Occasional Contributor
I had purchased Barefoot Dreams new zip up poncho days before it aired and sold out. I just went into my order status to see date I will receive it and it is stated UPS received an empty box from qvc with no product in box. I called qvc customer service and they said nothing they can do. I emailed QVC social team and they said they will NOT try to send poncho to me because now sold out. So much for QVC customer service. I guess u oversold the product because if u didnt put in box. How come it's not in your inventory. I am a consistent buyer from QVC but have been extremely disappointed in their Customer service and their shipping dept. Wondering why so poorly run? This isn't my 1st problem with QVC. I have ordered items I never received. Never had these problems till this past year.
Honored Contributor

@MCshopper   Your situation is very unfortunate but good grief, QVC ships millions of parcels a year and once in a while there's a goof up.  Things like ponchos are shipped in plastic bags.  It's possible one was damaged or wasn't sealed and was lost.  If there are none available they can't send you one, can they?  We're you given a refund?  If so, the case is closed.  End of drama. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I wonder how UPS knew it was an empty box.  

And what if you had been sent an empty box on purpose?   I wouldn't think it would be their decision to send it back to the sender.

That's weird.  But then, a lot of things are weird anymore.  I'm not surprised QVC would inadvertently send an empty box, but I am surprised UPS sent it back and didn't deliver it to you.

Esteemed Contributor

Yeah, how would UPS know that the box was empty?

Sorry, but I'm not believing a word of it from this "newbie" .

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Occasional Contributor
I posted this because I wanted to let qvc shoppers know how horrible qvc customer service is and how poorly their shipping dept is run. Yes I did get a refund but only because I called qvc and asked for it. As far as the empty box statement, that is how it was exactly stated on my account. By the way, I just received a shirt the other day and it was in a box not bag, the usual way clothes ships but does that really make the difference box or bag. If u read other customer complaints, there are alot about customer service and shipping dept. Just wanted to add to others complaints since I see there are so many. Like I said in my first post, this wasn't my first problem with qvc. At Christmas I didn't receive items and I saw many other complaints from customers that they didn't receive things either. It does seem weird that qvc put on my order status that ups received box empty and item will not be delivered...who knows qvc could of oversold and just put this on my account. Either way, another mess up by QVC.
Honored Contributor

By and large, most Q customers think their CS is wonderful.  In over 30 years of shopping, I've never have gad a bad experience with them.  

Yes, during the past year, most retailers have had serious problems due to unavoidable.transportation and supply chain delays as a result the pandemic.  This continues to this day.  It would be patriotic of you to be understanding of what's going on in your country and how it's affected by situations overseas. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor
Not understanding how u can post not believing a word of this from a "newbie"
Are u for real????
Why would someone make this up?? Really???
Thought other customers should know...this is EXACTLY how it was stated on my order status. Im just disappointed I didn't receive what I ordered and surprised when I try to let other qvc customers know u think I made it up? For what reason? That sounds ridiculous!!! Hope this don't happen to u.
Honored Contributor

@MCshopper wrote:
Not understanding how u can post not believing a word of this from a "newbie"
Are u for real????
Why would someone make this up?? Really???
Thought other customers should know...this is EXACTLY how it was stated on my order status. Im just disappointed I didn't receive what I ordered and surprised when I try to let other qvc customers know u think I made it up? For what reason? That sounds ridiculous!!! Hope this don't happen to u.

@MCshopper 

I'm not doubting you, I just find the message strange.  I've never heard of that before.  I've received damaged boxes/bags and missing items with messages from the carrier but never had one sent back to the sender.

If you've had other bad shipping experiences with QVC, I can understand your frustration.  While they're not the only retailer having problems now, they do seem have more than their fair share lately.

Occasional Contributor
This has nothing to do with delayed shipping and being patriotic or anything overseas.
I didn't receive what I ordered shipping in the US because on my order status it stated UPS received empty box from qvc and it will not be shipped. Seems unbelievable and weird but that is what was EXACTLY stated. Thought it was weird, so I wanted to let others know.
So glad u haven't had any problems with qvc. I had this problem and thought it should be posted since I have been reading about so many other people's issues with customer service and shipping. Others should know especially if they are having similar issues.
Respected Contributor

I would think the box had to be compromised some way, that allowed them to see inside, determining it was empty. Perhaps it had a shipping tape failure and the item had fallen out? 

There's no other way they could know if a sealed box was empty. Heck, it could have been a box containing something weightless. We know smaller items are often placed in oversized boxes.

I had UPS deliver an empty bag to me one day, but they still delivered it, to show me that it had come open on one end. It was supposed to contain a tube of lotion. They made a report and that was it.