Honored Contributor

Re: New D&Co. Brand Ambassador to Assist Gary

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@DebbieMA wrote:
I agree, I'm watching right now and thought Hmmm she's kinda sloppy looking with her hair looking stringy falling in her face and her top is too tight. I came here to see if anyone else had an opinion...I didn't even know she's the new ambassador.

@DebbieMA   My sister and I also commented on her sloppy appearance and notice her shoes which seemed inappropriate and dirty.

@Kachina624  Her sneakers were the first thing I noticed, because I love them!

They look like the luxury brand called Golden Goose.  They cost anywhere from $450 to $700 a pair.  They're hand made, and intentionally look all scuffed up with marks on them.  

There are a lot of less expensive knock-offs out there because Golden Goose sneakers are so popular.  But if she came on QVC on her first day in knock-offs, I'd be very surprised.  

@Caaareful Shopper @You're on the right track. All the Golden Goose sneakers have a star on them and I don't see a star on these but I think you're right, these are some intentionally distressed designer sneakers. It's a trend. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@DebbieMA wrote:
I agree, I'm watching right now and thought Hmmm she's kinda sloppy looking with her hair looking stringy falling in her face and her top is too tight. I came here to see if anyone else had an opinion...I didn't even know she's the new ambassador.

@DebbieMA   My sister and I also commented on her sloppy appearance and notice her shoes which seemed inappropriate and dirty.

@Kachina624  Her sneakers were the first thing I noticed, because I love them!

They look like the luxury brand called Golden Goose.  They cost anywhere from $450 to $700 a pair.  They're hand made, and intentionally look all scuffed up with marks on them.  

There are a lot of less expensive knock-offs out there because Golden Goose sneakers are so popular.  But if she came on QVC on her first day in knock-offs, I'd be very surprised.  

@Caaareful Shopper @You're on the right track. All the Golden Goose sneakers have a star on them and I don't see a star on these but I think you're right, these are some intentionally distressed designer sneakers. It's a trend. 

@Mindy D  True, the star is almost always on them, but some limited editions don't have it, or it's very obscurred like this pair of Golden Goose:

Women’s Slide LAB in zebra-print pony skin with gold inserts

$915

Mid Star sneakers in leopard-print pony skin with black leather star and silver laminated leather flash

$685

But you are so right.  There are a ton of that scruffed, distressed style sneakers popular now.  It could be any brand. 
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

INITIAL THOUGHTS, FIRST IMPRESSIONS

One thing I believe though is that it would have been nice if they hired someone that customers believe would actually like and wear Denim & Co. I don't see someone like Ms. Morgan, clad in a fitted leather look moto jacket, in all black and wearing on trend sneakers a person that might gravitate towards the selections from Denim & Co. 

LATER THOUGHTS

To be fair to Ms. Morgan, I don't think she had enough time to prepare for her introduction. I don't think she was able to look at the clothes from Denim & Co online and then try to select something to wear that fit in with the brand. I think that she might be a customer that would pick items from the line that go with her own look and lifestyle but she didn't get time to do so.

AFTER WATCHING HER ON AIR

I watched two video presentations with her and she seemed enthused about the leggings she was presenting and she said she bought three pairs and sounded believable. She was understandably nervous in her first presentations. She was on air with Terri.

She will need time to get to know the signature fabrics and sub lines from the brand. During one presentation, she did not know there is a sub of the line known as Essentals and she described the meaning of essentials in one's wardrobe in general terms. Terri very gently mentioned the Essentials line without making it seem that Ms. Morgan was unaware of it.

I can see her progressing rapidly and I wish her well. 

Honored Contributor

He and carolyn were great together, their friendship was so nice to see,think this has left a bad taste  ,for gary.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@sugar plum wrote:
@ellaphantwrote:

"Still carrying on about layoffs and who is now being paid? Have you read about the huge layoffs in other companies this year? Too attached to the Q!"

You missed the point. Its not credible to have a major lay off at any company, then hire new ones so quickly. This tells me that it was being planned all along. JMO OK?!

As for being too "attached" to the Q, that's false. Don't put words into my mouth that aren't there.

I missed the point? What point?  I'm not into disecting who a company hires and rehashing layoffs.

Esteemed Contributor

No Carolyn is bad enough but with no Gary. I ain't watching.

Esteemed Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

I've had several different thoughts since Carolyn was released. There's no question Carolyn was popular; however, we can now assume Denim & Co must have been on its death bed. 

We can see the Q is trying to give it life support or a new face. That face was not Carolyn. 

This does not put Gary on safe ground. After all, he's the one bringing forth the designs. It looks like instead of the Q fixing the designs, it is instead fixing those selling it. Denim & Co. has gotten stale and out of date. Gary seems to be the one to be replaced.

Instead they let the host go, bring in a Brand Ambassador. If Denim & Co. was not selling, it wasn't b/c of Carolyn. She was a great sales woman. 

Again, the Q attempts to attack the wrong problem: they've killed the messenger. The Q always refuses to believe it's their product. Instead, they believe it's the host. Sometimes it may be, but usually when people don't buy, something is wrong with the price or the product.

Respected Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

I've had several different thoughts since Carolyn was released. There's no question Carolyn was popular; however, we can now assume Denim & Co must have been on its death bed. 

We can see the Q is trying to give it life support or a new face. That face was not Carolyn. 

This does not put Gary on safe ground. After all, he's the one bringing forth the designs. It looks like instead of the Q fixing the designs, it is instead fixing those selling it. Denim & Co. has gotten stale and out of date. Gary seems to be the one to be replaced.

Instead they let the host go, bring in a Brand Ambassador. If Denim & Co. was not selling, it wasn't b/c of Carolyn. She was a great sales woman. 

Again, the Q attempts to attack the wrong problem: they've killed the messenger. The Q always refuses to believe it's their product. Instead, they believe it's the host. Sometimes it may be, but usually when people don't buy, something is wrong with the price or the product.

I've noticed Gary attempting (poorly I may add ) to appear younger and hipper in recent years. I agree he is on thin ice.

Honored Contributor

I very recently ran across the Canyon Creek show 'Tess'.  

She was excellent.  

I haven't seen the other D&Co. spokesperson yet.  

Let's wish her well.  Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).