Trusted Contributor

Re: New Website is Horrible!

To see previous shows, just click Shop QVC. There are previous shows for the day, and the previous day, and a link to the program guide.
Honored Contributor

On 5/9/2015 lizzief said: I simply wanted to look up Breezies. Normally I would have clicked the "Fashion" tab - now there is no such tab - nor any other tabs for that matter. How would someone new to the Q know what products they carry and what brands? It's hard enough to find when you know what you are looking for! Who designed this new website?

lizzief, At the top, toward the left side of all the screens there's a "SHOP BY CATEGORY" option and the drop-down menu lists all the main categories.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

On 5/11/2015 SUHSE39 said: To see previous shows, just click Shop QVC. There are previous shows for the day, and the previous day, and a link to the program guide.

I wanted to repeat this because a simple click of "SHOP QVC TV" (upper right side of page) takes the user to a screen very similar to the original home page we were familiar with using.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I gave it some time before deciding, but the new formatting doesn't bother me. I think they've moved toward a visual format that's along the lines of popular sites like Pinterest, Etsy, Instagram, and others. eBay recently launched a similar re-design. I can understand the discomfort when we've been using a website a lot and knew instinctively where to locate things.

When a site makes changes, it helps to take some time and click on all the options on the various pages to see where they go. Familiarize yourself with the new format, and usually it will become as easy to use as the previous one. I do this with new electronic devices, too... "take a walk" through all the settings and features and figure out how to feel "at home" with the new device.

But, of course, there's nothing wrong with venting about the frustrations that come with changes. Venting is good for the soul{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} and the posts here might be helpful to QVC in making decisions. I think posters have been very helpful in answering questions about how to navigate the new website, and so a big "thanks" to everyone!

Not applicable

New website

Esteemed Contributor

On 5/11/2015 dooBdoo said:

I gave it some time before deciding, but the new formatting doesn't bother me. I think they've moved toward a visual format that's along the lines of popular sites like Pinterest, Etsy, Instagram, and others. eBay recently launched a similar re-design. I can understand the discomfort when we've been using a website a lot and knew instinctively where to locate things.

When a site makes changes, it helps to take some time and click on all the options on the various pages to see where they go. Familiarize yourself with the new format, and usually it will become as easy to use as the previous one. I do this with new electronic devices, too... "take a walk" through all the settings and features and figure out how to feel "at home" with the new device.

But, of course, there's nothing wrong with venting about the frustrations that come with changes. Venting is good for the soul{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} and the posts here might be helpful to QVC in making decisions. I think posters have been very helpful in answering questions about how to navigate the new website, and so a big "thanks" to everyone!

HeydooBdoo, just wanted to say that I was frustrated at first and said so. But once I played with it and investigated, asked questions, read some tips from others, etc. and got the hang of it, I think the website is fine. In fact, I use the page you go to when you click on "Shop QVC TV" as my Home Page. However, after posting over and over on many threads trying to help people, I got frustrated and posted that people needed to realize that there's a learning curve to everything, and they needed to stop complaining and spend their time learning it.

Apparently that didn't set too well with some, but at that point I didn't really care. I came back today after a couple of days away just to read, and this is what I got. Just wanted you to know that I appreciate you and your calming ways. I may not be here for a while... just reading today and then seeing what I've copied below from another thread has made me realize just how mean these boards are and what downers they can be, and I don't need that right now. Hope you're continuing your recovery, and have a great day.

On 5/11/2015bighairgalsaid:

"I_hate the new qvc front page. Mostly I consider the Q as one of the best websites out there, very clean, fast loading, and intuitive but the new front page organization has lost it's easy-to-find links and as any good web developer knows, the user (=customer) is a creature of habit. No matter what new pressures the web puts on web development, it still has to be intuitive and easy to navigate. ForkittymomNCto put out a tonnage of verbage to lecture us idiots how to use this website is patronizing at best and condescending at worst. Make it easy and intuitive qvc or we're drifting away."

My response: "I haven't been posting the last couple of days and won't be for a while. I've had a death in my family that has devastated me, but I decided to come back to the boards just to read and maybe get a little distraction. No pity party here,just the G-d awful truth. But when I saw your post, I had to respond.

bighairgirl,I tried my best to post as much as I could that would be helpful to those who were having problems. But all anyone wanted to do was complain. After posting on so many threads,trying my best to be helpful and giving tips on how to make it easier, I gave up and posted what I felt at that point. And I still feel that way. If people took as much time to explore this website as they have complaining about it, they might not be so negative. You can point people in my direction all you want. I was NOT lecturing any idiots unless you consider yourself one,I was trying to help people who were having problems. If you want to take that as patronizing and condescending, so be it.

