Respected Contributor

Am I missing why having the muppets on a shopping channel is important? I could see if they were selling to children, but I'm not sure where the tie in is to the products. I know "miss piggy" supposedly "designed" a handbag for Q, but I just don't see the appeal.

Honored Contributor

Muppets are cute, but no point to having them on QVC.

Honored Contributor

ITA

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

Gina, if you're missing it then so am I and so are lots of folks. This is a complete disconnect. Anything, I guess, as a promotion is their motto, even one that holds so little interest. It increasingly seems like the inmates are in charge of this particular asylum. Rather than give customers something they might actually want, they opt to promote the soon to be cancelled Bethenny, Lori Grenier and now the Muppets... Go figure. Then again, this is the company that's brought us ta Gather, Q Sprouts, Q Plus and programs such repetitive and boring content, so what else should we expect...?

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

I think it's totally pathetic and ridiculous. When Lisa made the announcement the other night, I was hysterical, felt sorry and embarrassed for her.

Super Contributor

I hadn't heard the muppet thing until now. I can almost imagine Lisa Robertson choking out the words that Miss Piggy has designed a handbag for all of us lucky viewers. I don't think anyone above the age of 6 gives a rats you know what about a hand bag designed by Miss Piggy. I couldn't even stomach the heart hardware on the Dooney & Bourke handbags. Who is doing this and more importantly why?

Respected Contributor

My boys liked the Muppets 25 years ago; I was not enchanted then, nor am I now.

Honored Contributor
On 2/17/2014 BonnieBelle said:

I think it's totally pathetic and ridiculous. When Lisa made the announcement the other night, I was hysterical, felt sorry and embarrassed for her.

Oh yes, another in a long line of 'big' announcements that weren't...

Honored Contributor
On 2/17/2014 insomniac said:

My boys liked the Muppets 25 years ago; I was not enchanted then, nor am I now.

Wasn't thrilled by them as a child. They were cute, for a time, at best. Even less enamored of them now...

Talk about an announcement that meets the criteria for having fallen fully flat... and then some...

Respected Contributor

thanks all, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't me since it seems silly in the context of a shopping channel.

The current poll is what food would I want the muppets & David Veneable make -- since there isn't a "who cares?" option, {#emotions_dlg.devil2} I haven't answered the poll.

I know the overwhelming winter weather is making me feel a little crazy but not enough to tune in for the muppets.