Occasional Contributor

I think I see the appeal for the Q to do this. There is a new Muppet movie coming out, from Disney, who is using the Q as an avenue to promote the movie and sell some items as well. Since the characters are supposedly there all day, I think you can bet there may be some moments that hit local or cable news programs of hosts interacting with them...more promotion for both entities. And if it pans out and does well financially, we'll probably see a lot more Disney items on Q in the future.

Respected Contributor

I thought the Muppets were strange to be on QVC also. Count me as 'won't be watching'....

If I wanted to watch the Muppets, I would go to the cartoon channel...just sayin'...

Valued Contributor

I don't get it either!!

Honored Contributor

Love the Muppets, but don't see their place on QVC. Tired of hearing about the fact they will be on and also tired of the them still mentioning everything "Red Carpet." That ship has sailed. David mentioned the Muppets will be in the kitchen with him next Wednesday. Oh my!

Honored Contributor
Where is the sense of fun and something different that so many have asked for? I think it will be a success. Lighten up.
Honored Contributor

The only thing I can think of is that it will appeal to the younger portion of their demographic who have young children who will want to see the movie.

But then, what do I know? Before my time here, I had never thought that there were grownups who were so attached to Disney stuff.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Frequent Contributor

You know it would be to funny to have David and a Muppet doing in the Kitchen, beyond that, Not so hot QVC. Instead of pushing Muppets and Disney they should be worried about restocking, quality control, and all these things..You Know.,QUALITY VALUE AND CONVIENCE. Every item I would like to purchase either ends up on Waitlist or Backorder or gets canceled...I guess I should be ordering Disney products and Coffee.

Honored Contributor
On 3/13/2014 spend4zen said:

You know it would be to funny to have David and a Muppet doing in the Kitchen, beyond that, Not so hot QVC. Instead of pushing Muppets and Disney they should be worried about restocking, quality control, and all these things..You Know.,QUALITY VALUE AND CONVIENCE. Every item I would like to purchase either ends up on Waitlist or Backorder or gets canceled...I guess I should be ordering Disney products and Coffee.

I think David said the Muppets will be on his Sunday ITKWD show. I don't get why QVC is pushing the Muppets either even though I think they are cute.

Super Contributor

I think it's totally ludicrous. I recently read where the largest demographics group of QVC watcher's and buyers were women in their 60's, so why are they bringing the Muppets to the Q? I find it ridiculous.

Contributor

Well the Muppets have a very adult sense of humour, so it doesn't necessarily cater to children like some people think. I laughed hysterically. It was fun and whimsical and different, so the people who picked yesterday apart need to lighten up and just have some fun and laugh. I get though that a whole day of it might be a bit much if you're truly not interested....kind of like today with all the Irish stuff....not interested in the least!