Respected Contributor

Re: New D&Co. Brand Ambassador to Assist Gary

@sugar plum wrote:
Interesting that they can afford to pay for a new D&C "Brand Ambassador" so soon after Carolyn was let go...

Brand Ambassadors are paid when on air. They are not salaried. She's making nothing compared to Caroline's salary. 

Frequent Contributor

Gosh, the first segment she presented she giggled so much.  I noticed when she came back on again she had more composure.  I never see Tess. I know she is doing Canyon Retreat but I don't even see it presented.  D and Co is going insane with the prices.  Lower the prices and stick to one vendor.  They really do overwork Gary, though.  

Contributor

Had to look twice at her shoes. They are dirty. 

Respected Contributor

@Redsoxmom1 wrote:

Gosh, the first segment she presented she giggled so much.  I noticed when she came back on again she had more composure.  I never see Tess. I know she is doing Canyon Retreat but I don't even see it presented.  D and Co is going insane with the prices.  Lower the prices and stick to one vendor.  They really do overwork Gary, though.  

Much better prices at Kohls and Walmart. Ive been DONE with the line for years. I go back to the Fashion Formula days when items were reasonable in  the 1990s.  Kathy Levine could (and did) sell me anything.  

Honored Contributor

@Redsoxmom1 wrote:

@Redsoxmom1    Tess had an hour long show with Ali yesterday.  I don't think the line is doing well.  They have sadly missed the mark and the ambassador knows nothing about the Southwest.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ellaphant wrote:

"Brand Ambassadors are paid when on air. They are not salaried. She's making nothing compared to Caroline's salary."

That may be true, however they let 400 other employees go at the same time.

Personally, I find it's not a good look for the Q to be hiring new employees so soon after a major layoff. How many other new employees have been hired since that day? I'm sure there are many and they probably are paid a lot less than the ones laid off.

I witnessed this happen many times in my career. I know because its happened to me on a few separate occasions.

Yeah, I know that's the way things are and has been for decades. I still think it stinks.

Super Contributor

Geez you guys are tough. 

Frequent Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Redsoxmom1 wrote:

@Redsoxmom1    Tess had an hour long show with Ali yesterday.  I don't think the line is doing well.  They have sadly missed the mark and the ambassador knows nothing about the Southwest.

Oh, wow, I missed it.  I agree they have totally missed the mark with the line and with Tess. 

Esteemed Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

They are trying to pull in a younger crowd to buy  this clothing line

Good luck with that..... it's hard for me to look at.

Honored Contributor

Shoes were filthy. If that is the style-not my style.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....