve on Thursday.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.