As I said before, everything has a learning curve. If you want to learn, do it and stop complaining. If you don't want to learn and just want to complain, have at it."

Esteemed Contributor

Kittymom, I'm sorry for your loss, and I know you don't need to read the negativity right now. I do hope you'll be back after a while.

I know you meant no harm when you said what you said that was considered by some a lecture. You've been answering people's questions all over the board ever since the changes. It's obvious to me that you like to help other posters out. It is in my nature, too, to try and help others out when I feel like I might have the answer.

I sympathize with those who are having difficulty adjusting to the website changes, because through the years I've had to help my mother so many times to figure things out, with all aspects of her owning a computer.

Hang in there! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Super Contributor

On 5/11/2015 kittymomNC said:
On 5/11/2015 dooBdoo said:

HeydooBdoo, just wanted to say that I was frustrated at first and said so. But once I played with it and investigated, asked questions, read some tips from others, etc. and got the hang of it, I think the website is fine. In fact, I use the page you go to when you click on "Shop QVC TV" as my Home Page. However, after posting over and over on many threads trying to help people, I got frustrated and posted that people needed to realize that there's a learning curve to everything, and they needed to stop complaining and spend their time learning it.

Apparently that didn't set too well with some, but at that point I didn't really care. I came back today after a couple of days away just to read, and this is what I got. Just wanted you to know that I appreciate you and your calming ways. I may not be here for a while... just reading today and then seeing what I've copied below from another thread has made me realize just how mean these boards are and what downers they can be, and I don't need that right now. Hope you're continuing your recovery, and have a great day.

On 5/11/2015bighairgalsaid:

"I_hate the new qvc front page. Mostly I consider the Q as one of the best websites out there, very clean, fast loading, and intuitive but the new front page organization has lost it's easy-to-find links and as any good web developer knows, the user (=customer) is a creature of habit. No matter what new pressures the web puts on web development, it still has to be intuitive and easy to navigate. ForkittymomNCto put out a tonnage of verbage to lecture us idiots how to use this website is patronizing at best and condescending at worst. Make it easy and intuitive qvc or we're drifting away."

My response: "I haven't been posting the last couple of days and won't be for a while. I've had a death in my family that has devastated me, but I decided to come back to the boards just to read and maybe get a little distraction. No pity party here,just the G-d awful truth. But when I saw your post, I had to respond.

bighairgirl,I tried my best to post as much as I could that would be helpful to those who were having problems. But all anyone wanted to do was complain. After posting on so many threads,trying my best to be helpful and giving tips on how to make it easier, I gave up and posted what I felt at that point. And I still feel that way. If people took as much time to explore this website as they have complaining about it, they might not be so negative. You can point people in my direction all you want. I was NOT lecturing any idiots unless you consider yourself one,I was trying to help people who were having problems. If you want to take that as patronizing and condescending, so be it.

As I said before, everything has a learning curve. If you want to learn, do it and stop complaining. If you don't want to learn and just want to complain, have at it."

kittymom, I am so sorry for you loss. You have tried, and tried to be helpful and I am so sorry you have been met with such disdain. I do hope you come back when you are ready to post again. I did not see you as being condescending at all, only helpful. I hope the rest of you day is restful. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Not applicable

GOOD GRIEF! I'm in total agreement on other viewer's comments for the web page and layout. I really dislike it! I never write blogs, or comments - this is my second post in 6 years so I definitely feel strongly about this! QVC - 1) you all stated that it looks less cluttered? It looks less finished! Too much white space and not enough actual visible content! 2) You stated that you had to click the QVC logo to get to the homepage? WHAT!?! - I do 98% of my shopping from highend furniture to nice cars to clothing and QVC for my makeup- I have NEVER heard of such a design flaw and I have been shopping via ecommerce for almost 18 years and with QVC online for over 12 years. 3) Bring back the visible hyperlinks - Recently on air, home page - deals, program guide, EVERYTHING! The mobile app has a better layout than this does which I also use on my iPhone. 4) There are development flaws in the pages loading with overrides of text over content. Everyone is commenting about it. You guys should have released a beta/Controlled Introduction web site to your top ecommerce shoppers to get them to try it out first. I would have happily participated and given you honest feedback. It's really bad and very annoying. I shop online to save time - I don't want to spend extra time looking for what should be considered intuitive places to look and the info is NOT THERE!. Beyond frustrating!

Super Contributor

Not only do I hate the new homepage......it actually puts me in a bad mood to shop online now! It's definitely broke, so fix it!