Honored Contributor

Wondering why my "notifications" are showing 11 hearts from one poster on the same post all at the same time.  Can't be that she liked my post so much!!!!!  Actually, I thought you could only "heart" once for a particular post.  

Super Contributor
@Krimpette wrote:

Wondering why my "notifications" are showing 11 hearts from one poster on the same post all at the same time.  Can't be that she liked my post so much!!!!!  Actually, I thought you could only "heart" once for a particular post.  

Hi @Krimpette 

@If someone edits a post that you were @ mentioned then you will receive multiple notifications. If your @ mention is then quoted that will also trigger additional notifications. I logged in one morning to 25 notifications from one poster who had wanted my attention, however there was only one post.

I hope my explanation makes sense. 

Honored Contributor

Wow!  That means I've now gotten 16 hearts for my single post.  Whew!

Esteemed Contributor

@Krimpette .... the exact Sam thing happened to me today ....could be a system  bug" !!!

Honored Contributor

I would guess that there's some sort of a bug also.  When I click on "notifications", it shows 2 from you at exactly the same time on this post.  Yet, if you look at the "hearts", shows only one.  I'm confused!  Sure hope that this isn't the way posters are "ranked", if indeed there is a bug.

Honored Contributor

@Keyai-QVC wrote:
@Krimpette wrote:

Hi @Krimpette 

@If someone edits a post that you were @ mentioned then you will receive multiple notifications. If your @ mention is then quoted that will also trigger additional notifications. I

logged in one morning to 25 notifications from one poster who had wanted my attention, however there was only one post.

I hope my explanation makes sense. 

@Keyai Lol,  apologies because I think that may have been me. Smiley Happy

I love the new  Notification system and I find it extremely helpful. However it took me a while to realize that when I edit a post, then I'm likely to trigger a brand-new notification to anyone that I've  notified in that post.  --  These days, I still wind up sending out multiple notifications when I read edit a post but, hopefully, not nearly as many as I did that day. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Keyai, and everyone, good morning!

I think there might be a website glitch.  I've been noticing multiple notifications when one person "hearts" one of my posts.  I see the pop-up several times if I'm currently logged in and active and I also see multiple listings of the same "heart" activity in my Notification Feed.  Not a big problem in the scheme of things, but since I saw @Krimpette's thread I wanted to mention it.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Keyai, and everyone, good morning!

I think there might be a website glitch.  I've been noticing multiple notifications when one person "hearts" one of my posts.  I see the pop-up several times if I'm currently logged in and active and I also see multiple listings of the same "heart" activity in my Notification Feed.  Not a big problem in the scheme of things, but since I saw @Krimpette's thread I wanted to mention it.

@dooBdoo and @Keyai I've been thinking about this ever since I read @Krimpette 's thread. 

I'm a huge fan of the heart system (and I'm always hearting away), but frequently my heart doesn't seem to take on the very first try. So I wait 5-10 seconds and then I give it a second try. I may give it up to 5 tries before finally giving up. 

If I happen to read the same post later, I'll notice that sometimes that what I had thought were unsuccessful heart attempts finally resulted in hearting success. -- On the other hand, sometimes my hearting attempts were unsuccessful. 

So I'm wondering if there is sometimes a delay between when I heart a post and when it shows me that the heart actually took. 

Hopefully that makes sense. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

N/M

Honored Contributor

Good to know that editing kicks off a whole new notification. On the one hand, I like that folks I've alerted might see that I've made a change to my post, on the other hand, when merely going back to correct typos... well, I guess it is what it is... I guess I could skip the more insignificant corrections and just edit when I really want to add to or otherwise change something I've said in a meaningful way...

Woman Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...