Trusted Contributor

Not Crazy About the New Q Home Page

Not very user friendly to find things.  JMHO.  Sometime change is good - other times not so much!

Honored Contributor

Re: Not Crazy About the New Q Home Page

I agree, not fond of it either.  They just re-did the home page.  I had to get used to that one and now here we are again hunting & pecking along.

And hey - the colors of our words are back!!!  I like this orange! 

Respected Contributor

I agree.  One thing I find truly cheesy is showing the head of a host and then a quote placed right next to their disembodied head that they supposedly said about the product.

Contributor

I can't find the  Recently On Air button.  I also mind that have to go to extend page to find Blogs and Forums.

They messed with this site and ruined it and now they are at it again!

someone please tell me where I can find Recently On Air page!

Thanks,

babe

Contributor

Top right - Shop QVC TV, click on the down arrow.

Esteemed Contributor

There comes a point where a home page can become so busy that it's not worth the trouble to try to navigate through it. QVC has reached that point with the new home page. 

Super Contributor

I agree...not very user friendly.  I had trouble finding the "items recently on air."  It used to be on the left-hand side.  Now it's at the top, right-hand side.   And there's too much mishmash in the center of the homepage.  (And truth be told, I still haven't figured out how to start a topic in the Forum!)

I guess QVC never heard of the expression, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's largely in response to Google's new method of ranking; sites that are more mobile friendly move up. 

While its a wasteland of white space and a chilly experience on a desktop, it's not primarily meant to be experienced there; it works well on a phone. 

All that said, sites that are super-templatized such as this are really quite ugly.

And, the whole thing really works only if you google the full site; the app continues to be a frustration.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

@dd ks girl wrote:

Top right - Shop QVC TV, click on the down arrow.

thanks for the info.....was trying to find the Items Recently on Air also...!!

Frequent Contributor

I don't like it either. I prefer a home page that is one page. You can't even see all of the TSV's image because they made it so darn big. You have to scroll down to see whole image. Not user friendly.